srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/autoline-daily/id293704041?i=1000494056462

Has anyone listened to this podcast? At 9:40 into the podcast, Autoline Daily reports that hands-free Active Drive Assist will cost $1,400 and be available three to four months after the Mach-E sales begin.

Sales will start before the end of the ear in the US. Sales in Europe and China will start three months after that.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/autoline-daily/id293704041?i=1000494056462

Has anyone listened to this podcast? At 9:40 into the podcast, Autoline Daily reports that hands-free Active Drive Assist will cost $1,400 and be available three to four months after the Mach-E sales begin.
Sales will start before the end of the ear in the US. Sales in Europe and China will start three months after that.
Probably wont buy it. I'm buying a car to drive it not have somebody else drive it. If I wanted that I'd buy something else

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Another podcast to listen to . . . thanks! Did they say where or who they got that price from?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What does this feature do exactly that the standard feature doesn't?

$1400 is way better than Tesla's $8000. Let's see what it does for $1400.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Ford is getting all or part of that lowered price back now for software from some of us.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What does this feature do exactly that the standard feature doesn't?

$1400 is way better than Tesla's $8000. Let's see what it does for $1400.
They had no information beyond timing and cost.

In a separate tidbit, they said European sales will start about three months after the US, so presumably March.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Two pieces of info: One is that you don't need to listen to the podcast. From the landing page you can select the transcript and go directly to the pertinent part(s). Two is that Autoline has a lot of industry contacts and its information is almost always correct.

The price seems exceptionally good. What Ford has to offer isn't as extensive as what Auto-Pilot offers, but it also won't kill you, which is a plus.

You'd want this either for commuting on major highways or longer trips. It's basically geo fenced autonomous driving. Having the vehicle for a few months should help you decide if you want or need it. In some ways it's nice that it will be delayed a few months.

Last edited:

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
That's not bad at all - maybe they will offer one when they formally launch, but I was worried it was going to be a subscription model like Supercruise. THAT would be annoying.

Rod m

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan leaf
Country flag
Hi guys i’am from the uk and had a email from Ford today
It advised me will be able to complete Pre orders from the end of November
Delivery expected early 2021, can’t wait but I’ll have to, nothing out there has interested me
One day I’ll get my hands on my ER RWD in black, but till then I’ll keep following events over there and see how you get on with yours in December

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
At $8,000 you still need to put your hands on the wheel :)

But too much for me. I told myself that I would buy it at $995 CAD
Give it time ;)

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
Two pieces of info: One is that you don't need to listen to the podcast. From the landing page you can select the transcript and go directly to the pertinent part(s). Two is that Autoline has a lot of industry contacts and its information is almost always correct.

The price seems exceptionally good. What Ford has to offer isn't as extensive as what Auto-Pilot offers, but it also won't kill you, which is a plus.

You'd want this either for commuting on major highways or longer trips. It's basically geo fenced autonomous driving. Having the vehicle for a few months should help you decide if you want or need it. In some ways it's nice that it will be delayed a few months.
Do you mean Tesla's FSD? Autopilot is just auto steer and ACC but you still have to keep your hands on the wheel.

In terms of pricing, $1400 is still less of what I expected. I thought it would be a subscription based service like Cadillac. I hope there is a free trial so I can gauge how good it is. GM is doing a 3 year free trial and after that it's a $25/month trial, which is 7 years and 8 months equivalent.

I wonder if they have any plans for auto lane change and if that'll be another purchasable option.
Sponsored