Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just returned from a road trip in my dad's CRV. It has ACC, which I used most of the time. Like in your rental Camry, it allowed me to adjust following distance using 1-4 bars. I prefer a longer follow because it allows the vehicle to be more efficient by not using mechanical braking as often. However, when getting to busier roadways I would end up shutting it off because anytime someone jumps in front, the car hard brakes, which makes anyone behind it want to get around it, and so on. :)

So, ACC is really cool for less populated roads, and maybe also for heavy stop and go, but haven't tried that yet. I think the CRV might not handle the stop and go situation whereas Mach-E's ACC implementation is enhanced for that (up to 30 seconds of full stop is handled, or something like that).
It might be solved by setting it the ACC to one bar but I'm not sure I want to risk that!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Knowing Your Mustang Mach-E: Connected Navigation

Your Ford Mustang Mach-E* is equipped with SYNC® 4A with Enhanced Voice Recognition and Connected Built-In Navigation** -- the latest technology to help make your travels a bit easier. This video explains how it works.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Knowing Your Mustang Mach-E: Connected Navigation

Your Ford Mustang Mach-E* is equipped with SYNC® 4A with Enhanced Voice Recognition and Connected Built-In Navigation** -- the latest technology to help make your travels a bit easier. This video explains how it works.

OK cool... Looks like Ford is licensing the Garmin myTrends function. This is the first time I'm seeing that on the SYNC display in a screenshot or video.

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/42522

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
It has adaptive cruise control -- my first time using ACC. Wanting to make sure we don't crash the loaner, I've left ACC in 3 "bars" of space (about 3 seconds following distance). Everyone jumps into that large a space.
This transition is going to have its moments.

As 'autonomous' vehicles increase on the roads, human drivers will force the issue, knowing the computers will likely be coded to give way. Catalyst for road rage anyone?

While that will be quite an issue to overcome..... what about situations where many 'autonomous' vehicles reach a critical interaction and each tries to defer to the others due to programming....or each tries to be the one to take the bull by the horns by acting aggressively. I am imagining instances of widespread gridlock & accidents.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

As 'autonomous' vehicles increase on the roads, human drivers will force the issue, knowing the computers will likely be coded to give way. Catalyst for road rage anyone?

While that will be quite an issue to overcome..... what about situations where many 'autonomous' vehicles reach a critical interaction and each tries to defer to the others due to programming....or each tries to be the one to take the bull by the horns by acting aggressively. I am imagining instances of widespread gridlock & accidents.
It’ll be like that comedy skit about traffic jams in Seattle caused by everyone being so polite they insist the others go First, causing gridlock.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

Yup - will be interesting how they resolve this

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
A psuedo-random number generator? I hope not! Too many human drivers drive like they are driven that way already!

?
You're such a nerd. PRNG is "park reverse neutral GO GO GO GO GO." hahaha

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I think what annoys me sometimes is there will be construction cones and signs that say that, but no workers present, lanes still clearly marked and separated, etc. It's like crying wolf, one day they are going to say that and really mean it, but other times its like "well just because the sign says that doesn't mean it isn't safer to go faster".

I'm probably and idiot but since everything is less congested because of covid, I'll routinely drive 75/80 on the way home, even though the whole thing is marked at 65. I'm not one to take risks in a car at all, but I feel just as safe doing that as I would out in the middle of nowhere on a divided highway.

I think what's really dangerous is when a) someone is weaving in and out of traffic, or b) a car is going significantly faster or slower than the cars around it.
Shit i thought only happened here in Montreal
Sponsored