Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2016 Escape, 2019 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
So almost $10K for Beta mis-labeled software. Wonder how the Stans will react?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition (ordered)
Country flag
Having been developing software since the 1980's, we had a much simpler way of explaining it:

You can have it good.

You can have it fast.

You can have it cheap.

But you only get to pick any two of those.....

Edit: Never Mind - I see someone already posted this on page 4 with that cool graphic!!!!!

😉

Jim
see, you proved the point - you posted fast and cheap but it wasn't as good!

• Haha
Reactions: pb3

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicles
2012 Volt 2017 Bolt
Country flag
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jim

Gary Hankins

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
retired
Country flag
While the Active Driving Assist is interesting, the $1,400 price tag goes far beyond interesting and kills the deal.

hybrid2bev

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 C-Max Hybrid, 2020 Explorer ST
Country flag

Wildthing

Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Kona Electric
Country flag
While the Active Driving Assist is interesting, the $1,400 price tag goes far beyond interesting and kills the deal.
That's not $1,400, that's $600 with a $100 rebate, look at the other thread announcing the price

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
*Active Drive Assist is a hands-free highway driving feature. The Active Drive Assist Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Software for the feature will be available for purchase at a later date.

*Active Drive Assist functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY. Separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time.

Hardware is included. Software is not.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicles
62 Olds, 67 Galaxie, 72 Maverick, 73 Cutlass, 76 Malibu, 79 Chevette, 84 Temo, 86 Firebird, 89 Chevy, 93 Barretta, 94 Caravan, 2003 Murano, 2003 Focus, 2006 Caravan, 2011 Fiesta, 2012 Focus, 2013 Escape, 2014 CMax, 2018 Lincoln MKC, 2021 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No Thank You!

DBC

First Name
Don
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The good thing about waiting for the MME is that you have a shorter wait until you can get ADA. It's a no brainer if you do any freeway driving, including (maybe especially) on a commute.

I'm amazed that this feature isn't recognized for the big deal it is.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicles
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2018 Chevrolet Bolt Premium, On Order Mach-e Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer - Nuclear
Country flag
Someone changed lanes into our Leaf a couple of weeks ago, so it's in the shop and we have a loaner Camry. It has adaptive cruise control -- my first time using ACC. Wanting to make sure we don't crash the loaner, I've left ACC in 3 "bars" of space (about 3 seconds following distance). Everyone jumps into that large a space.

I think what is needed is a roof-mounted RPG Launcher to take care of those that cut into that space.

I know this because I have been using ACC in both the Fusion Energi and the the MKZ Hybrid. I have it set for the 3 bars and quite often get cut-off which the ACC reacts to very quickly.

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicles
2016 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2018 Chevrolet Bolt Premium, On Order Mach-e Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer - Nuclear
Country flag
I would never pay for navigation. They support Android Auto & Apple CarPlay so plan on using Google Maps when needed.
AA & ACP are great if you have signal but I travel in a lot of areas in Utah and in National Parks where there is no cell service. Also, I used to visit a lot of very out of the way places that had no cell service so I always used my Garmin and kept up with the FREE map / POIs.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicles
CX727 K3RM
Country flag
AA & ACP are great if you have signal but I travel in a lot of areas in Utah and in National Parks where there is no cell service. Also, I used to visit a lot of very out of the way places that had no cell service so I always used my Garmin and kept up with the FREE map / POIs.
Android Auto navigation works without data coverage as long as you download offline maps into Google Maps ahead of your trip.

I used it extensively this summer on a road trip through the southern Utah and northern Arizona parks. No T-Mobile coverage at the parks.

Advertisement