Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I did all the things this thread said to do. I know how to clean my seats. See my thread saying that exact thing. These seats are cheap low end vinyl. Good luck with them.
Didn't you say your dealer applied an interior protection package?
Sponsored

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Didn't you say your dealer applied an interior protection package?
Yes but I donā€™t know what it is. Given my seats are doing what plenty of others are also experiencing Iā€™m going to say itā€™s the seats. Also, the MME isnā€™t the only Ford with these seats. You canā€™t blame me for the dealer doing something. As far as Iā€™m concerned thatā€™s still Fordā€™s fault.

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes but I donā€™t know what it is. Given my seats are doing what plenty of others are also experiencing Iā€™m going to say itā€™s the seats. Also, the MME isnā€™t the only Ford with these seats. You canā€™t blame me for the dealer doing something. As far as Iā€™m concerned thatā€™s still Fordā€™s fault. And plenty of people ceramic coat them. Iā€™m not blaming the dealer without evidence.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes but I donā€™t know what it is. Given my seats are doing what plenty of others are also experiencing Iā€™m going to say itā€™s the seats. Also, the MME isnā€™t the only Ford with these seats. You canā€™t blame me for the dealer doing something. As far as Iā€™m concerned thatā€™s still Fordā€™s fault.
Not sure why your seats have had such an issue, obviously it shouldnā€™t be so. Iā€™m at 21 months of ownership on mine and the seats look pretty much like new. Damp cloth wipe downs and use of Griotā€™s Interior Cleaner occasionally. Iā€™d agree that the issue with your seats should be considered Fordā€™s problem.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I use a damp chamois on the seats after I'm done drying the car. Only stubborn dirt was sunscreen.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I don't think anyone here blamed you. But I also think it's a fallacy to disregard a product applied and intended to leave behind a durable barrier on a material as potentially impacting the material in a negative way.

Could there be a common solvent? Could it have been absorbed into the material and broken down chemical bonds?

There are big assumptions being made.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Define soap? Like Dawn?
When something is saith require lower chemical, lower abrasion, etc., something like Johnson's Baby Shampoo is a gentle option.

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
Saw this great post on Mavericktruckclub:

Credit to this thread:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...to-clean-care-maintain-in-the-maverick.26791/

Be careful how you clean the ActiveX seats. ActiveX may resemble leather but is quite different and needs to be treated differently from leather and cloth seats. This is NOT leather and do NOT use a scrub brush to clean it and do NOT condition with leather conditioner.​
How To Clean ActiveX Seats?
Knowing that ActiveX comprises high-end synthetic materials, you need to use the proper cleaning methods and products. Contrary to popular opinion, vinyl also needs to be cleaned.​
Even if ActiveX is resistant to stains, that doesnā€™t mean it shouldnā€™t be cleaned. Regular cleaning ensures these seats look neat and last longer.​
Unlike leather, ActiveX doesnā€™t need to be conditioned. And you should keep off harmful chemicals that may eat through the material.​
Only use soft sponges and clothes when cleaning ActiveX to avoid scratching it. Also, avoid cleaners that contain abrasives.​
You donā€™t need any special cleaning agents. Water and ordinary soap should do the trick. In instances when there are a lot of stains, you may have better luck with ammonia.​
Cleaning these seats is simple and quick. Mix soap and water in a bucket. Using a sponge, clean the seats. Ensure that every surface is clean.​
Dry them with a wet towel and give the ActiveX some time to dry before sitting on it. Only do this when performing deep cleaning. During regular washes, wiping the ActiveX with a damp cloth is enough.​
  • As important as cleaning is, you should also know how to maintain your ActiveX seats. Here are some maintenance tips;
    • Whenever you are not using your car for a long time, cover the seats with a dry cloth.
    • Park your vehicle under a shade. This will help avoid exposing the ActiveX to sunrays which may cause fading of the seats.
    • Vacuum the seats regularly to remove the buildup of debris and dust.
    • Always ensure your seats are clean. Get rid of stains as soon as you spot them. This contributes to ensuring the ActiveX looks better for longer. Donā€™t forget to set aside some time to give the seats a deep cleanse every once in a while.
I encourage you to do a web search on "ActiveX" which has some interesting information on this product. I wish I did before buying a supply of leather cleaner and conditioner. I got a good supply when it was on sale. Sorry I did that now. Hopefully the above information will help you keep your seats in good condition for many years.​
Thanks, very , know we know for both of ours, we were wondering

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Saw this great post on Mavericktruckclub:

Credit to this thread:
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...to-clean-care-maintain-in-the-maverick.26791/

Be careful how you clean the ActiveX seats. ActiveX may resemble leather but is quite different and needs to be treated differently from leather and cloth seats. This is NOT leather and do NOT use a scrub brush to clean it and do NOT condition with leather conditioner.​
How To Clean ActiveX Seats?
Knowing that ActiveX comprises high-end synthetic materials, you need to use the proper cleaning methods and products. Contrary to popular opinion, vinyl also needs to be cleaned.​
This looks like common sense basic advice, but where did the information come from? There is no citation from a credible source, such as the manufacturer (Ford). It's just a post from a forum member and doesn't appear to be anything more than opinion.
Sponsored