GioVonGio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E4
Occupation
DOD
Country flag
Has anyone with the need for one of these charging adapters been successful at finding one? We are getting stationed in Europe and were told it would be easy to find and adapter for our US Mach-e but the only ones i have even seen are made to order from China and cost $750+. Any ideas or suggestions on where i can fins one of these fast charger adapters? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Bill S

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Prem ER eAWD, 18 Tesla M3, 64 Falcon Sprint
Country flag
Has anyone with the need for one of these charging adapters been successful at finding one? We are getting stationed in Europe and were told it would be easy to find and adapter for our US Mach-e but the only ones i have even seen are made to order from China and cost $750+. Any ideas or suggestions on where i can fins one of these fast charger adapters? Thanks in advance.
Check the Lectron website. Maybe they can help.

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
Even if you find one, they are typically rated only for 150A, which means you cannot use for DCFC above 60kW otherwise the adapter will melt. In a other words, you can only use it if SoC is above 80% or the charging station is a 50kW one.

The charging stations cables have liquid cooling inside which keeps them from melting and that is something you cannot get with the adapter, that's why their amp rating is limited.

You will also need a Level2 adapter.

Last but not least, you might want to verify warranty coverage. North American warranties are often not covered in Europe. I am not sure if you want to drive the MME without a warranty. If something like the dreaded bricking issue happens you might have to pay $$$ out of pocket to get it fixed.

Last edited: