Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Seems in line with Seattle prices, I think you are going for premium materials so I assume the prices are ok. I am in the west coast and we are used to getting hosed so others may have a different opinion.

I only did a front match with the rear window tint and it was $200 with tax. WA allows us to go down to 24% so matching the rear is legal.
Sponsored

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE Prius Plug-In
Occupation
Retired (former software engineer/cloud analytics)
Country flag
Seems in line with Seattle prices, I think you are going for premium materials so I assume the prices are ok. I am in the west coast and we are used to getting hosed so others may have a different opinion.

I only did a front match with the rear window tint and it was $200 with tax. WA allows us to go down to 24% so matching the rear is legal.
excellent points, especially the note about only matching the fronts. I will do the same, but
with 30% tint to be legal and leave the backs as is (and save $200).

A little surprised about the cost for the PPF (I guess its tricky and labor intensive). Still not sure I will do it.

Thanks again for posting your project. I think many will do it. Ford should make this the stock look.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
The more I look. The more I like. If I only would get my car. ?

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
@Mach Daddy and others here: I got an estimate for $300 for the rear wrap job.
Here are other things I asked about. This is my first try at customizations like this.

"The price for the hood in PPF is $650.
The price for the rear mirrors in PPF is $150- $200.

The price to tint the 4 windows in our XR plus 70% is $400.
This film is the multi-layer nan ceramic film with 98% heat rejection. Backed by a lifetime warranty.

The price for the front upper windshield 4" sunblock strip is $45."

Tint in PA has to let 70% of the light in and it looks like the GT PE already has slightly tinted windows (?)

Do these prices seem reasonable and about right? Im in south central PA between Baltimore and York.
I got my 4 windows + back tinted with Ceramic for $250 @ tint2go here in Miami, so $400 seems a little expensive

The MME has tinted rear windows but its not a reflective coating is just tint, so you do need to apply film for heat rejection for back as well

Here in Florida you can actually go 28% on Front and as much as 15% on back, the back tint that comes from factory on back I believe its 28%

70% would be a very light tint compared to the 28% on the back

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler GT Windows

I also did the wrap for $120 from a shop here, its not perfect as you can actually still see some orange where the deep recess are (the guy that did it warned me before doing it), but you don't notice it from afar and I don't mind it when I do notice it.

I also did not follow same line as @Mach Daddy (his is probably better) but I went with a straight line from the taillight and below the camera, it looks ok to me this way

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler GT Rear

* Sorry for the dirty car pictures, had no chance to wash car yet, they have been doing some roadwork nearby and it gets crazy dirty everyday! :eek:

Last edited:

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Reactions: bcb

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for the excellent post with prices, great photos and info. You confirmed what I suspected -
that my estimate might be a tad bit on the high side. I'm going to keep trying to get more
estimates.

OP
OP
Mach Daddy

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my 4 windows + back tinted with Ceramic for $250 @ tint2go here in Miami, so $400 seems a little expensive

The MME has tinted rear windows but its not a reflective coating is just tint, so you do need to apply film for heat rejection for back as well

Here in Florida you can actually go 28% on Front and as much as 15% on back, the back tint that comes from factory on back I believe its 28%

70% would be a very light tint compared to the 28% on the back

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler GT Rear

I also did the wrap for $120 from a shop here, its not perfect as you can actually still see some orange where the deep recess are (the guy that did it warned me before doing it), but you don't notice it from afar and I don't mind it when I do notice it.

I also did not follow same line as @Mach Daddy (his is probably better) but I went with a straight line from the taillight and below the camera, it looks ok to me this way

* Sorry for the dirty car pictures, had no chance to wash car yet, they have been doing some roadwork nearby and it gets crazy dirty everyday! :eek:
Same here, can still see the paint deep into the recesses, can't avoid it. Looking sharp.

Reactions: bcb

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Since others have posted their rear wraps here, figured I would share mine.

I went with a thin upper gloss black wrap to keep the design of the rear tail lights. Also tinted the upper part of the rear tail lights to blend in with the wrapped section. As with most mods, it looks better in person.

Before and afters:

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6542D.jpg

IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6544D.jpg

OP
OP
Mach Daddy

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I went with a thin upper gloss black wrap to keep the design of the rear tail lights. Also tinted the upper part of the rear tail lights to blend in with the wrapped section. As with most mods, it looks better in person.

Before and afters:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler IMG_6544D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler IMG_6544D

I like it, and the badge!

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks for the excellent post with prices, great photos and info. You confirmed what I suspected -
that my estimate might be a tad bit on the high side. I'm going to keep trying to get more
estimates.
Sometimes higher prices means the correct job. Cheaper doesnt always mean quality. Cheap can bite you. Watch out. My 2 cents.

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Before and afters:

wow, what an interesting take on the rear wrap!

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Before and afters:

Dig the electric plates, too. A perfect match with color and style.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Dig the electric plates, too. A perfect match with color and style.
I just spotted the mud flaps and rims. Likey Likey ... nice. ?

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The coming spoiler is here:
Hey there, did you end up adding the rear spoiler to this? Really curious how that combo would look. I'm torn between the black bar or spoiler, but intrigued by the "why not both!?" option
Sponsored