Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Not sure what you mean

What hatch alignment?
Right alignment is good. Left needs adjustment. The black vinyl creates a very obvious break in alignment to my eyes. Mine had a similar problem I had to adjust myself to satisfy my OCD.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler 1638150232517
Sponsored

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Right alignment is good. Left needs adjustment. The black vinyl creates a very obvious break in alignment to my eyes. Mine had a similar problem I had to adjust myself to satisfy my OCD.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler 1638150232517
ahh I see it now.

I just knew I should have ignored the comment, but had to ask.

I had not seen the miss-alignment at all but now that you pointed it out I'm not going to be able to ignore it either, even if its very subtle...

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
ahh I see it now.

I just knew I should have ignored the comment, but had to ask.

I had not seen the miss-alignment at all but now that you pointed it out I'm not going to be able to ignore it either, even if its very subtle...
Sorry man...I should learn to keep my mouth shut lol. For what it's worth I know exactly what's wrong....the upper hinge is too far forward. You can see that side is also pushed too far back. If you lift the hatch all the way up you'll see the two hinges...just need to loosen those bolts, push back against the hatch to push it towards the front of the car, tighten bolts and check fit...then adjust bumpers at bottom that just screw in and out to get the height at the base.

Check for alignment at hatch top (too far forward sits lower than roof line by a lot like yours does. Check lateral flushness to 1/4 panel, parallel levelness and gap distance side and bottom. Just a lot of trial and error. You mess it up...just loosen and try again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler 1638150973827

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
Sorry man...I should learn to keep my mouth shut lol. For what it's worth I know exactly what's wrong....the upper hinge is too far forward. You can see that side is also pushed too far back. If you lift the hatch all the way up you'll see the two hinges...just need to loosen those bolts, push back against the hatch to push it towards the front of the car, tighten bolts and check fit...then adjust bumpers at bottom that just screw in and out to get the height at the base.

Check for alignment at hatch top (too far forward sits lower than roof line by a lot like yours does. Check lateral flushness to 1/4 panel, parallel levelness and gap distance side and bottom. Just a lot of trial and error. You mess it up...just loosen and try again.
Well you gave us a solution so all is well with the Universe.

Thanks for the write-up on how to fix this.

OP
OP
Mach Daddy

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Could you give us some details on what kind of wrap and color that was used? I really like this look. I am waiting on my '22 Cyber Orange GTPE but will be taking it to my local shop to get to PPF and ceramic. I may just add this to my request. Want to be able to talk to the shop and tell them what was done.
I just asked them to make it look like the rear of an ICE Mustang. It’s a design element used by Ford for a long time on Mustangs so they understood. I mocked up several looks before deciding that the “original” was the best. It’s retro but it conveys something futuristic…I think someone with actual design training can explain why that is.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I like the look but I would love to see a close up of the edge detail (especially on the bottom. I find it hard to believe they can make the look not stuck on like a sticker. Since there is no edge or lip on the bottom. The pictures from a distance look really good.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
That looks great on the yellow. I think it would work well on the whites and silver too.

The flag on the sides should be flying backwards though.

ponygurl29

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Country flag
OP
OP
Mach Daddy

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the look but I would love to see a close up of the edge detail (especially on the bottom. I find it hard to believe they can make the look not stuck on like a sticker. Since there is no edge or lip on the bottom. The pictures from a distance look really good.
Looks like paint. You have to get an inch away from the surface to find an edge, it would be seamless with PPF. Really depends on the wrap though. Thickness varies by brand and type.

Takes a week to settle and get completely flat though. Longer in the winter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler 6E2939BB-661E-444A-99F3-A1B74D47DD8D

OP
OP
Mach Daddy

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Added a black bar / blackout wrap to tail rear and waiting for spoiler 6E2939BB-661E-444A-99F3-A1B74D47DD8D
Adjusting the bump stops get me most of the way there except that on the roof. I will put it on the list to make the hinge adjustment.

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Looks like paint. You have to get an inch away from the surface to find an edge, it would be seamless with PPF. Really depends on the wrap though. Thickness varies by brand and type.

Takes a week to settle and get completely flat though. Longer in the winter.

I agree that looks really good, I keep forgetting how thin that film is. Thank you for showing.

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE Prius Plug-In
Occupation
Retired (former software engineer/cloud analytics)
Country flag
no link. just went to a local tint/wrap shop.
@Mach Daddy and others here: I got an estimate for $300 for the rear wrap job.
Here are other things I asked about. This is my first try at customizations like this.

"The price for the hood in PPF is $650.
The price for the rear mirrors in PPF is $150- $200.

The price to tint the 4 windows in our XR plus 70% is $400.
This film is the multi-layer nan ceramic film with 98% heat rejection. Backed by a lifetime warranty.

The price for the front upper windshield 4" sunblock strip is $45."

Tint in PA has to let 70% of the light in and it looks like the GT PE already has slightly tinted windows (?)

Do these prices seem reasonable and about right? Im in south central PA between Baltimore and York.
Sponsored