mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This is the switch that I bought from an online auto wrecker. I just swapped the liftgate switch from the Exploder cluster to my original (and buggy) MME switch cluster. 😊🐩
Same here. So now +2.
Sponsored

waldo22

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 RWD
Country flag
Yep, but my point was really that the liftgate/fuel door combo switch could be removed from that Escape cluster and give someone an extra momentary contact switch to use for another purpose, and the foglamp switch from the Exploder cluster could be repurposed as well, possibly as a latching (stays on) switch.

I just got one from eBay from an Exploder without the foglamp switch that came with 6" of cut harness with the connector, so I'll be able to re-use those pins.

I'm really concerned about just jamming wire into the connector. It's not just the unreliability, it's having a loose wire flopping around that can cause shorts. It either needs to be properly crimped, or use repair wire with terminals that @markboris posted above. (about $17 plus shipping, though, yikes. The dealership is asking $130. For 5 wires. Absolutely ludicrous.)

Here are some open-barrel crimping tools:

Last edited: