Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
I appreciate the fact that that you felt it was necessary calling out the spelling mistake and it really shows how particular you are, with spelling and your Broncos. I'm really not here to belittle them at all, I'm here to point out that it's not as big of an issue as you seem to think it is. There's 175 posts on this thread before I chimed in today, and an indiscernible amount of folks that had an issue with the Bronco/Bronco Sport button. At this point it's almost easier to just direct people to the Explorer button just to prevent hurt feelings. Nobody from those forums came in here and berated me over it. If you feel like you win, then you can have it. I surely don't want to take that away from you.
Thanks for understanding. ;)

Seriously though it is a western world problem and i know I am fighting a battle where it doesn't belong. Just still putting up a skirmish when i can. Just some of the little aggravating things I have dealt with while waiting forever, along with many broken promises, which i think many on the MME forum can relate to. I do promise it will be worth it in the end. BTW both of these are/will be my first Fords.

I agree about the Explorer idea as that is much easier to remember. Peace out!
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ok. I need help from the smarter people.... again. Apologies if I am getting tedious here.
My wife wants me to replace the max defrost button with a hard button for the hatchback. I am trying to find the switch that @markboris, @i8iridium, and @krazieboy used. None of those part numbers are coming up on parts.ford.com. What I do find are multiple switches for the explorer that appear to be the correct thing, but have way different prices. There's this one for $33 and this one for $124. I don't really see a difference. And does it really matter if the only thing I want to do is replace the subswitch as Mark did? If I could get this done for $33 that would be amazing.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Ok. I need help from the smarter people.... again. Apologies if I am getting tedious here.
My wife wants me to replace the max defrost button with a hard button for the hatchback. I am trying to find the switch that @markboris, @i8iridium, and @krazieboy used. None of those part numbers are coming up on parts.ford.com. What I do find are multiple switches for the explorer that appear to be the correct thing, but have way different prices. There's this one for $33 and this one for $124. I don't really see a difference. And does it really matter if the only thing I want to do is replace the subswitch as Mark did? If I could get this done for $33 that would be amazing.
The cheaper one has the button in the center for front fogs, the more expensive is for rear fogs. They'll both work but you'll have an unused button. Not sure why there's such a disparity between prices. This part is the same as what @markboris and I ordered: M1PZ-11654-AB. It's a slightly newer revision, which is probably why you didn't find the AA version. It's on Tasca for $67.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Or you can do what I did at first and just add your own momentary button which is much cheaper and easier to wire for sure. Funny you bring this up today as I am actually doing this in a few hours for a friend in her very early '21 Mach-E.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Mine was part of a headlight switch assembly for a ‘20 Exploder. I got it for $26.00 from an online auto wrecker. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thank you to Steve, Mark, and Pat. I went ahead and ordered from Tasca. With a part ordered, I’ll add this to my to-do list. Glad our community can be so helpful.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Mine was part of a headlight switch assembly for a ‘20 Exploder. I got it for $26.00 from an online auto wrecker. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Did it have the fog light button in it? I was having a tough time finding an explorer switch without the fog light, but with the hatch button.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Did it have the fog light button in it? I was having a tough time finding an explorer switch without the fog light, but with the hatch button.
Yep, the headlight switch itself has the fog light button. I only used the lift gate switch and transferred it to the MME switch cluster (replacing the Max Defrost switch). 😊🐩

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I did exactly what Steve did. All you need is that hatch switch. You pop the max defrost off the side of the assembly and snap on the hatch switch. The rest of the switch assembly doesn't need to be replaced.

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Yep, the headlight switch itself has the fog light button. I only used the lift gate switch and transferred it to the MME switch cluster (replacing the Max Defrost switch). 😊🐩
I did exactly what Steve did. All you need is that hatch switch. You pop the max defrost off the side of the assembly and snap on the hatch switch. The rest of the switch assembly doesn't need to be replaced.
Cool. I wanted the whole new core to hopefully not have the TSB issue with the headlights staying on. 😅

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Cool. I wanted the whole new core to hopefully not have the TSB issue with the headlights staying on. 😅
Great idea! Oh well.

I haven't had the bug in probably a month now. It's weird how it comes in waves, with it happening multiple times in a week and then going for a month or more with no error.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I was playing with the idea of trying the Exploder headlight switch, but I just left the MME switch in place. I've only been exposed to the bug three times since I bought the car, so I'm not too worried about it. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
I am working on this project now, and for the life of me I cannot find a solid brown wire in that connector. Mine is a 23, can't see any reason why they would change the colors, but I just can't find a brown wire in there. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am working on this project now, and for the life of me I cannot find a solid brown wire in that connector. Mine is a 23, can't see any reason why they would change the colors, but I just can't find a brown wire in there. Any thoughts?
Hi Ken, the brown wire is there. It is buried in the middle of those wires. Strip the cloth insulation around the wires back a few inches so you can really separate the wires. Also the wire does not really look brown. More like a brown purple gray color. It is one of the few that is a solid color wire but there are others.

Kmp14

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Country flag
Hi Ken, the brown wire is there. It is buried in the middle of those wires. Strip the cloth insulation around the wires back a few inches so you can really separate the wires. Also the wire does not really look brown. More like a brown purple gray color. It is one of the few that is a solid color wire but there are others.
Thanks, I'll strip more back and keep trying. Appreciate it!
Sponsored