Advice for purchasing. Finance, Incentive, Rates, etc.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Just got notice that my MME GT has shipped, so now I'm looking into my financing options as well as where I can get the best price for unloading my 2021 Tesla Model Y. Complicating this a bit is not knowing what options Ford has on the pricing, as I keep reading about Options and even cash back incentives.

My window sticker shows the lowered price from when I ordered, but if the exorbitant markup on our test drive model indicates anything ($81k on a $65k MSRP), I'm not dealing with a trustworthy dealership. That said, I want to be armed with every bit of knowledge I can accumulate.

Any advice from those who have gone through this, especially recently, would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
When I ordered, there was at least 1 dealership in my area that had a Dealer Markup (or similar) line item, that I think was either $5 or $10k. It was right on the list with options and delivery fees when you place the order online. If yours didn't have that, I would hope it won't when you pick it up! You should be able to see the original stuff in your Orders & Reservations area.

Ford Options isn't available in my state, so I can't tell you anything on that. I got the interest rate from my order date (10/19/22, 4.74%) for a straight purchase, up to 72 months. USAA, CapOne and Navy Fed couldn't touch the rate.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Get your purchase terms in writing now, if you haven't already done that. Email your salesperson and ask for confirmation of the sale price and your other requirements, whatever they may be. (E.g. no dealer stickers/decals, no add ons before confirming with you such as window tinting, etching, etc)

Prepare a few options for how you'll pay in case you can't agree on an acceptable loan or whatnot at the dealer. For example cash or an outside auto loan from your bank are two good options.

OP
OP
eleven24

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Get your purchase terms in writing now, if you haven't already done that. Email your salesperson and ask for confirmation of the sale price and your other requirements, whatever they may be. (E.g. no dealer stickers/decals, no add ons before confirming with you such as window tinting, etching, etc)

Prepare a few options for how you'll pay in case you can't agree on an acceptable loan or whatnot at the dealer. For example cash or an outside auto loan from your bank are two good options.
I just requested another buyers order. When I placed the order online it had a $7k ADM on it and I called the next day and told them if it's not removed I'm canceling order. They sent me a signed buyer's order at MSRP. Though honestly, they could still not honor it - I mean, it's not like I could do anything to force them to.

I can't wait until Ford does away with the dealership model. Buying my Tesla a few years ago (which I'm now getting rid of) was the holy grail of how car purchases should go. I literally drove to Tesla to pick up the car, all of the paperwork was done online. In and out in 15 min, with 10 of that being me sitting in car setting phone up before leaving.

xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro ss
Country flag