Advice when your dealer has trouble installing 21p22?

DrAchoo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red RWD, St. Batt Mach E
Country flag
I took my 2021 job 2 in for the update today and they spent the "whole day" without success. I have to pick it up because I can't leave it for them to try another day. When I bring it back, can I direct them somehow to give them a head start for next try?

I suspect they haven't done this a ton, but you never know...
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think you need to flog one of the techs so they know you're serious

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Some folks buy the cables off Amazon and take to dealer.

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
There isn’t anything in a Job 2 that should be giving them trouble. What are they saying is the issue? If you could send me your VIN I’m curious what FDRS shows in the history.

I took my 2021 job 2 in for the update today and they spent the "whole day" without success. I have to pick it up because I can't leave it for them to try another day. When I bring it back, can I direct them somehow to give them a head start for next try?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

That update package loads fine for most vehicles but some are stubborn and it won't take. Nobody knows why. Not much you can do except to let the dealer keep trying. It may be successful eventually or it might just keep wasting your time.

Just a roll of the dice unfortunately...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There isn’t anything in a Job 2 that should be giving them trouble. What are they saying is the issue? If you could send me your VIN I’m curious what FDRS shows in the history.
It’s only available for cars built through September, what is the date of OPs car?

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
That's ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as you may think. That is the only way some folks have been able to get the dealers to successfully install updates. Below is one example for your reading pleasure :p

The dealership used my TrendNet adapter and amazonbasics cables. They were apparently doing things wrong the first 3 attempts. (The reason it took so long was because every time they accumulated 5 bad attempts, the VIN would lock out for 5 days. This repeated 3 times with them and I kept bringing it back).
Finally, they figured it out with tech support guiding them.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Not as ridiculous as you may think. That is the only way some folks have been able to get the dealers to successfully install updates. Below is one example for your reading pleasure :p
21P22 is not the Stuck OTA 1.7.1 update. 21P22 applies to 2021 Job 1 cars, a few 2021 Job 2 cars, and is a software calibration update. People were buying cables for the TSB 22-150 fix for cars that could not update to OTA 1.7.1 and beyond.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
21P22 is not the Stuck OTA 1.7.1 update. 21P22 applies to 2021 Job 1 cars, a few 2021 Job 2 cars, and is a software calibration update. People were buying cables for the TSB 22-150 fix for cars that could not update to OTA 1.7.1 and beyond.
Thank you I was about to say the same thing...people are conflating CSP 21P22 with the "stuck APIM due to an OTA problem" that's addressed by FSA 22-2150. They are not the same thing.

It's the 22-2150 stuck APIM that requires the extra cabling, CSP 21P22 addresses primarily the PCM and stuff like the door modules and RFA, etc.

Mike

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
A follow up to the thread after OP sent me their VIN. The dealership made some PTS look ups but never actually connected with FDRS.

May 24 is just another single PTS look up.

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
A follow up to the thread after OP sent me their VIN. The dealership made some PTS look ups but never actually connected with FDRS.

View attachment 66751

May 24 is just another single PTS look up.
Does it actually have the updates pending? I've seen another car with a mid july build date that never showed the updated charging curve updates.