TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I ordered my car online with Ford. First time I have ever ordered a car this way. I ordered on 1/25. Went to local dealership on 1/26, only dealer in town, because the color was wrong. The internet salesman was very responsive and helped me fix my order immediately. I asked about ADM. Response from salesman- ā€œabsolutely not, we donā€™t do that.ā€ I have worked with this dealership before. Iā€™m now worried that I didnā€™t sign anything. I did put down a $1000 deposit when ordering. Iā€™ve only had 2 subsequent email interactions with the dealer. Now Iā€™m second guessing myself. Production date 5/23. Should I go back and get a purchase agreement signed? HFL says Iā€™m worrying for nothingā€¦but Iā€™m worried. I did screenshot my order with pricing. What would you guys do?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
This was a very similar situation to mine. Their order computer wasnā€™t working right the day they called me in to confirm my Internet order.

I started reading this board and got very nervous, and then I found my dealer was charging ADM on stock units. I called the order guy and said, ā€œHey, Iā€™ve been reading about some shady dealers accepting Internet orders and then adding ADM after the order process. I just wanted to make sure nothing like that was going to happen here.ā€

The order guy said, ā€œLet me pull your file. The dealer sheet is your price protection. Oh, wait, you donā€™t have one. Right, the order system was out. Iā€™ll send you one right now; just sign it and send it back.ā€

It came in fine, and I turned it around. I think if you do something similar, you should be fine. I threw in ā€œshadyā€ to imply if they did that, thatā€™s how I was going to consider them too.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered my car online with Ford. First time I have ever ordered a car this way. I ordered on 1/25. Went to local dealership on 1/26, only dealer in town, because the color was wrong. The internet salesman was very responsive and helped me fix my order immediately. I asked about ADM. Response from salesman- ā€œabsolutely not, we donā€™t do that.ā€ I have worked with this dealership before. Iā€™m now worried that I didnā€™t sign anything. I did put down a $1000 deposit when ordering. Iā€™ve only had 2 subsequent email interactions with the dealer. Now Iā€™m second guessing myself. Production date 5/23. Should I go back and get a purchase agreement signed? HFL says Iā€™m worrying for nothingā€¦but Iā€™m worried. I did screenshot my order with pricing. What would you guys do?
I do not think you have anything to worry about. However, to ease your mind contact them and just mention you do not have a copy of your order that includes the price and your deposit. Tell them you would appreciate having a copy. Should be no issue to provide this.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I do not think you have anything to worry about. However, to ease your mind contact them and just mention you do not have a copy of your order that includes the price and your deposit. Tell them you would appreciate having a copy. Should be no issue to provide this.
Thanks, thatā€™s a nice approach. I will do that. I didnā€™t want to sound like they couldnā€™t be trustedšŸ˜‚ I knew you guys would help me.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, thatā€™s a nice approach. I will do that. I didnā€™t want to sound like they couldnā€™t be trustedšŸ˜‚ I knew you guys would help me.
The reality is there are some bad apple dealers and many good. Also many that will add ADM but only to an inventory vehicle and not to a special order.

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
The reality is there are some bad apple dealers and many good. Also many that will add ADM but only to an inventory vehicle and not to a special order.
HFL said the same thing you did, but I ignored him. He just walked away shaking his head.šŸ˜‚Heā€™s used to my crazy.šŸ˜‚

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
It is very comforting to have a signed order form from the dealer listing the price. Mine has down that I have x-Plan and includes a $2000 regional discount. Since the price went up after my 10/1/21 order I feel safe knowing I have something from them that shows we agreed on the price at that time. I donā€™t see a downside in your asking for it, only upside.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Email or drop by and let the salesman know you wanna verify that the price you agreed to when you placed your order is what youā€™ll be paying if he indicates anything different switch it to a different dealer.

Start shopping dealers and send an email to tell Ford to change to a different dealer and that normally gets them in line. Just the threat

Worked for me with my first GT order
My second Premium was a new salesman And he got shifty. So I did some research and moved it to a dealer in another county

Jes sayin

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Email or drop by and let the salesman know you wanna verify that the price you agreed to when you placed your order is what youā€™ll be paying if he indicates anything different switch it to a different dealer.

Start shopping dealers and send an email to tell Ford to change to a different dealer and that normally gets them in line. Just the threat

Worked for me with my first GT order
My second Premium was a new salesman And he got shifty. So I did some research and moved it to a dealer in another county

Jes sayin
I will send an email on Monday.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I had a similar worry TonyaE when the price increase thing became a thing. I sent an email to my saleswoman asking if there was anything I could do or sign to make sure her dealership would get reimbursed for protecting my price from our original order.

Got an email back saying nope, nothing I needed to do, the price we agreed upon back in December was the price I'd pay, minus the discount for the park assist prep kit.

That email back (with a date stamp and her contact info, and the dealership's logo etc.) eased my mind considerably, and I may just have a few copies of it printed out and filed away.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
L
Sign a purchase agreement after you see the vehicle and plan on taking delivery. You have an order agreement that you made on line and have a copy of that. It should have the agreed price. lf you made changes to that thru the dealer, the dealer can provide a copy of that with the agreed price. It should have the msrp, and any plan price, that may apply. If you have a build date, there is a sticker and check that for any add ons. There should not be any.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Iā€™m now worried that I didnā€™t sign anything. ... What would you guys do?
Well, I can tell you what I did. I went to my dealer - visited face to face, because they weren't giving me overly straight answers back by email - and I asked them to sign some sort of price agreement with me. They refused, saying they needed the VIN. I assumed the worst, and after working with them a bit more, I think they needed it mostly because their system isn't organized enough to work it any other way (I was floored when they admitted that they could not pull up my order based on my online "order" number). It was a bit contentious, and I don't like to make waves like that, but at the end of the day this is a large amount of money and we should be comfortable with the proceedings. Don't be afraid to ask; the worst they'll do is say "no."

This forum definitely makes people paranoid. There are some great horror stories on here - I still remember someone's experience where the dealership refused to agree to the price on a purchase agreement, because only the customer had signed it, and there was no signature from the dealership (despite the dealership clearly having printed the thing). But heck if I'm going to be the next one posting some sob story about how I waited 9-12 months for my car only to turn it down because the dealership added outrageous fees on delivery day, or how I sucked it up and paid a few thousand extra just to get the car. I get that the dealerships aren't charities, but I'm not a donor in this arrangement. Ford has really muddied the waters by giving us an expected price online, only to pull the rug out from under us by revealing that the dealer actually sets all of the pricing and the website is pretty meaningless. It's rather misleading and given some of the stories on here, I am surprised there haven't been any lawsuits about bait-and-switch tactics.

Either way, do what you need to do to feel secure and comfortable.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
It sounds silly when I say that I still have two of the same car on order, but this is part of the reason I wonā€™t give one up until the end. The one dealer gave me a copy of the order sheet, but I have no deposit. When I recently asked to verify X plan and price protection they came back with a price that didnā€™t match and now I havenā€™t heard anything since.

The other dealerā€™s manager is a close friend of a friend. I never got anything signed, but ordered online and got X plan agreement in email. When I asked to verify price protection he told me what price he saw and I told him that wasnā€™t right and sent him a screen shot of the online order. He said that works and they will make sure itā€™s right.

Iā€™m going with whoever doesnā€™t try to screw me.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
It sounds silly when I say that I still have two of the same car on order, but this is part of the reason I wonā€™t give one up until the end. The one dealer gave me a copy of the order sheet, but I have no deposit. When I recently asked to verify X plan and price protection they came back with a price that didnā€™t match and now I havenā€™t heard anything since.

The other dealerā€™s manager is a close friend of a friend. I never got anything signed, but ordered online and got X plan agreement in email. When I asked to verify price protection he told me what price he saw and I told him that wasnā€™t right and sent him a screen shot of the online order. He said that works and they will make sure itā€™s right.

Iā€™m going with whoever doesnā€™t try to screw me.
You are doing all the right things - good luck!

OP
OP
TonyaE

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Ok, I emailed internet salesman yesterday. I was firm about what I wanted from him ( out the door price with no add ons or badging) His reply to me was ā€œ I will be in the office tomorrow and will check concepts.ā€ WTH is concepts? I tried to google it and came up empty handed. Any ideas?
@AKgrampy @Reign of Ravens @FLmac @RickMachE or anybody.
Sponsored