First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
  • Banned
Not that I'm a fan of Slate Magazine, but I came across this article advocating for a hard look of the EV tax credit of $7,500 and the 200,000 car cap. The author believes to really expand EV competition, the 200,000 cap should be abolished. This is relevant because readers and contributors to Slate (and other similar media) are likely to share these ideas and heavily influence the Biden Administration. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds. Enjoy.
https://slate.com/technology/2020/12/tax-credit-electric-vehicles-biden.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Not that I'm a fan of Slate Magazine, but I came across this article advocating for a hard look of the EV tax credit of $7,500 and the 200,000 car cap. The author believes to really expand EV competition, the 200,000 cap should be abolished. This is relevant because readers and contributors to Slate (and other similar media) are likely to share these ideas and heavily influence the Biden Administration. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds. Enjoy.
https://slate.com/technology/2020/12/tax-credit-electric-vehicles-biden.html
As @timbop explained in another thread, extending the credits is almost a given. It would have already been implemented -- was in legislation passed by both the Senate and the House -- but was removed when the Trump Administration threatened to veto. It's just a question of how the credits are extended.

Joe Biden is actually dead serious about climate change. It's not lip service or a political stance. And he is knowledgeable about electric charging as well -- he can recount how he helped design a network of electric chargers during the Obama Administration.

Actually I can't think of a better person to get an electric Mustang than Joe Biden!