After 11 months, keep waiting 2021 Mach E Select - Suggestion needed, What to do?

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White RWD Select ordered 3/28, no prod date
Country flag
Best of luck. Let’s keep each other apprised of our progress
Sponsored

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
A week ago, went to Ford dealership; talked to the General Sales Manager -- the information they got was from Feb. 15, 2022 - 5-months-old info; no updates since then. What a weird situation! They said they would contact Ford's Zone Manager to find out more -- no words yet after a week. At the same time, I tried to use Twitter to contact Mike Levine at twitter, or @Ford at Twitter & Facebook, also the verified Ford Rep on this forum; either no response or just repeating the Feb. 15 status via Ford tracking system. Very disappointed and frustrated. Come on Ford, you can do better.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
While ordering online a prem AWD ER red MME back in December 2021 (32 weeks ago), I unexpectedly had to choose a dealer and was advised to contact the particular dealer regarding their deposit return policy. This should have put me off, but I chose the closest one (Autonation Ford Tustin) but while online, called about the deposit policy and was told that I had to come to the dealer with ID. $1500 deposit was 3x what other dealers in the area required. Since then, they respond to my inquiries with "not in our control" and "unknown". Both of which are probably true answers. To my questions about "how many MME backorders" and "what is the rank of my order" I have no response at all. Of the 3 Autonation Ford dealers in LA/OC, this dealer seems to be the one with the lower allocation. I don't know if that's true, but it certainly smells like I stumbled into the "low allocation dealer" pit. When I ordered, Ford was saying 28+ weeks to deliver. I am definitely in the "+" territory at 32 weeks without a build date, not to mention delivery. No useful communication from Ford or the dealer in all those weeks. Comparing my experience with OP's, I haven't even begun the "delivery trek" phase of acquiring an MME. I might be profoundly angry with Ford if I hadn't bought a Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd during my MME waiting. I've decided it's as good/better than the MME and I intend to keep it. I will not cancel the MME order until I determine whether they will honor their price protection and no-ADM promises, even if my order rolls over into 2023MY.
Ford Mustang Mach-E After 11 months, keep waiting 2021 Mach E Select - Suggestion needed, What to do? 1658341011633

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Thank you, Bigfeets, for your sharing; Smart move to order another EV - Ioniq 5 particularly. By any means, it is much better to get a newer MY (2023) vs mine (2021)! After all these dramas in my FIRST Ford vehicle purchase experience; I have to ask Ford -- How do you manage your production and logistics - do you even care of buyers at all.

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the info on Hyundai dealer experience. I will jump to get on the waiting list of KIA EV6 or Hyundai Iioniq 5 ( it is I-5 that I drive every day anyway :) haha) , then wait to see which one comes first (Mach E, EV6 or I-5). Hope the $7500 tax credit shall not be running out for those three :) $7500 makes a difference.
Well, it happened! I’m scheduled to receive my I5 on 8/22. Changed to a Limited edition, but I would have received the next SEL if I had waited. That will be a total of 17 weeks from request to receipt of the car, and that is with limiting my request to one color only. We were given 2 other options to purchase cars, but I passed.

Meanwhile, it will be 17 weeks next Tuesday since I ordered my Select RWD MME, and I still don’t have a production date. Like Bigfeets, I’m going to wait it out and see how things go.

Last edited:

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Wow, I was on the verge of walking away at 5 months, but once it hit the port in NJ I knew it was only a matter of time. An extra month, as it turned out. 6 months form order in December to delivery. No way I'd wait around for a 2021 MY for a year. If the dealer gives you any flack about the deposit, get thee to small claims court pronto.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

klentz09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I ordered one year and 4 days ago. My 2021 ER Premium AWD has been stuck in KC since early May.

Worst customer experience I've ever had.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Congrats on your i-5, Jaklou, so quick! Thumbs up for Hyundai on this, much faster than Ford & seemed to be more organized and better managed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
Ford's production scheduling is so UN-predictable, or What a F**king mess. Just checked the main order tracking thread, some got MME order delivery >600 days, and some lucky buyers got within 60 days!! And mine is approaching ~365 days (a full year) next week.

I went to dealership again, I was told mine order is now "in transit" with "priority", should be arriving within a month. I do not if I should believe it or not... But, what the hell, just let it be.

BTW, I noticed some VIN like " WF0TK1EM1MMA11xxxx" in some reported orders for European Mach E buyers, which Ford factory is that?

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
Hi, I must have been one of those selected "lucky" ones. During the 11 months waiting (waiting still going), like many, I have gone thru emotional roller-coaster: excitement, disappointments, etc.. If you were me, what to do now?

My situation on this 2021 Mache E - Select, RWD:

7/28/2021, (confirmed next day), Ordered online for a 2021 Mach E (select RWD) and put down $1500 deposit; the selected dealership is in OC, California.
10/4/2021: This was the scheduled build-week
11/30/2021 --> 12/30/21 --> 2/15/22 --> 3/31/22 --> ?? Many delays of the ETA, now NO information is given the ETA in Ford's tracking system is still 3/31/22 !!
2/15/2022: Status show "Vehicle build completed" per Ford tracking info.

2/20/2022: Worrying about the Dealer Mark-Up, I requested local dealer ( my assigned sales person) to write me an email on No mark-up. And he did write me an email, saying the purchase will use MSRP + tax, title and fees etc, no mark-up.

3/15/22 --till NOW, the vehicle has been stuck at Kansas city since then, the status was something like "Delay, factory hold, Richards-gebaur,MO. " The last rail car information the Ford Chat rep. told me was " Railcar # AOK 501864 (Kansas City Southern Railway Co ).

6/29/2022: RECALL ! By chatting with Ford rep, " the vehicle is effected by, 22S41 MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING. " However she gave me a new ETA.

7/20-29/2022: NEW ETA given by Ford Chat person.

My questions/concerns:
1. Anyway to track shipping info., with rail car # etc. -- Ford's chatting customer service seemed to be not getting much help to me.

2. How much difference is the 2021 MME vs 2022? It seems to be, when I get the 2021 MY MME, the 2023 is coming out : I will have a 2-yr-old "new" car. Keep it or not?

3. Dealer mark-up concerns, particular after reading the $15K Mark-up story from the link below.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/15000-mark-up-help.19056/page-6

4. I saw tracking thread that some of the buyers put in their orders much later than I did, they have received cars already..

Anyway... thanks for reading; please share your thought and experience.
If they are indeed selling you a ‘21MY, you should ask Ford to discount it by the standard depreciation schedule for automobiles: 20% for the first year.

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
I would love to see that discount... but these days, I am not sure if there are any successful cases on 20% or whatever % discount on MY 2021 vs 2022.

1stMach-E

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tustin AutoNation Ford --- I do not think they did anything, other than checking on computer and get the information to me when I ask.

While waiting for so long... and there is still chance not getting the car at MSRP ! How frustrating this is!

Wow, that is terrible. I am in OC CA and ordered 2022 Select AWD in Nov., build date was late February, was in KC in mid March, and I got delivery 4/15

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that is terrible. I am in OC CA and ordered 2022 Select AWD in Nov., build date was late February, was in KC in mid March, and I got delivery 4/15
Wow. I’m in OC as well. Ordered a Select RWD in March, and still don’t have a production date.

Don’t know if I’m just lucky or Ford production has slowed down

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I'm in oc too. Ordered in October delivered in may. I picked up an ioniq 5 in between. Glad I did. It's a better a car for me.
Sponsored