After 11 months, keep waiting 2021 Mach E Select - Suggestion needed, What to do?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford's production scheduling is so UN-predictable, or What a F**king mess. Just checked the main order tracking thread, some got MME order delivery >600 days, and some lucky buyers got within 60 days!! And mine is approaching ~365 days (a full year) next week.

I went to dealership again, I was told mine order is now "in transit" with "priority", should be arriving within a month. I do not if I should believe it or not... But, what the hell, just let it be.

BTW, I noticed some VIN like " WF0TK1EM1MMA11xxxx" in some reported orders for European Mach E buyers, which Ford factory is that?
I believe "WFO" is VIN code for Ford Germany. However, location of manufacturing plantis just before the MME serial "A11xxx". Cuautitlan Assembly Plant, the only plant currently making MME for US, Canada, Europe, and Mexico, is code M, so "MM" reads: 2021 model made in Mexico. Don't know about the "K1EM". K1 is Select model but EM is different. Lots of 2021 MME were sent to Norway because of the incentives then existing. Let us know if you see one of those VINs.
Ford Mustang Mach-E After 11 months, keep waiting 2021 Mach E Select - Suggestion needed, What to do? 1658771886641
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Transport of your vehicle from KC to SoCal will be via rail, and likely via UP, though it should be trackable via BNSFs phone tracking tool.

My car sat in KC for nigh on 1 month before being moved ~15 miles south to the Argentine ramp where it was loaded and on its way west within a few days. I suspect they drove my car from the KCS yard to the Argentine ramp, rather than load it on a transport, as it never did show in the JCT tool, and the odometer was ~17 miles when I took delivery.

The key for this movement was the change in VVR of the ramp while in KC. From there I got the new railcar number from the VVR and could track the movement west using the BNSF phone tool. It took about a week to make it to NorCal, and upon arrival, it was delivered to the dealership a few days later. This last bit is not trackable.

I can't speak to the ADM risk. I was fortunate, I ignorantly ordered the car without knowing of the unscrupulous dealers out there who add ADM, but when I asked the fleet sales rep who handled special orders, he promised they would honor the website price, and they did. That being said, I now would use a different dealer in the area (Walnut Creek Ford). According to the new dealer, it is possible to have Ford reassign orders, but I think at the point where the delivery destination/Window sticker is set, it's too late. I rashly canceled my Lightning order in Dec. after dealing with my MME purchase through Livermore Ford, not knowing about this option.

The 2023 order book won't open until Aug. and then the clock will start all over. Others will have to speak to the detailed differences, but in my brief observation of threads on this forum, due to the availability of parts, chips, etc. your MY-21 will have more features and cost less than a new 2023, so depending on whether your in this for yourself or to be a broker as some are doing, I think the bird in the hand is the better strategy here. Also, with the 2023 model, you run the risk of not getting the full benefit of the federal tax credit ($7500).
I am ignorantly hoping that Future Ford of Concord (CA) does not try to add ADM to the price (October (hopfully)) on the order email they sent me back in February.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
A week ago, went to Ford dealership; talked to the General Sales Manager -- the information they got was from Feb. 15, 2022 - 5-months-old info; no updates since then. What a weird situation! They said they would contact Ford's Zone Manager to find out more -- no words yet after a week. At the same time, I tried to use Twitter to contact Mike Levine at twitter, or @Ford at Twitter & Facebook, also the verified Ford Rep on this forum; either no response or just repeating the Feb. 15 status via Ford tracking system. Very disappointed and frustrated. Come on Ford, you can do better.
Stay strong! I was getting crickets (Feb 11 2022) so I sent an email to the Gen Mgr. In a matter of days I got a build date. I think you are close.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe "WFO" is VIN code for Ford Germany. However, location of manufacturing plantis just before the MME serial "A11xxx". Cuautitlan Assembly Plant, the only plant currently making MME for US, Canada, Europe, and Mexico, is code M, so "MM" reads: 2021 model made in Mexico. Don't know about the "K1EM". K1 is Select model but EM is different. Lots of 2021 MME were sent to Norway because of the incentives then existing. Let us know if you see one of those VINs.
1658771886641.gif
"Priority" "Within A Month"
Ford's production scheduling is so UN-predictable, or What a F**king mess. Just checked the main order tracking thread, some got MME order delivery >600 days, and some lucky buyers got within 60 days!! And mine is approaching ~365 days (a full year) next week.

I went to dealership again, I was told mine order is now "in transit" with "priority", should be arriving within a month. I do not if I should believe it or not... But, what the hell, just let it be.
"Priority" ≠ "Within A Month"

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
I would love to see that discount... but these days, I am not sure if there are any successful cases on 20% or whatever % discount on MY 2021 vs 2022.
You need to ask for it! If they can’t do that, ask what they can do. If they have no ideas, tell them they can buy down the points on your loan to bring it down to 2021 interest rates.

It’s bad enough that you have waited so long. But to add insult to injury, they’re selling you a ‘21MY?

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MDX Tech+SHAWD, 2017 GLE550e, 2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
It is 8/9/22 TODAY, Ford's ETA of July 2022 Failed. , New date is now 8/22-8/29/22. Will see.. This new date maybe just an automatic pushback by 1 month :) LOL.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
It is 8/9/22 TODAY, Ford's ETA of July 2022 Failed. , New date is now 8/22-8/29/22. Will see.. This new date maybe just an automatic pushback by 1 month :) LOL.
They lost it and finding/building a replacement

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White RWD Select ordered 3/28, no prod date
Country flag
They lost it and finding/building a replacement
weird. My Hyundai dealer is basically saying something similar…they gave me the vin and said it delivery was imminent, and now are saying the shipping company shows it as delivered but they can’t find it! Now I’ll lose the tax credit

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
How could this happen -- it is a 4000+ lb vehicle. :eek:

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How could this happen -- it is a 4000+ lb vehicle. :eek:
Good question. I actually wonder if it made it’s way into someone else’s hands…I guess I’ll know relatively soon

OP
OP
yazoo888

yazoo888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engine..Engineer,
Country flag
I guess things happen; but let's see how differently or similarly Ford vs Hyundai handle this kind of issues for their customers.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
I hope it doesnt magically appear at the dealer for 2+ weeks and now considered abandoned and they can sell it with markup

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess things happen; but let's see how differently or similarly Ford vs Hyundai handle this kind of issues for their customers.
I actually received a call from Hyundai yesterday that the car was delivered! Talk about good timing! We signed the docs and secured the $7500 tax credit before Biden signs this week, as well as the state credit of $750 which goes away 9/1.

It’s a really, really smooth ride, especially with the credits. What a surprise and relief
Sponsored