Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
A year ago I would agree with you. But at this point, there should be no excuse for ANY dealers to not be aware of Ford Options or be kept up to date on the current incentives.
I would have agreed with you before I picked up my car in late November, figuring that with that much time having passed since first MME delivery. I was the first Ford Options financing through my dealership (they had already sold several GTs and Premiums). Sure, they only took a few minutes on the phone to figure it out, but if a dealer in the Bay Area hasnā€™t done the Options financing by very nearly the end of the year, whatā€™s that say for other dealers? Best to make sure they understand you want to use Options financing and get familiar with it early. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would have agreed with you before I picked up my car in late November, figuring that with that much time having passed since first MME delivery. I was the first Ford Options financing through my dealership (they had already sold several GTs and Premiums). Sure, they only took a few minutes on the phone to figure it out, but if a dealer in the Bay Area hasnā€™t done the Options financing by very nearly the end of the year, whatā€™s that say for other dealers? Best to make sure they understand you want to use Options financing and get familiar with it early. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©
Bay Area? Everyone there has F-U money so they don't need to do Options ;) Kidding aside. I expect the dealers to be informed enough to at least 'know' about it. Sure, the detail steps involved is only learned through experience of completing a actual sale using Ford Options. As a buyer, I expect them to know NOTHING and be prepared to educate them instead. I was arguing that they 'should' know about it and not necessarily that they all do.

Guess what erks me is the push back when you try to correct them on the mistakes and just say "NO" without bothering to look it up.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
One of the OTA updates, 1.7.1 or 2.3 I believe fixed most of the issues I was having with PAAK as an iPhone user. Rarely do I have an issue now, and moving the phone to my right pocket seems to have corrected the rare issue with starting the car.

Congrats on the new GT!

I'm theorizing here, but do you have an iPhone? I'm an iPhone user and have lots of issues with PAAK with my Tesla. I suspect it has to do with iPhone's proximity sensor shutting it down when it's in a pocket. I almost always need to take mine out before my Tesla recognizes it.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
This thing is so fast!
Is this thing like Tesla fast or like Mach E GT 5 second fast? šŸ¤£ Sorry, I couldn't resist, congratulations on your new ride!

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GTPE
Country flag
Congratulations! Nice to have another MME in Atlanta. I asked for Ford Options. Not sure what they would have done if I didn't. It came with the rate and incentive in place when i ordered on Sep.

I've had mine for a week and love it. Paak is sometimes slow to recognize me if the car is asleep but I've had no other problems.

I found that Blue Cruise works well even in the 285/400 construction zone. It is a little scary but impressive.

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
I'm definitely excited to try out Blue Cruise today!
Sponsored