Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had Blue Cruise update done by my dealer last week and since then lane centering/ following will not engage on non-blue cruise roads. It worked fine before the update.
Sponsored

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I was told by Ford they found the issue, but they have not updated me yet as to when I can take it back in to have it fixed. I even got the 2.8.2 and 2.8.3 OTAs after the dealer updates, and lane centering still does not work. Of course no BC either.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
May dealers shop tech is starting a RO with Ford on the problems so they will get back to us when a fix is available.

Madeulook

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Ever get a solution, my car was just updated at the dealership this weekend neither adaptive cruise or blue cruise worksā€¦so frustrating.

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
Had Blue Cruise update done by my dealer last week and since then lane centering/ following will not engage on non-blue cruise roads. It worked fine before the update.
I had a job 1 premium then traded for a GTPE. The premium did not have BC but would lane center on pretty much any road. The GT came with BC (hands free) but will not lane center (hands on) on at least half of the road that would lane center with the Premium without BC.

So I don't think this is a new issue. I can still lane center (hands on) on some non-BC roads with the GT but not nearly as many.

I know some use different terms so lane center to me is not hands free, you have to keep your hand and wiggle the steering wheel. Hands free is lane centering without having to ever touch the wheel. Ford confused everyone when they now say that BC is active but sometimes that just means hands on lane centering and other time hands free lane centering.

Madeulook

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
FYIā€¦.after relentless pursuit for the last 6 weeks, and 2 visits to the dealer, my car finally works again with Blue cruise and adaptive cruise. It required them to delete and reinstall the software, all of the software. So I had a complete reboot, re-add all settings, attach phone to key again, etc, but it appears to have fixed the problem.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Mach-e has been at the dealer for 5 days for a redox of the bc debacle. It has been escalated to Ford Engineering and ā€œtheyā€™re working on itā€. The service team here is just as frustrated as I am. They think the 2nd batch of software was just as badly corrupt as the first.
maybe next week!

Madeulook

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Mine was also escalated to ford engineering for weeks. They didnā€™t seem to come up with any solutions. The dealership then asked me to meet very knowledgeable salesperson, who shockingingly knew more than the technicians in the service dept and 1 day later, my car works. ā€œMaster resetā€ is what it was called. Good luck!

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Mine was also escalated to ford engineering for weeks. They didnā€™t seem to come up with any solutions. The dealership then asked me to meet very knowledgeable salesperson, who shockingingly knew more than the technicians in the service dept and 1 day later, my car works. ā€œMaster resetā€ is what it was called. Good luck!
I am about to try a Master Reset. This was done by the dealer as part of the BC update back in May, a horrendous 9 day process with many Ford server crashes.

Since then, not only does BC not work, a number of other things stopped working, like charge notifications, charge and driving logs, and the car thinks I still have an open recall (it was successfully updated OTA). I was on the phone for hours with Ford this week, and they "got back to me" with nonsense advice to have the dealer perform SSM 51012 (which has to do with the EV battery) as a cure for lack of BC. Lane centering works fine for me on both Blue zone highways and streets around here. BC maps are not expired, all settings verified.

Otherwise, I suspect a Ford server-side problem. Activation of BC was problematic but they claimed they got it fixed.

@Ford Motor Company in case anyone cares to help. I don't need more useless "escalation" cases.

OP
OP

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am in my 3rd week of my Mach-e AWD ER Premium being in the shop. It went in for a fix of the BC update failure and the off lane following adaptive cruise. They tried BCM and IPC updates which failed. Ford engineering got involved and finally sent a rep out. Today I was told I needed a replacement High Voltage Battery Junction box. Maybe in 3 days it will arrive and they can start the reprogramming again. I am very depressed about this. Should have never asked for the BC update. It was a great car before. If I could get a matching replacement I would take it. 2022/2023 wonā€™t be the same car anymore.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I understand your frustrations, Iā€™ve been in the same boat. Seems like each time I take it in something else stops working yet no cure for the previous reason it went to the shop. The Ford rep may be doing you a favor preemptively replacing your HVBJB before it goes down.
As I have not seen an OTA update in quite some time this ā€œmaster resetā€ may be a cure all, at least an opportunity to start from scratch.

Now that I have the PPF reinstalled after the last shop visit damage, and the HOV stickers replaced, I really donā€™t look forward to taking it back in.

I am in my 3rd week of my Mach-e AWD ER Premium being in the shop. It went in for a fix of the BC update failure and the off lane following adaptive cruise. They tried BCM and IPC updates which failed. Ford engineering got involved and finally sent a rep out. Today I was told I needed a replacement High Voltage Battery Junction box. Maybe in 3 days it will arrive and they can start the reprogramming again. I am very depressed about this. Should have never asked for the BC update. It was a great car before. If I could get a matching replacement I would take it. 2022/2023 wonā€™t be the same car anymore.
Sponsored