After purchasing my new Mach E premium from the dealership they wont let me take the car home.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Your car, that you paid for fully, is your private property. The dealer has absolutely no right to keep it against your will.
Actually with a safety recall, the dealer has absolutely no legal right to complete delivery and let the vehicle leave until the safety recall is fixed.
Sponsored

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
right now it’s a 4.44 (our original car was 2.99) It’s a Premium extended range RWD. Ordered in February as a replacement for my 21 in a buyback. (What is this Ford Options Rebate that you speak of?)
4.44% is higher than Ford Options, in Feb, Ford's rate was 2.49% + $1000/$2500 cashback depending on state. Not all states have this financing plan. It's a loan not a lease so you'll still get up to $7500 tax credit. Tell the finance person you want to buy it using Ford Options and to use the rate when the car was ordered. They'll look up the rate and rebate using their Smart Vincent system. This will save you a lot of money.

ElectricSally813

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E-X Premium Shadow Black
Country flag
*paperwork has been done on my new car and financing has been completed* 
 I just can’t take delivery of it yet. Yes, they had notifications going off on the recall. They have been told that it won’t be fixable until August. 😒 Either way, we are driving away with my original car for the meantime.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
 I just can’t take delivery of it yet. Yes, they had notifications going off on the recall. They have been told that it won’t be fixable until August. 😒 Either way, we are driving away with my original car for the meantime.
I think you still have time today to change it to Ford Options at 2.49% and $1000 rebate (for AL at time of order). This is my guess for AL, if someone in AL used Ford Options, they could tell you the exact rate and rebate prior to April 2022.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
After completing the purchase of my 22 MME preminm the dealer informed me that I could not take the car home. Ford just issued a recall that involves the HV battery contactors that force the dealer to not release the car until the recall is completed. So after waiting 36 weeks for the car I now have to wait for this issue to be resolved. Bummer.
If the paperwork was done and the plates were on it, they would of had to wrestle me for the fob.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
This is probably better than buying the car then having it die on you in the middle of a 6 lane interstate
I have had the Stop Safely Now issue, trust me, you really really don't want that now that summer is coming and you being stuck on the side of the road.

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
So basically you’re paying them to store it on their lot.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So who pays for insurance then? I would get that in writing since you haven't taken delivery yet.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Is that contract enforceable? Seems odd you could sign a contract saying they’re selling you the car but the recall specifically says they can’t sell cars, not just don’t give them to the customer. It would seem if they actually sent the paperwork to Ford saying the car was sold, they’d tell them they’re about to get fined. Hopefully OP digs in further and gets it voided. You’d be out of your mind to be making payments on a car you never even drove.
Whatever works out best for you, but unless you drove that vehicle off their lot, you have not received consideration. Basic tenants of contract law I certainly wouldn't be insuring it and then starting payments for vehicle they didn't deliver. Unless I have some rebates or EV credits, something that would be going away if you aren't the legal owner.

zgruven

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After completing the purchase of my 22 MME preminm the dealer informed me that I could not take the car home. Ford just issued a recall that involves the HV battery contactors that force the dealer to not release the car until the recall is completed. So after waiting 36 weeks for the car I now have to wait for this issue to be resolved. Bummer.
You are lucky if you have only been waiting 36 weeks! I have been waiting 11.5 months and can’t get my car!

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
At what point did they tell you that you could not take the car with you; before or after you handed them money? Did you suggest not paying until you could take the car? did they tell you if you did not buy it they would move on to another customer? Sorry that it was a disappointing day.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I don’t know if it was this post but what’s the benefit of doing the paperwork if you can’t take the car? What do you drive in the meantime? Who cover insurance? what if you’re trading in a car?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I don’t know if it was this post but what’s the benefit of doing the paperwork if you can’t take the car? What do you drive in the meantime? Who cover insurance? what if you’re trading in a car?
Number one advantage is not losing your place in line and having to reorder and wait... it's still difficult to find exactly what you want on a lot anywhere...
Sponsored