First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hello All! First time, long time! ;)

I will be receiving my '21 Mach-E Premium, Shadow Black, in the next 2-3 weeks. In my excitement I have been looking into all kinds of ways to customize. Aftermarket rims (I know, a potential range hit), Matte Black racing stripes, tint, etc... Really loving making cars my own.

I had looked at a few threads where people had put 20-22 inch rims on their Mach-E but they didn't appear to be in "snowy" weather regions. So I was curious to know if anyone in the Rockies/Midwest had any experience with larger Rims + Snow. I'm in the Denver metro area if it helps. Typically using the car for commuting and weekend close to home fun. Not a big weekend skier/snowboarder, but my wife certainly likes to go up once or twice a season.

Debating between:
1. Putting snow tires on the stock wheels and just swapping the aftermarket and stock each season.
2. Putting all season tires on the aftermarket year round.

Aftermarket Wheel for Reference:
Wheel: Lexani Wraith Black Gloss, 22 x 9
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.25 / 108
Tire: Yokohama Parada's
Tire Size: 255/35/22
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Ron, I too am in the Denver area. There is a GT PE on its way to me now. To make it through the winter, I ordered wheels and snow tires from Tire Rack . The wheels I ordered are these:
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...Mustang+Mach-E+AWD&autoYear=2021&autoModClar=

And the tires are these:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Wintrac+Pro

The tires in the 245/45/20 size are now listed as not available, but the order from 2 weeks ago got billed to my cc yesterday, so I am hoping that they managed to get r.

I'll stick with the summer tires and wheels stored in the basement for the winter. We do the same for my wife's Audi Q5 but with Blizzaks.

OP
OP
TeddySquared

TeddySquared

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks Eric!

Seems like the better idea is to do the weather swaps. I appreciate the links to your setup as well. Hope they still come! My wife also swears by her Blizzaks on her Mazda CX-9, so i'll be looking at those too lol.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Glad your car is almost here - mine was worth the wait! As for wheels, I actually went down a size for my winter wheels, and bought some refurbished 18x7.5" wheels from a Jaguar F-Pace, which are the same bolt pattern, center bore and very close offset. I put Vredstein Wintrac Pros on (same as EElineman) in 235/60-R18, which makes them slightly larger than stock.

If you don't do a lot of quasi-off-road winter driving and you are definitely going with an aftermarket summer wheel then using the 19" stock wheels as your winter wheels isn't a bad option. You can probably sell your stock tires with low miles (though you won't get a whole lot).

The 22" wheels you link to will probably fit, but going that wide you need to be a bit careful about the offset - I'd be nervous about an offset over 42mm or so, it will start to get pretty close to the suspension after that. Something like 35-40 sounds better, though some of the folks in the wheel forum might have more experience with the very large wheel sizes.

Several of us have used SJTire for our installs in the Denver/Boulder area - small mobile shop, they come to you, but the pricing was reasonable, they did a great job, and were very professional (on time, good communication, etc.).
Sponsored