Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
So what do you guys think of this wheel? Tire Rack is finally showing a real filter for wheels that fit the Mach-E. These look nice and price is pretty reasonable. They are 20” with a 45 offset. Only strange thing is that Tire Rack is only showing me tire options for these wheels that are 235/45/20. I would prefer 245/45/20.
85F06EA9-15BC-4F5D-9B61-5C045569EBF9.png

535374F2-97C5-435B-B07D-3F9B7C004494.png

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Those are nice looking wheels IMHO, and the 45 mm offset will stick out into the wheel well a little more than the factory wheels but not much. It should be a good look. The 245/45/20 would be a better match to the factory 19" than the 235/45/20

Screenshot_20210418-090950.png

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
If Chip Foose made a set of wheels I’d buy them for without hesitation.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finally got around to taking a few photos of my car today. I wanted to wait until I installed the fender mouldings that I had painted Infinite Blue. I originally had Michelin Latitude Sport 3 tires but was not all that happy with them. Steering was a little vague and they were louder than I expected. I was able to get the Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires in the sizes I wanted and I am very happy with them. Much quieter tire and the steering is now crisp. Both tires handle the corners very well.

I had mentioned the wheel and tires sizes in an earlier post but here they are again. Wheels, Signature SV706's 20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear. Tires, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV's 255/45/20 front, 295/40/20 rear.

NZ7_54091900.jpg

NZ7_54101900.jpg

NZ7_54121900.jpg

NZ7_54151900.jpg

NZ7_54161900.jpg

NZ7_54341900.jpg

NZ7_54331900.jpg

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Very nice. Curious what you are seeing in loss in range with the larger tires.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Very nice. Curious what you are seeing in loss in range with the larger tires.
Here's the thing, I have no idea what I would have gotten with the OEM wheels and tires as I replaced them when the car had about 250-300 miles. The only time it was fully charged was at the dealer before I took delivery. My driving mainly consists of 50% around town and 50% highway. I generally see anywhere from 255 to 275 miles when I fully charge the car. I just charged the car last night as I am leaving for Sacramento this morning to visit friends. This will be the first time I will be mostly driving on the highway and I will have to charge the car tonight when I return home as this will be about a 240 mile round trip.

I will post tomorrow morning what my range will be after fully charging tonight. I just took this photo after charging last night and it is the typical range I am seeing. As a side note, it has been in the 80's here the last 10 days or so and have been using the A/C quite a bit.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod IMG_4470

Last edited:

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
@markboris, I've been talking to Terrance about a set of wheels, but I have to ask, what is the OD of your center caps. I don't want to use the aftermarket ones that would come with the wheels.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris, I've been talking to Terrance about a set of wheels, but I have to ask, what is the OD of your center caps. I don't want to use the aftermarket ones that would come with the wheels.
They are just over 2 1/2" or 66mm. I buy these gloss black caps and cut off the clips on the back so the cap is completely flat then I silicone them in place from behind. They are easy to remove when you have to take them off. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164601696649

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are just over 2 1/2" or 66mm. I buy these gloss black caps and cut off the clips on the back so the cap is completely flat then I silicone them in place from behind. They are easy to remove when you have to take them off. https://www.ebay.com/itm/164601696649
Thanks for sharing. As far as you know, are the center bores on the Signature wheels consistent across the line? I know I could ask Terrance, but maybe you know already.

I already picked a wheel, but he made a color suggestion and now I'm trying to figure out what I should do. My initial plan was gloss black. He thinks this one would make the CG pop. It may limit me to the Signature center caps, however.

First world problems. :cool:

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. As far as you know, are the center bores on the Signature wheels consistent across the line? I know I could ask Terrance, but maybe you know already.

I already picked a wheel, but he made a color suggestion and now I'm trying to figure out what I should do. My initial plan was gloss black. He thinks this one would make the CG pop. It may limit me to the Signature center caps, however.

First world problems. :cool:
All the Signature Wheels I have purchased have the same size OUTER center bore with the same Signature caps. The inner bore is custom sized for the hub of the car it is designed for. For instance the Mach-E has 63.4mm hubs.

I see what you are saying about the center caps and the color. Ford also has gray and silver center caps but none will match that Signature color that Terrance was recommending. I would go with what you want to go with. I have seen some awesome wheel colors on cars he has done but I am more of a simple/plain/OEM look kind of guy. I like my wheels to look like they could be optional OEM wheels.

When I was at the local Ford dealer the other day having the second key fob programed, the general manager came out and wanted to take photos of my wheels and the car. He said they looked like wheels that Ford should have offered and decent sized tires and he was sending the photos to Ford. Like that will do any good. He was familiar with Signature Wheels and I told him Terrance also had an in with Ford Performance and they have ordered wheels from him for their track cars.

Last edited:

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All the Signature Wheels I have purchased have the same size OUTER center bore with the same Signature caps. The inner bore is custom sized for the hub of the car it is designed for. For instance the Mach-E has 63.4mm hubs.

I see what you are saying about the center caps and the color. Ford also has gray and silver center caps but none will match that Signature color that Terrance was recommending. I would go with what you want to go with. I have seen some awesome wheel colors on cars he has done but I am more of a simple/plain/OEM look kind of guy. I like my wheels to look like they could be optional OEM wheels.
Thanks for your thoughts, Mark. I'm actually starting to lean toward the lighter color instead of the gloss black. I love the way yours looks, and I think it totally works with IB and see what you're saying about the OEM look, but I think that Terrance is right about the lighter color bringing out the color of the car more. If I go dark, the whole bottom side of the car kind of disappears with all the gloss black trim. I called him up last night after he sent me some other photos, and he picked up as he was getting off a plane in Ohio. We talked for maybe 10 minutes about the design and I agreed to narrow the colors down to the one he shared with me and gunmetal. I just need to see them side by side to decide what to do.

He's very passionate about the business and I appreciate the consultative approach he has. I know some people are fine with just making a choice based on what they see in a catalog on TireRack, and that's cool, but there's something nice about knowing I'm putting wheels on this car that were made specifically for it, not boxed up to be on just anything.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for your thoughts, Mark. I'm actually starting to lean toward the lighter color instead of the gloss black. I love the way yours looks, and I think it totally works with IB and see what you're saying about the OEM look, but I think that Terrance is right about the lighter color bringing out the color of the car more. If I go dark, the whole bottom side of the car kind of disappears with all the gloss black trim. I called him up last night after he sent me some other photos, and he picked up as he was getting off a plane in Ohio. We talked for maybe 10 minutes about the design and I agreed to narrow the colors down to the one he shared with me and gunmetal. I just need to see them side by side to decide what to do.

He's very passionate about the business and I appreciate the consultative approach he has. I know some people are fine with just making a choice based on what they see in a catalog on TireRack, and that's cool, but there's something nice about knowing I'm putting wheels on this car that were made specifically for it, not boxed up to be on just anything.
I can see that the lighter colored wheels would look cool on your car. I only went with lighter wheels one time and it was on my Ingot Silver Escape and they looked really good.

Yes Terrance is amazing to work with and very personable. I cannot wait to see how your car turns out.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some members have bee wanting to know what range at 100% charge I am getting with the larger wheels and tires.

As promised yesterday, here's what I got charging the car overnight after driving 246 miles round trip to a friends yesterday. Most of the driving was freeway at 70+ speeds. Heat was on in the morning and A/C in the afternoon. I use Unbridled mode and no one pedal drive. Temp outside was 46˚ in the morning driving there and 84˚ in the afternoon driving back. Car shows 260 mile range at 100% which is 3 miles less than yesterdays 100% charge range before I left.

I am not up on all of this range stuff as I don't really care what I get but I am thinking driving mainly freeway does not get me as much range as driving around town because when I fully charge the car after driving it mainly around town, I can get a range in the upper 270's on a 100% charge.

I will post another range photo after driving mostly around town showing I can get 270+ miles on a 100% charge. Not sure what this all means or says about the wheel/tire combo since I never had time to test the OEM combo but I am happy with the range I am getting.

IMG_4480.jpeg

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I took a few photos today on my driveway just before it started to rain. The sun tends to wash out the color on both of these cars so I grabbed some shots when it's cloudy.

NZ7_54371900.jpg

NZ7_54451900.jpg

NZ7_54481900.jpg

NZ7_54531900.jpg

NZ7_54561900.jpg

NZ7_54571900.jpg