Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is gorgeous! By far my favorite I've seen with aftermarket wheels so far. May I ask and sorry if it's been said (I couldn't find it) How far off is your Speedometer compared to gps speed going 70+mph? I imagine it must be a little off given the new diameters are slightly larger than stock
Thanks Josh and somewhere back in one of my posts I had mentioned that with my tires being 1/4" taller in front and 1/2" tall in the rear compared to the OEM tires, I should have anywhere between .5 - 1.2 mph lower reading. I had a friend in the car taking screen shots of the speedo app on my phone. I had the cruise control hold the car at 60 mph and 70 mph on as level of a road I could. At 60 mph my phone app read 59.7 mph and at 70 the app read 69.6. I have no idea what it read with the OEM wheels and tires as I never took a reading however I have read that the Mach-E has been tested anywhere between 1 mph too slow to 1 mph too fast.

This is a question I have had too - if you change the wheels and tires on your vehicle, how do you re-calibrate/adjust the speedometer so it is accurate again?
Todd, with the speedo reading less than .5 mph off, I do not plan on having it recalibrated.

IMG_4501D.jpg

IMG_4505D.jpg

jbotelho15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Thanks Josh and somewhere back in one of my posts I had mentioned that with my tires being 1/4" taller in front and 1/2" tall in the rear compared to the OEM tires, I should have anywhere between .5 - 1.2 mph lower reading. I had a friend in the car taking screen shots of the speedo app on my phone. I had the cruise control hold the car at 60 mph and 70 mph on as level of a road I could. At 60 mph my phone app read 59.7 mph and at 70 the app read 69.6. I have no idea what it read with the OEM wheels and tires as I never took a reading however I have read that the Mach-E has been tested anywhere between 1 mph too slow to 1 mph too fast.

Todd, with the speedo reading less than .5 mph off, I do not plan on having it recalibrated.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod IMG_4505D

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod IMG_4505D
I would imagine it is possible that you did this before the last update because that's when it was off stock and now it's spot on. The way I personally checked this is connect Android Auto or Car Play and with google maps or Waze on the center screen it should display your current speed once you set cruise control to 70 or whatever and just compare your speedo to the center screen

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would imagine it is possible that you did this before the last update because that's when it was off stock and now it's spot on. The way I personally checked this is connect Android Auto or Car Play and with google maps or Waze on the center screen it should display your current speed once you set cruise control to 70 or whatever and just compare your speedo to the center screen
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “doing this before the last update”. These were taken this morning on the way to the airport. I’ll be in Denver until Monday and when I return I’ll try the method you mentioned above and see what I get.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Speedometer affecting range calculations is very important on this vehicle.

Speedometer affecting legal considerations and speeding tickets is very important for my vehicles.

;)
Let me introduce you to a Uniden R3. Bought it for my Jeep back when I first got it, and man this thing has paid for itself 20x over at least. I've had ~3 tickets, each one costing ~$250 up to $350 at the highest. The price of one of these is less than most speeding tickets. All of those tickets were with a lawyer by the way. (Company plan where you pay like $20 a month for legal services)

jbotelho15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “doing this before the last update”. These were taken this morning on the way to the airport. I’ll be in Denver until Monday and when I return I’ll try the method you mentioned above and see what I get.
There was an update recently that seemed to have corrected the speedometer error but I didn't realize that you took this today. I would definetely try that method that I mentioned though

Last edited:

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Let me introduce you to a Uniden R3. Bought it for my Jeep back when I first got it, and man this thing has paid for itself 20x over at least. I've had ~3 tickets, each one costing ~$250 up to $350 at the highest. The price of one of these is less than most speeding tickets. All of those tickets were with a lawyer by the way. (Company plan where you pay like $20 a month for legal services)
Yeah, detectors used to be the way to go all right. But now with 'frickin lasers', they aren't much help.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod 1619723110356

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Those Ferrada's look hella fine on the MME. If I'm not mistaken those tires go for $500-$600 each.

I'm more curious about the tires he put on, that'll affect the car's range much more than just changing the total diameter/width.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad to see more and more owners of Mach-E's getting new wheels and tires. Really changes the look of the car. Anyone making these changes has to expect a loss in range but it depends on several factors. The total weight of the new set of wheels and tires (more or less than OEM), size of tires (wider), type of tires (more or less rolling resistance), etc. I gladly gave up some range to get a better looking, driving and handling car.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Glad to see more and more owners of Mach-E's getting new wheels and tires. Really changes the look of the car. Anyone making these changes has to expect a loss in range but it depends on several factors. The total weight of the new set of wheels and tires (more or less than OEM), size of tires (wider), type of tires (more or less rolling resistance), etc. I gladly gave up some range to get a better looking, driving and handling car.
Exactly, and if the wheels you're getting are lighter than the OEM, then maybe you can offset some of the loss due to the wider tires.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly, and if the wheels you're getting are lighter than the OEM, then maybe you can offset some of the loss due to the wider tires.
In a much earlier post here I mentioned that the wheels I got were about 8 lbs. lighter each but the tires were heavier giving me a total of around 15 lbs less weight for the entire wheel/tire set up than OEM.

Those Ferrada FR4 wheels he is running are right at 30 lbs each (same as OEM wheels) and the Nitto tires each run a few pounds more than OEM tires so his set up is probably about 12-14 lbs heavier than the OEM setup.

The poke he has is something I try to stay away from. I always want my tire sidewalls to be slightly less then flush with the outer edge of the fender lip. Mine are about 1/4" back. His stick out quite a bit and he said he wanted to lower the car but I think he will have rubbing issues if he does unless he won't ever carry any rear passengers or excessive weight. I even have wider tires than he does in the rear (295/40/20) and have no poke. I have lowered my car about 1/2" and can go more and will never have rubbing issues.

Widowmaker2011

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Extended Range Star White AWD
Country flag
I'm going with the Curva Concepts C48 wheels on my Star White which is in production now and should arrive July18th (ish) . In my opinion these look amazing on this color and I already have the carbon grille on the way. Will mount studless snows on the factory wheels for winter here in Buffalo.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod C48-Curva-Wheels-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-1594-2048x1365
Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod C48-Curva-Wheels-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-1633-2048x1366
Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod C48-Curva-Wheels-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-1748-2048x1365

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Finally Getting around to wheels. Test Fit my 19" wheels today and I am happy with the look. I ordered the correct size tires and they should be in next week then on the vehicle. Some info on the wheels they are lightweight ACE wheels custom color powder coat. The wheels are 19x8.5 +20 tires will be 245/50/19

PXL_20210608_214547221.MP.jpg

mmefront.JPG

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Finally Getting around to wheels. Test Fit my 19" wheels today and I am happy with the look. I ordered the correct size tires and they should be in next week then on the vehicle. Some info on the wheels they are lightweight ACE wheels custom color powder coat. The wheels are 19x8.5 +20 tires will be 245/50/19

PXL_20210608_214547221.MP.jpg

mmefront.JPG
I think I am going to put 245/50 R19 tires on the stock wheels when my MME arrives. Did you pick a all season tire, or a summer tire? I am planning on Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season because they are supposed to have low rolling resistance, and we don't get much snow around here.

Last edited: