Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think I am going to put 245/15 R19 tires on the stock wheels when my MME arrives. Did you pick a all season tire, or a summer tire? I am planning on Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season because they are supposed to have low rolling resistance, and we don't get much snow around here.
I picked an all-season and will switch to a winter tire on the factory rims come winter. I think you are saying you are going to put a 245/45/19 on the factory rims. I think that 245/45/19 is probably too wide (factory rim 7.5" wide) and too short the Factory 225/55/19 is 28.74" overall height and the 245/50/19 is 28.65" a 245/45/19 is 27.68" overall height that too big of a difference IMHO
Sponsored

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Update on my wheels and tires.

Going to start with the rear since I am happy with them and not changing a thing. I asked Terrance to build me 20" x 10" wheels because I wanted to run 295/40/20's on the rear. Told him I did not want any poke but wanted the tires to be as flush as possible. I installed the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 295/40/20 tires and they are perfect. The tire sidewall is absolutely flush with the outer edge of the fender moulding, no poke at all. As far as clearance from the backside sidewall to the shock (closest suspension to the tire) I have about 1/2". No problem there. I am totally happy with the rear.

Now, onto the front. Been having some issues there with the tires. Had Terrance build me wheels that were 20" x 8.5" as I wanted to run 265/45/20 since they would be the same circumstance as the rear 295/40/20's. Well, after I installed the 265's on the 8.5" wheels, I didn't like the sidewall. It had a nice bulge to it where as the rear 295's on the 10" wheel have a nice flat sidewall. Looks is important to me and that was not going to fly. Also, since they had the bulge, the were poking out past the top of the fender about 1/4". The only solution was to go one size smaller. I ordered a set of 255/45/20's and installed them. Perfect fit. Just like the rear, no poke and the are perfectly flush with the outer edge of the fender moulding. Only one problem, the tires that were installed were not the same design as the rear ones. They are both Latitude Sport 3's but the front tires have a fancy ribbed sidewall and they are not a flat design (they are made for Tesla's). I am going to keep them for about two weeks until I can change them out with 255 tires that match the rears exactly. As far as the clearance in the back of the tire to the suspension, I have even more room than I had in the rear. There is about 3/4" between the tire sidewall and the strut.

So bottom line, I am very happy with the looks of the new wheels and the perfect fitment of the tires and how they look perfectly equal from front to rear.

As far as weight, the rear Signature SV706 20" x 10" wheels weigh 21 lbs. 8 oz. The rear 295/40/20 tires weigh 32.5 lbs. However, when I weighed them all assembled, I got a measurement of 56.5 lbs. I guess the TPSM and maybe other variables account for the extra weight but still they come in at just over 2 lbs less than the stock Premium wheels/tires (58.8 lbs.). The front SV706 20" x 8.5" wheel weighed 20 lbs. 6 oz. The front 255/45/20 tires weigh 30 lbs. When those were all assembled I got a total weight of 52 lbs. 14 oz. Again, more than just the tire and wheel alone bu less than the OEM weight and this time saving a bit over 5 lbs. for each front wheel/tire combo. All in all, I have much larger tires and saved about 15 lbs. total doing it.

Before anyone comments on the hit I will get on range, I have stated before I could care less about range. I am only needing a car that will do 180-200 miles without a charge and so far with the limited amount of driving I have done, after I charge the car I always have a range of 250+ miles. Another issue someone might comment about is the front tires are 1/4" smaller in diameter than the rears. That is only a 1% difference and as far as I know and have read, you can have up to a 2-3% difference. Makes like Audi, Porsche, Tesla and others have staggered tires and also have 1-2% differences. Doubt I will have any issues but if I do, can always go back to 265's on the front.

I also set the camber on the front to the maximum negative adjustment (which overall is not that much). I am taking it to get the alignment checked in a few days and will report back my final settings.

A few photos below but will be taking many more after I get my proper 255's on the front and my painted fender mouldings. This is just to get an idea of what they look like before I am completely done.

One last thing, the handling is amazing with a decent set of tires like this. It really is a completely different driving the car and the steering is razor sharp, very sensitive now.

IMG_41971900.jpg

255.jpeg

295.jpeg

IMG_4215.jpeg

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_41501900.jpeg

IMG_41871900.jpg

IMG_41861900.jpg
What was your front and rear offsets? I'm looking at a 20"x8.5" wheel with a 45 offset and a 245/45R20 tire. I'm thinking that it should fit but I was also thinking it would work better with a 40 offset.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What technique did you use to lower?
Hey James, I installed springs from the Standard Battery Mach-E on my car which has the Extended Battery. It was an experiment to see if I could get the car a bit lower and it worked however only by about 1/2". The springs on my car are now weighted down by about 400 lbs which I think is the difference between the Standard and Extended battery cars. The ride is a bit softer but I will not be keeping it like this. I am looking forward to proper lowering springs from Steeda or other companies that are working on them for the Mach-E.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I would prefer a softer ride on my FE. Where did you have that done and what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I picked an all-season and will switch to a winter tire on the factory rims come winter. I think you are saying you are going to put a 245/45/19 on the factory rims. I think that 245/45/19 is probably too wide (factory rim 7.5" wide) and too short the Factory 225/55/19 is 28.74" overall height and the 245/50/19 is 28.65" a 245/45/19 is 27.68" overall height that too big of a difference IMHO
Yep, typo. But I meant to type 245/50 R19, because as you said, 45s won't fit the 7" rim. Also the circumference of the 245/50s are almost identical to stock, and 245/45 would be too small compared to stock. As you pointed out. Sorry for the typo. I edited it soon after posting, but I guess the old post wasn't replaced very quickly.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
What was your front and rear offsets? I'm looking at a 20"x8.5" wheel with a 45 offset and a 245/45R20 tire. I'm thinking that it should fit but I was also thinking it would work better with a 40 offset.
There is a great comparison website for wheels out there. Wheel-size.com
Yep, typo. But I meant to type 245/50 R19, because as you said, 45s won't fit the 7" rim. Also the circumference of the 245/50s are almost identical to stock, and 245/45 would be too small compared to stock. As you pointed out. Sorry for the typo. I edited it soon after posting, but I guess the old post wasn't replaced very quickly.
Sweet, I will post some photos of mine with the 245/50/19 shortly

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would prefer a softer ride on my FE. Where did you have that done and what was the cost if you don’t mind me asking?
I bought the springs from Ford and installed them myself. I do all my own work on my cars/trucks unless it is a warranty repair. I actually would not recommend this for softening the ride as It does not soften it all that much. I did it strictly to see if I could lower it a bit which it did. The cost of the springs was around $250 I think and if you were to have someone install them would probably cost quite a bit. I don't think the cost of doing the whole thing for the slight amount of a softer ride would be worth it to you. You can simulate this if you want by adding about 400-450 lbs of weight in the car which is easily done by adding a few passengers in the rear or a couple of passengers and some weight in the cargo area. You won't notice a huge difference and also the crispness of the handling is somewhat gone.

Last edited:

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Here is the result. I will post one from the front and read showing the stance tomorrow. With a side note that those are 19x8.5 +25 wheels

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod MM@wheels.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod mmewhes.JPG

Last edited:

Rumline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x
Country flag
Finally Getting around to wheels. Test Fit my 19" wheels today and I am happy with the look. I ordered the correct size tires and they should be in next week then on the vehicle. Some info on the wheels they are lightweight ACE wheels custom color powder coat. The wheels are 19x8.5 +20 tires will be 245/50/19
I see you went with the Vredestein WinTrac Pro tires. Those are sweet; just got them last year for my wife's car. Totally capable in the winter and driving dynamics haven't deteriorated now that it's hot out. I'd love to have them on the MME too.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I see you went with the Vredestein WinTrac Pro tires. Those are sweet; just got them last year for my wife's car. Totally capable in the winter and driving dynamics haven't deteriorated now that it's hot out. I'd love to have them on the MME too.
The Wintrac Pro's were on my Lincoln MKX as my winter wheel/tire combo. For this car I went with the Hypertrac it's a UHP all-season. What a difference in handling the Hypertrac did not affect the range and is a huge improvement if feel for the road/ highway stability and cornering. With Full disclosure, I work for Vredestein but I agree we make some of the best tires on the market regardless of price.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Three months of driving my Mach-E UPDATE:

I keep getting the same question from members and that is, how my range has been affected with the larger wheels and tires I installed just after I got the car. To recap, at around 200 miles or so, I changed out the OEM premium wheels and tires for Signature SV706 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires. Wheels specs front 20x8.5, rear 20x10. Tire specs front 255/45/20, rear 295/40/20. My new setup was about 14 lbs less than the OEM setup.

Two months ago in this thread, I had posted the GOM range estimates that varied between 240-270 but was told not to rely on that but to post my mi/kWh reading so here they are. I just took these photos today. TRIP 2 is the total miles I have on the car (about 3500 with the new set up). TRIP 1 is what I have driven in the past 8 days. This was from my home in Sonora, CA to Yosemite National Park for two days, then to my parents in SF bay area for Father's day weekend, then to Sacramento to do a photo shoot with Terrance, then to a friends in Folsom for two days and came back home today. THIS TRIP was the miles I drove from my Friends home in Folsom to my house this afternoon.

As you can see I always seem to hover around 3.0 mi/kWh. My total miles was started when it was cold around 45˚ and it now has warmed up to around 100˚ for the last few weeks. I have the AC always set to 72˚ and I only use Unbridled mode with one pedal drive turned on. I never use cruise control and I would have to say, the average of my driving is 50% city and 50% highway.

IMG_5122.jpeg

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5120.jpeg

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think wheel weight has a HUGE effect on efficiency. Thanks for posting.

UPDATE:
I re-examine this it seems that in town start and stop traffic is helped by low wheel weight. Highway driving is all about low rolling resistance and aero

Last edited:

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Three months of driving my Mach-E UPDATE:

I keep getting the same question from members and that is, how my range has been affected with the larger wheels and tires I installed just after I got the car. To recap, at around 200 miles or so, I changed out the OEM premium wheels and tires for Signature SV706 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires. Wheels specs front 20x8.5, rear 20x10. Tire specs front 255/45/20, rear 295/40/20. My new setup was about 14 lbs less than the OEM setup.

Two months ago in this thread, I had posted the GOM range estimates that varied between 240-270 but was told not to rely on that but to post my mi/kWh reading so here they are. I just took these photos today. TRIP 2 is the total miles I have on the car (about 3500 with the new set up). TRIP 1 is what I have driven in the past 8 days. This was from my home in Sonora, CA to Yosemite National Park for two days, then to my parents in SF bay area for Father's day weekend, then to Sacramento to do a photo shoot with Terrance, then to a friends in Folsom for two days and came back home today. THIS TRIP was the miles I drove from my Friends home in Folsom to my house this afternoon.

As you can see I always seem to hover around 3.0 mi/kWh. My total miles was started when it was cold around 45˚ and it now has warmed up to around 100˚ for the last few weeks. I have the AC always set to 72˚ and I only use Unbridled mode with one pedal drive turned on. I never use cruise control and I would have to say, the average of my driving is 50% city and 50% highway.

IMG_5122.jpeg

IMG_5121.jpeg

IMG_5120.jpeg
What's the difference in revs per mile between your new rears and the stock tires? The car's calculated efficiency numbers aren't worth much if it doesn't know how far it actually traveled.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What's the difference in revs per mile between your new rears and the stock tires? The car's calculated efficiency numbers aren't worth much if it doesn't know how far it actually traveled.
OEM tire revs are 702. My new tire revs are 689. Also, as far as the difference in the speedo, I cannot see any. Not sure if the car automatically adjusts for it or not but using two different speedo apps plus Google maps and Waze, the car registers exactly the same speed as they do.

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
I'm not an expert on tires/wheels, but we can fit a 245/50/19 tire on the stock premium wheels?
Sponsored