Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag
When I used to open track my 2012 Boss 302, I had a set of 18x10 with 285's. That was a great setup for traction and ability to rotate. I'm with Mark on preferring a better performing and looking combo vs range. I have other vehicles for that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am doing some homework occasionally.... working on a list of available wheels, sorted by weight, that are going to work for MME. I expect there may be two distinct sections and price points.

Personally, I'll probably end up going with spun (like Enkei) rather than forged (like signature) mostly just because of limit I want to spend on wheels..... But I'm not opposed to starting a list, and sharing

What I'm finding is that the 5x108 bolt pattern is a bit limiting, and availability in the 18,19 x 7.5, 8, 9 sizes....
It might be a little difficult finding the wheels you want in that size with the offset we need, etc. This is why I am going with a company like Signature (and there are several others) that will build the wheel to your exact specs.

I originally wanted a wheel/tire set up that would give me the same exact diameter as OEM (28.8") but now I am thinking of going with a diameter that is at least 1" taller, maybe a bit more. As far as the width, I want the tire sidewall to go from just inside the fender lip (no poke at all) to close to the suspension on the back side. I have no idea if I can get 1, 2 or more inches. It will be about 6 weeks before I will have a car that I can bring to Terrance (Signature Wheels) for us to take the measurements.

As of right now, I am thinking of a 20" - 21" diameter and hopefully at least a 9" width if I can. I will not be going with a performance tire as I had originally planned. Most likely will get the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S All Season tire which is comes on many Mercedes and other SUV's from the factory for a very comfortable, quiet ride. Since I have a '20 GT500, I am not concerned with an extreme summer performance in a tire.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I've been trying to figure out what wheels I am going to go with and usually have them before I even get my cars. I had the wheels for my GT500 two months before I got it. I have purchased many wheels for many cars and trucks but recently only been using Signature Wheels. Not going to get into all the reasons and tech specs right now but they are first class all the way.

I have narrowed it down to three designs and my buddy Terrance is helping me decide by making a few renderings. Here is a GT with Signature SV801's. Below that is my GT500 with SV902's. I am going to look at a simple 5 spoke also. What do you think about these wheels?
I'll post more tomorrow..

IMG_0100.jpg
I like these very much!
I'm also a sucker for 5-spokes (although I won't say no to a set of the cf GT350R wheels) like a set of Fikse FM-5 or Profil-5.

BTW - that's a beastly looking GT500, wow!

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like these very much!
I'm also a sucker for 5-spokes (although I won't say no to a set of the cf GT350R wheels) like a set of Fikse FM-5 or Profil-5.

BTW - that's a beastly looking GT500, wow!
I have been giving a lot more consideration to a more busy pattern than just the 5 or 6 spoke. Not that I am opposed to still going that route but now I am actually thinking of instead of an all gloss black wheel, having the front face machined (diamond cut) like the Premium model OEM wheels have. My Mach E is Infinite Blue and not the sportiest looking color so might go with a more OEM look. I am going to go through and figuring out which wheels (Signature) lend themselves best to a diamond cut front finish and go from there.

Thanks for the compliment on the GT500. It's nothing like anything else I have had before. Some more photos here if you want to check it out. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showcase/marks-gt500.884/

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for sharing, awesome pics! Noticed the Dynamat, was that because of exhaust drone or for better stereo sound?
Better stereo sound. I do this with all my vehicles. It is amazing what your system sounds like ones you remove all of the metal reverberation. To my knowledge, I don't know anyone that builds speaker boxes out of thin metal. Also to remove the road noise. Before and after was about -4db which might not sound like a lot but it is noticeable. I don't really have any drone. I had none before the resonator delete and now only a bit around 2000 RPM but can't here it at all if the stereo is barely on.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, I have narrowed down my wheel selection and tire. I have decided to go with a more busy pattern (not a simple 5-6 spoke) and go all gloss black. Below is a quick rendering of the Signature SV706's on Infinite Blue. I'm not good with PS and while those tires look like they have a very thin sidewall, they won't in real life.

Speaking of tires I am thinking of going with the Michelin Latitude Sport 3's. They are a summer sport SUV tire. Tesla uses them on some of their performance series models (they also have the acoustic foam inside) as well as Porsche, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes, Jaguar and Land Rover. The load rating exceeds the Michelin tires that are currently on the Premium Mach E for the sizes I want which I am still working out. Most likely will go with a one size larger tire (diameter) 29" instead of 28.7". This will only give me a .5 mph error in the Speedometer which is not a bother for me. The sidewall will be slightly narrower 4.5" instead of 4.9". The width will be about 1" wider in the front and 2" wider in the rear (if I go with a staggered setup).

My car is supposed to be in around the end of next month (March), right about the time I will be recovering from hip surgery so there will be a delay in me getting these wheels and tires all set up on the car. Eventually I want to lower the car slightly (been talking to Steeda about lowering springs) and want to paint the fender moldings the body color. I think it looks better that the gloss black when you have black wheels.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod SV706 Invinite blue

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod SV7061900

Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod SV706s1900

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
My primary goals are lowest weight at reasonable (<$400/wheel) price.

I didn't want to go bigger wheel with lower profile because the streets around Santa Fe have a fair number of potholes, utility covers above/below grade, etc. and near by mountain roads vary between rough pavement, and dirt. So, I'll stick with 18"

after LOTS of shopping, lightest wheel matching my criteria is the Enkei RPF1... only 17# versus whatever the stock wheel is sounds good to me. Most other options I looked at were between 23-25#.

problem is the RPF1 s in our size are in short supply.... I found only a few shops showing them in stock, and was going to wait until my car actually is delivered, but I couldn't stand it, and just ordered them.... $1090, and free shipping
from http://www.japmotorsport.net/enkei-rpf1-silver-18x7-5-38-5x108.html

I'll post pix as soon as I have the mme, which *should* be before the end of the month.

in the meantime I thought I'd post a picture
Ford Mustang Mach-E Aftermarket wheels are always my first mod 20200530_NewfrontBrakes_lr
, this is the same wheel I have on my eMiata, (only 14" on the eMiata!)

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I plan to just have the rims powder coated flat black, get the calipers painted bright Red and Tint the windows with ceramic tint. Also going to do the clear protector on front of car, door edges, and the top of the rear bumper (for scratches when taking things in and out of the trunk).
I was thinking of doing the same thing. I would love to see a picture with the premium wheels powder coated in flat black. I am also going to paint the calipers either red or yellow.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
problem is the RPF1 s in our size are in short supply.... I found only a few shops showing them in stock, and was going to wait until my car actually is delivered, but I couldn't stand it, and just ordered them.... $1090, and free shipping
from http://www.japmotorsport.net/enkei-rpf1-silver-18x7-5-38-5x108.html
japmotorsport just refunded..... they are apparently out of stock. So I'm continuing the search for a sub-20# wheel for less than $300... I tried another Vendor that showed the Enkei RPF1 available. We'll see if they deliver, or xcl the order.

Also be interested to hear if anybody has an actual weight on the stock 18" that comes on the Select; I am guessing somewhere between 23-26# ?

Last edited:

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I talked to TSW. They said they should have the Mach-E in their system by the end of the month.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love this thread. Lots of great wheels here! Personally I love the simple 5 spoke most, this is the reason why I want to get rid of the busy premium AWD wheels.
I know there is a thread about it somewhere here but I’m a wheels novice - can anybody tell me what to look for when browsing for wheels for the MME? Like size and weightwise.. and whatever else is important ? I can’t use the examples y’all are using since most of these aren’t on the market in Europe. Cheers guys.
Here is the specs of the wheels per MME trim. Most important is the bolt pattern but the other specs are just as important when looking at aftermarket wheels.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...fset-center-bore-load-rating-gvwr-table.3037/
Sponsored