Poll: What age group are you as a future / potential owner in?

• Total voters

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
I have done a similar poll with some other EVs and am interested to see the numbers here. Whether you plan on owning / leasing does not matter. Only vote if you have pre-ordered or are sure this will be your car of choice once available.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have done a similar poll with some other EVs and am interested to see the numbers here. Whether you plan on owning / leasing does not matter. Only vote if you have pre-ordered or are sure this will be your car of choice once available.
I'm curious on if future owners identify themselves as male or female. If i had to guess, it's 98% male.

OP
OP

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Here they are, there were two IPace forums i posted on, the UK one which mainly was European based drivers and the US one.
In general the Mustang MachE seems to have a far better spread among the age groups, although the age categories are more fine grained in this poll as well.

US
Ford Mustang Mach-E Age of Mach-E owners / leasers uspoll.PNG

UK
Ford Mustang Mach-E Age of Mach-E owners / leasers ukpoll.PNG

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I suspect the single biggest factor is $$$. Not many younger people can afford a $50k-$60k vehicle.

Even with tax credits and projected fuel/maintenance savings, that's still quite a bit more than a $25k ICE vehicle.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I suspect the single biggest factor is $$$. Not many younger people can afford a $50k-$60k vehicle.
So ... you are saying that when I am looking in the mirror, and I am seeing my grey hairs stair back at me, I should thank my lucky stars because I can afford a Mach E!!!

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
So ... you are saying that when I am looking in the mirror, and I am seeing my grey hairs stair back at me, I should thank my lucky stars because I can afford a Mach E!!!
I think it means your having a mid-life crisis and buying a Mustang. ;)

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
It’s not a mid life crisis when you can finally afford it. No way i’d have bought a 60K vehicle at 25. It’d been maybe 32 or so before I could even come close to affording that, and then i was dumb and had ungrateful children ;)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think it means your having a mid-life crisis and buying a Mustang. ;)
It’s not a mid life crisis when you can finally afford it. No way i’d have bought a 60K vehicle at 25. It’d been maybe 32 or so before I could even come close to affording that, and then i was dumb and had ungrateful children ;)
I am certain that buying my '15 convertible 3 weeks before my 49th birthday was a midlife crisis thing - also postponed for 25 years by 2 ungrateful and expensive children!

Diesel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, VW jetta tdi
Country flag
I guess the millennials aren't interested in electric cars or they are broke lol!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess the millennials aren't interested in electric cars or they are broke lol!
Probably the latter. I know my kids are struggling, and their prospects are far worse than mine when I graduated college.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably interested, but then find they're just bad fits for them.

BEVs tend to have a high up-front premium in the purchase price (that most younger people can't afford).

And they're also most practical for people that have a house and a garage to dependably and securely charge overnight. Without a guaranteed overnight charging outlet (at home electric rates, not retail charging station), I wouldn't even think about buying a BEV. Apartment buildings with shared parking lots rarely have that.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Insurance costs would be a killer at that age on a fast, high value car
I live in New Jersey (notorious for high insurance rates), and I was able to afford a mustang hatchback at age 21 (1987). It was the lowest level trim with 4 cylinder engine, but it was reasonable on my income at the time (also had an apartment with my then girlfriend). Back then college graduates were getting full time jobs in their field months after graduation; it took my daughter almost 3 years to get a full time position with benefits and she isn't paid well enough to move out yet. She has friends that were in a similar position; one guy with an EE degree had to take a job at best buy's geek squad.
Sponsored