Alarm System Turn off motion sensors doesn't work

Tanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've had this nagging issue since day 1 and was curious if this is a known bug or I'm doing something wrong. Every now and then I want to be able to leave the car locked for a couple of minutes with inside motion sensors off. The display below shows up when the vehicle is turned off (as expected); however, if I select "Yes" and exit the car / walkaway lock the doors, the alarm blares when there is any inside motion anyways. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? FWIW when I turn off motion sensors through the alarm menu (the supposedly sticky setting that wasn't sticky before 1.7.1), it respects the selection and does not ring the alarm when detecting motion.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Alarm System Turn off motion sensors doesn't work 1637155443325
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, this is a known bug. I'd be willing to bet that even your manual disabling of the motion sensors through the menu reverts back to enabled after a bit if you go back in and look at that setting.

You might as well turn off the setting to ask you each time since it doesn't really work.

OP
OP

Tanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Yes, this is a known bug. I'd be willing to bet that even your manual disabling of the motion sensors through the menu reverts back to enabled after a bit if you go back in and look at that setting.

You might as well turn off the setting to ask you each time since it doesn't really work.
"Known bug with a self-sevice or dealership solution" or "known bug and learn to live with it because there's no solution"?

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This does not work for me. Even when I turn off the interior sensor, my pet sets it off!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’ve been periodically reporting this bug to @Ford Motor Company starting about 9mos ago. 9 months. But now we have tic-tac-toe.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I learned the hard way that this doesn't work this week when my dog set off the alarm.

Tweeks125

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e
Country flag
A little dismayed to see that it's 2023 and the issue still isn't fixed... Come on Ford. Fix your shit.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pretty sure the conclusion we got is it's a feature not a bug. So there's nothing to fix.
Same with the profile switching “glitch” and the Frunk release in some cars. They’re “System check of profiles,” and “Limited Edition Retro Mustang Style Hood Release” features.