TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
My wife had a minor out patient surgery scheduled for 7am today. Which meant, up by 3am to make the 1:30min drive to get there for the required 5am check in. So, off to bed early we went so we could get up early after a decent nights sleep...................

Apparently the car, parked under our second floor bedroom window, had other ideas and proceeded to set the alarm off........not once but 4 FRICKING times :eek: :mad: starting at 12:00, 12:30, 12:45 and last but not least 1:15am

So much for a decent nights sleep. Up and hit the button on the coffee pot while I get dressed, pour a nice hot cup of WATER...What the Hell...someone forgot to put coffee in the machine. Doh....Let's try this again. Coffee gets made and I take my travel cup and the WHOLE pot of coffee with.

Hell of a way to start your day, I tell ya
Sponsored

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Any idea what made the alarm go off? Got any surveillance cameras?

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
No cameras. Wife suspected the barn cats were jumping on the car but no cat prints.

Software glitch 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 3569

I was very concerned with this alarm because its sensor has to be shut off after the car is off, and every time you cycle the car on again you have to again shut off the sensors, so unless you shut off the alarm sensors off manually every time you cycle the car off, lock the doors and take the FOB key or the iPhone out of the cabin the alarm is always on.

My issue with this is when I take the Amtrak's autoTrain from VA back home to FL, the car gets loaded on the train and the car is shut off I know if the key FOB is left in the car or not ... what happens once the mach-E is loaded to the train and the car's alarm will be triggered by the train's movement? This is a 16+ hrs train ride... I don't know what if this is true ... but so far at arrival in FL the car started OK !!!

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Didn't do it last night...........chalk it up to a glitch I guess

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Turn off the interior motion sensors

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Turn off the interior motion sensors
I'll have to check if I did that already or not. Not sure it would help in this case but I'll check anyway. Nothing in the car and it was all locked up.........

After the 4th time I hit the unlock button on the app and said..."Screw it...if you want it that bad just take the damned thing!!!" and went back to sleep

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'll have to check if I did that already or not. Not sure it would help in this case but I'll check anyway. Nothing in the car and it was all locked up.........

After the 4th time I hit the unlock button on the app and said..."Screw it...if you want it that bad just take the damned thing!!!" and went back to sleep
I’ve had a moth set off the motion sensors, also shadows sometimes, it’s way sensitive.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I’ve had a moth set off the motion sensors, also shadows sometimes, it’s way sensitive.
Ah, Gotcha

Ford Mustang Mach-E ALARMS!!!!!!!! IMG_0004

Maybe it was this guy I found this morning. Bigger than our cats head

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I hope wifey was taken care of and is back home, comfortably recuperating?
Like it never happened. She's one tough chick.....I wouldn't mess with her