Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
New unit at Anchorage dealer...
“And a story tied to it, in regional forums Pacific Northwest: First Mach E in Alaska”
The Kendall Ford dealer in Anchorage got a Mach E today, a customer order delivery drop out.

Premium AWD SR Black/Black
Production 1/16
Shipped 1/23
Delivery Anchorage 3/5

They called me right away and offered the vehicle to me. They said they have to do checklist and inspections and so it is inside their maintenance facility until Monday when it will get the attention.

Good on them.

My dilemma is that recently a member of this forum who deserves an award for meritorious conduct beneficial to the forum, gave written consent that they would not take delivery of an Extended Range that’s in transit to Washington State, ETA 3/22. I currently have a $500 deposit on it.

I would then ship it up on barge ASAP and possibly have that car around beginning of April.

Premium AWD ER Infinite Blue/Lt Gray
Production 1/28
Shipped 2/10
ETA 3/22 (actually in KS in Stop Ship status)

When I drove the Gray SR I was prepared for range loss I believe it was like 6F outside, but I was actually jaw dropped. 100% charge and range 124 miles.
Knowing more now, thanks to you all, I bet it the dealer didn’t precondition it at all just expecting that it’s plugged in all he worried about was that charge percentage.
So, I’m not too shook knowing
1. I have a garage w/level 2 waiting
2. Commute 36 miles to work 12 hours all the while plugged in
It’s my commuter so it’s not held responsible for long errands or journeys.
Production dates are so close, I’m almost willing to call them linear in all except Battery size.
My adult portion of my brain knows I should wait for the ER.
The other 98 percent of my brain thinks there is enough justification to buy this available Unit.
Luckily, I work the rest of the weekend and I’m off Monday.
My little family will go to town about 45 min or so to the dealer and entertain the deal, I mean I don’t want to be rude. ?
Inevitably I need to get rid of my 2016 F150, so buying local I see trading it in as saving me time, which I value. The debacle I went through already, I told them that when I show up I want to see the Ford Options with $2500 incentives and the Ford Finance with $1000 incentives with X plan and expect to accept a trade in as my pre requisite to consider this vehicle.
Sorry this is so long, but if anyone made it this far please feel free to chime in about what you see as pro/con to this situation.
Anything about one being in Stop Ship status with a slightly later build date, is that alone possibly a good enough reason to assume that model is getting all the necessary updates if any are due.
Is the ER a no brainer and I’m just hoping enough people say do it! ? I am very impressionable and impulsive. Black vs IB
Interior black vs light gray
The dealer in Washington is honoring X plan. I don’t think I get any of the sorry you had to wait credit that name held customer order units get, and mostly rightfully so, however, I did have a deposit on one since November that had I known then it wasn’t available I could have placed a customer order then.
This Anchorage dealer may be able to get me the extra charge credit based on my situation.

Sorry, I added a reply to my own thread and it doesn’t seem to populate on the quick list that I religiously use. Just trying to get more attention and not very good at forums.
Thanks!

FDBC0DFE-488C-43D6-8C50-899BAADE8447.jpeg

2EFAD356-9606-4153-9D89-7670B2FD9F36.jpeg

67C7B1EE-F966-4B09-96BE-F2076A24C87F.jpeg

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Honestly being in a cold weather climate I’d say the Ext is a must.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Honestly being in a cold weather climate I’d so the Ext is a must.
Honestly being in a cold weather climate I’d so the Ext is a must.
Thanks Maric! I need to catch up on your story, I was there in the beginning and then I went back into my shift cycle at work.

Sounds like you’re all good now?
Happy as a clam in water?
?

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thanks Maric! I need to catch up on your story, I was there in the beginning and then I went back into my shift cycle at work.

Sounds like you’re all good now?
Happy as a clam in water?
?
Yeah I am very happy I did not throw in the towel. My car is perfect with none of the issues some on the forum are experiencing. Minor wind noise at high speeds but that’s it.

OP
OP
MitchAK

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Yeah I am very happy I did not throw in the towel. My car is perfect with none of the issues some on the forum are experiencing. Minor wind noise at high speeds but that’s it.
Since we don’t have engine throttle noise anymore for subconscious speed reference, is the wind noise at least relative to speed, to where it can become a useful tool. ?
Whoa, I caught that 5k frequency there better bring it down a bit, don’t want to get pulled over.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you’re not going to use the MME for trips, I’d go with the SR that‘s available now.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'd be waiting for the Infinite Blue anyway ;)

Nothing against those that bought it in black, but black hides the most defining styling feature of the car in my eyes - the "fake fastback" D-Pillar.

The extra performance of the ER battery is also nice.
Sponsored