Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Well, if you are going to run through a water puddle and then expect decent traction then wider tires aren't really going to help much either. I've pushed my car pretty good and it's almost impossible to get it into a 4 wheel slide. I can get the tires to break loose from a standing start but that happens with wider tires too. The diver makes the difference from a standing start. Mashing the pedal to the floor usually doesn't achieve the quickest sprint time in a EV as powerful as this one.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would also add a +1 to the lower ride height :), however the concern I have with the mach-e is that is uses the cuv/suv style of a full sill height door, so the base of the door is much lower than it would be of a car with a similar ride height so when parked next to a large curb clearance when opening the door may need to be taken into account.
Agreed. I actually had to move to a different parking spot because I almost crashed the bottom of the door into the curb that formed a landscape island. :oops:

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I would also add a +1 to the lower ride height :), however the concern I have with the mach-e is that is uses the cuv/suv style of a full sill height door, so the base of the door is much lower than it would be of a car with a similar ride height so when parked next to a large curb clearance when opening the door may need to be taken into account.
Agreed. I actually had to move to a different parking spot because I almost crashed the bottom of the door into the curb that formed a landscape island. :oops:
Good points. So, when people are complaining about ground clearance, are they really complaining about ground clearance (e.g., they want to go on trails with their Jeep friends), or are they complaining about door height? If the door height were coupe-like, would that ease some of the pain?

I think I saw one poster at one time mention snow clearance .. I live in the land of no snow (month of February 2021 notwithstanding), so I'm not aware of this use case and its relevance. That said, clearly people drive sedans in snow so ....?

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
My responses in bold.
  1. PaaK functionality does not always work Mine works 99% of the time but I don't care I don't use it anyways after doing testing for a few days. It isn't hard to have a key fob in your pocket.
    1. Note: This is balanced on the positive side with door code and passcode-to-start
  2. Only get 1 remote with the Mach E This made me pretty annoyed and they need to give 2
  3. No button on the FOB remote to open the frunk Hopefully a future updated fob
  4. Frunk divider Regulatory thing...I probably won't even use the frunk much...and its removable so who cares.
    1. Note: this is balanced that if you take the divider out, the frunk is super spacious
  5. Apple Carplay is unreliable I have had 0 issues with Apple CarPlay. It works every time wirelessly. I've never even plugged my phone into USB.
    1. Note when this happens the track forward/backward buttons stop working
  6. The panoramic glass roof has no shade I agree it needs a shade..but not the end of the world
    1. Note: same complaint for other EVs with similar roof
  7. Less efficient than competition Oh well, thats what happens when you trade efficiency for sportiness.
    1. Note: but has a larger battery than competition to make up for it
  8. Alex's complaint is that Ford should have gamed the EPA system just like Tesla so the cars could be more easily compared. Real-world range is very close to EPA range vs. Tesla which is not. I agree ford should have done this like Tesla - but I understand why they did. They didn't want complaints on their first car being it doesn't meet the range advertised.
  9. Tires are too skinny Easy to change and the AWD model has been fine in the dry so far
  10. Ground clearance is too low (lower than the Polestar 2 and Model Y) Don't care

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Fundamentally, our difference is this: you look at EPA range primarily as having a particular real life meaning (how much miles do I get in real life). I look at EPA range primarily as a score for comparison.
but everyone else but Tesla is doing the same option of the two at this point, yes? so Tesla's the odd one out here.

for what it's worth what I think about EPA range doesn't matter, it's what the average buyer thinks. The average buyer takes Tesla's word for it on their insanely inflated range. I agree we need one score to compare, but since we know:
  • there's two options,
  • one of them appears to be more accurate than the other
  • the more accurate one is what every player but one uses
... it seems pretty straightforward which of the two options is the one that everyone should use. The other should go away, but that's not what is being said. quite the contrary, the statement is being made that everyone else should do the broken thing Tesla is doing. That's ass-backwards.

as far as WLTP goes, I don't live in Europe. They can do anything they want there; it has no impact on me any more than everyone else (just about) using metric when we're not doing so in the US. (*)

(*) this does not mean I'm happy about this situation. it's just recognizing that it's the situation.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
  1. PaaK functionality does not always work
    1. Note: This is balanced on the positive side with door code and passcode-to-start
  2. Only get 1 remote with the Mach E
  3. No button on the FOB remote to open the frunk
  4. Frunk divider
    1. Note: this is balanced that if you take the divider out, the frunk is super spacious
  5. Apple Carplay is unreliable
    1. Note when this happens the track forward/backward buttons stop working
  6. The panoramic glass roof has no shade
    1. Note: same complaint for other EVs with similar roof
  7. Less efficient than competition
    1. Note: but has a larger battery than competition to make up for it
  8. Alex's complaint is that Ford should have gamed the EPA system just like Tesla so the cars could be more easily compared. Real-world range is very close to EPA range vs. Tesla which is not.
  9. Tires are too skinny
  10. Ground clearance is too low (lower than the Polestar 2 and Model Y)
#8 is funny- basically "Ford didn't cheat, they were honest on their range estimate, to get a better idea of how far you will go. This isn't fair!"

Last edited:

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
11. No tow hitch.
12. No opening sunroof / pano roof.
13. No ventilated front seats.

Those are my huge ones, and one reason I have not taken the plunge yet. I may go ahead, but those have always been required minimum items for a new car. The Explorer ST has everything - except it is not an EV.
I have a STRONG suspicion that the upcoming F150 BEV will be designed to tow.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I don’t know about you, but my ‘06 Mustang was NOT known for grip lol
My S550 Performance Pack was a grip machine with the factory 255 summer PZeros. Wish we had that option here, I'd have picked it in second.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
My S550 Performance Pack was a grip machine with the factory 255 summer PZeros. Wish we had that option here, I'd have picked it in second.
Yeah, tires make a HUGE difference for sure. I mean, we can change them on the Mach E right?

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
Alex, concerning your video at the ~7:50 mark... Please check your sources on the vehicle weight. I think you have the AWD ER model which is heavier than what you said 4400/4500lbs. That might be about right for the SR model, but the ER is upwards of 4900lbs.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Guys....gals.....I see that almost everyone wants wider tires. Michelin will have the Pilot series coming out soon. Hopefully a bit wider.
In the beginning I also had problems with my phone as a key but now I leave the key fob home. Up to this point haven't had any unfortunate incidents driving my Mach E around.
I know all of us are people of certain habits.
Those habits are hard to brake especially when we find a new habit may not be as reliable.....in the beginning.....to trust.
Ford Pass app a bit slow, glitchy and unresponsive at times. My experience with the app now is getting better.
I do like aircond/ventilated seats also but I own a Fusion Hybrid Platinum which has no ventilated seats for the reason of efficiency.
Those fans under the seats draw a lot of electrons from the battery.
Just to give you a round estimate when I am plugged in at my home, I program my Mach E to be ready prior to my departure.
That process along consumes 4 to 5 KW.
I don't plug every night so I let the battery go to a lower levels of capacity. When I had programmed at a specific time to be ready, I expect to start my drive 3% to 4% lower than the day before.
Two key fobs.......if we make a lot of noise, Ford may give us one after all.
What I want is for my Mach E to do is find my garage door opener.
As far as range is concerned, after you put 1000 miles and have it averaging 2.9 to 3.1 miles per KW, you will get the range at 284 and higher at 100% charge. I am getting that. I manage my speeds, even interstate driving speed limits plus 5, to get as close to the numbers above. Intelligent cruise control helps. I do believe also that in the near future, OTA updates will give us more range by releasing few more KWs to be used to increase the range. Now all of us know that Ford collects all that data thru the Ford Pass app. Tesla does the same.
More data to update the algorithms in the software code. Let us see what happens.
The 250KW freebie from Ford is not working at all for me. EA has not recognized my Mach E yet but EA know I am a member in their network and finds my Mach E without any problem. Unable to use those free KWs.
When I get the chance, I will remove those dividers from the frunk.
I am still learning from this machine.
The peculiar thing is we are all first adaptors. My wife reminded me of that predicament since I made my order final.
She is amazed how this Mach E has turned out. She still reminds me when she drives it that it does not have a stick. It does not roar.
It is not convertible.
Habits are difficult to brake or change but we all adapt.
I am not giving up my Mach E.
I am loving it.
The not so perfect vehicle that I waited a long time to come and still enjoy to drive.
Sponsored