Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
  1. PaaK functionality does not always work
    1. Note: This is balanced on the positive side with door code and passcode-to-start
  2. Only get 1 remote with the Mach E
  3. No button on the FOB remote to open the frunk
  4. Frunk divider
    1. Note: this is balanced that if you take the divider out, the frunk is super spacious
  5. Apple Carplay is unreliable
    1. Note when this happens the track forward/backward buttons stop working
  6. The panoramic glass roof has no shade
    1. Note: same complaint for other EVs with similar roof
  7. Less efficient than competition
    1. Note: but has a larger battery than competition to make up for it
  8. Alex's complaint is that Ford should have gamed the EPA system just like Tesla so the cars could be more easily compared. Real-world range is very close to EPA range vs. Tesla which is not.
  9. Tires are too skinny
  10. Ground clearance is too low (lower than the Polestar 2 and Model Y)
I haven't got mine MME yet but saw this as a possible answer to #6

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass Roof Sunshade | TESMANIAN

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
14. No heat pump or battery preconditioning - I live in Michigan and it's 28F today; that accounts for at least 23-30 miles of lost range on a "good" day.
15. Anemic standard and extended ranges on the batteries; the next generation of this vehicle (and future EVs) should have 300 and 400 miles (minimum) respectively. So much range is lost due to cold weather that it isn't a practical car to take on a road trip.
16. The charging infrastructure is pathetic. FordPass recommended stops of every 85-100 miles on a trip from Michigan to Tennessee; each stop required 75 to 90 minutes each on DC fast chargers (that are only capable of 50 kWh) to reach 80% charge on the battery. That would have meant that a 550 mile drive normally requiring 10 hours on the road would become 15 hours. Entirely unacceptable.
800 V systems and/or solid state battery would/cut cut charging time (10-80%) to around 15/20 minutes.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Yeah, I could see myself swapping out for some black wheels and then wider tires. I didn't buy this car for range anyway :D
Totally agree, started researching what tires I would replace with. Would you go to 20" or stay with 19's?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
14. No heat pump or battery preconditioning - I live in Michigan and it's 28F today; that accounts for at least 23-30 miles of lost range on a "good" day.
15. Anemic standard and extended ranges on the batteries; the next generation of this vehicle (and future EVs) should have 300 and 400 miles (minimum) respectively. So much range is lost due to cold weather that it isn't a practical car to take on a road trip.
16. The charging infrastructure is pathetic. FordPass recommended stops of every 85-100 miles on a trip from Michigan to Tennessee; each stop required 75 to 90 minutes each on DC fast chargers (that are only capable of 50 kWh) to reach 80% charge on the battery. That would have meant that a 550 mile drive normally requiring 10 hours on the road would become 15 hours. Entirely unacceptable.
@AoA showed in his road trip video that it might be best to ignore the in-car navigation at this time since both it and the GOM are overly pessimistic.

Last edited:

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
800 V systems and/or solid state battery would/cut cut charging time (10-80%) to around 15/20 minutes.
I’m really hopeful that solid state batteries could provide the breakthrough needed to make EVs fully capable of replacing most ICE vehicle uses. I’ll be watching for Toyota’s announcement later this year.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Totally agree, started researching what tires I would replace with. Would you go to 20" or stay with 19's?
I think stay 19” because the roads here in NJ are just one big pothole after another.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I recommend for day-to-day use that everyone ignore the "Range" number. It doesn't matter unless you're driving 100+ miles, which statistically, you're not.

You're not going to see "400 mile (minimum)" vehicles at Mach-E's price (or lower), you're going to see the price decline for 200 and 300 mile EVs instead, and more and faster chargers. Nobody needs a 400mi range 99% of their life, so nobody will pay to carry it around.

Don't look at FordPass, use ABRP. FordPass' route planner does indeed suck.

JoeSmoeFromIDontKnow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER (canceled)
Country flag
Ford's official (as of today) weight numbers are now:
Standard range RWD 4318 lbs
Standard range AWD 4498 lbs
Extended range RWD 4647 lbs
Extended range AWD 4838 lbs
Thank you for extracting that info from Ford. Not sure how different the european model is, but Bjorn measured the AWD ER at a weigh station which rang in at 2300 kg minus his weight of 75 kg and totaling 4905 lbs. Maybe his video equipment and food weighed 67 lbs?

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
I recommend for day-to-day use that everyone ignore the "Range" number. It doesn't matter unless you're driving 100+ miles, which statistically, you're not.

You're not going to see "400 mile (minimum)" vehicles at Mach-E's price (or lower), you're going to see the price decline for 200 and 300 mile EVs instead, and more and faster chargers. Nobody needs a 400mi range 99% of their life, so nobody will pay to carry it around.

Don't look at FordPass, use ABRP. FordPass' route planner does indeed suck.
I agree with this. Here at home, I charge my Mach E in the garage and haven't yet needed a "fill up" anywhere else. But ... going on a road trip is where it would really help. I used ABRP to map routes down to TN and FL, then compared the Mach E with this year's Model S. The differences are astonishing: four fewer stops (and each for less time) in the MS on a trip to the Sunshine State, accounting for five hours less time enroute. It makes a one-day trip achievable, which isn't the case with the MME.
Sponsored