Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
What I am getting from the video it sounds like the Mach-E will definitely go farther than the Model Y in warm temperatures. But in colder climates it will go the same distance as the Model Y due to the fact the Mach-E doesn’t have a heat pump like the Y does but it has a larger battery.

Reactions: spp

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Let me go on record... Heat pumps are overrated.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
From the description on the video:
"In my last test of the Model Y I managed 225 miles of range, can Ford best that?"
His Model Y range test video was made in 95-degree weather though. Under the same testing conditions I would expect the two to have similar range. In tests done by 3rd parties it has been shown again and again Tesla's EPA ratings are consistently inflated, while others' numbers are conservative. That said, in terms of energy efficiency Tesla sets the benchmark for now.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
His Model Y range test video was made in 95-degree weather though. Under the same testing conditions I would expect the two to have similar range. In tests done by 3rd parties it has been shown again and again Tesla's EPA ratings are consistently inflated, while others' numbers are conservative. That said, in terms of energy efficiency Tesla sets the benchmark for now.
The one everyone wants to see will be in a few months when @OutofSpecKyle teams up with @Mach-E VLOG and others to do a simultaneous range/charging test battle royale.