Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Seems like a fair assessment. Of course, he also makes his money with new videos, which means new cars too. But, his issues mirror what a lot of people have brought up on this site.

guinn

First Name
Guinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select Standard Range; 2023 AWD Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure why he doesn't have the charging update. I've had it for a couple of months, although I did have to get the dealer to do the update.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
i feel both compelled to watch and not to watch for fear of learning about some detail that doesn't bother me...
Don't worry. He doesn't mention anything that hasn't already been thoroughly discussed on the forum.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
i broke down and watched it. :) Yea I applied my own charging curve update here with FDRS but he doesn't mention the big elephant in the room. FAILING OTA update of the Sync System... I'm still on my 1.4/1.6 no 1.7.1 in site version... Does it bother me? Not really, but I do hope it comes OTA sooner than later or I'll be forced to pony up another $50 license fee. lol...

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@AoA is getting rid of his MME.

Alex on Autos is a good VLOG but Alex has his own druthers when it comes to EVs that are debateable. For example, he doesn't like one pedal driving at all and many EV owners would disagree with him on that. He is also very fussy about tires on EVs with expectations I think are pretty different from most people. His VLOG is better than most and I respect his opinion, but I found Mach-E reviews from other plain folks to be more relevant and illuminating than his.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
He's been saying that he's only keeping the car for a year since his first video as a long-term tester, so it's not because he didn't like the car.
Agree. He disclosed up front that his time with the car was limited. Completely normal to let it go and get another tester.

Surprised he switched wheel though. Wasted money IMO.....unless they were gifted to him for testing purposes of course...

MachHI

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD (Standard Range)
Country flag
Curious about switching out the wheels as he recommends, if it improves handling and stopping I'd be interested if I'd only lose 10 mile of range.
Has anyone tried it?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
i broke down and watched it. :) Yea I applied my own charging curve update here with FDRS but he doesn't mention the big elephant in the room. FAILING OTA update of the Sync System... I'm still on my 1.4/1.6 no 1.7.1 in site version... Does it bother me? Not really, but I do hope it comes OTA sooner than later or I'll be forced to pony up another $50 license fee. lol...
You should be able to apply the 1.7.1 update via FDRS, I believe now you can actually do the 2.3.0 update via FDRS if its been released for your VIN - APIM and TCU.

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
doesn't look like he's running an updated version of the software for sync, it's missing the x next to the car that was introduced in 1.7.x

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Pretty fair and honest review, IMHO. I actually haven't used the Ford NAV since just after I first got it so didn't know they corrected the DCFC selection to prioritize >= 150kw EVSE.