Alexa Built-in Vehicle Commands List

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It comes a bit after that update for some hours for some days later. You can reboot Sync and it might appear faster.
Mine appeared as soon as 3.5.3 (or 3.5.3.3) installed. The icon was next to the profile icon. In my case I tapped on it snd selected the “I don’t want to install and make this go away forever” option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Not having Alexa yet on my EU car, I wonder what it can actually do. Is it appearing as „Echo“ Device in the app e.g. for DropIn? Would be nice to quickly interact with the family through the Alexas at home.
Moreover can we embed it into a routine? I imagine saying „Alexa, ready for takeoff“ 5 minutes before leaving the house. Alexa could then turn off all lights of my apartment and meanwhile pre-heat the car.
Does it also show the images of a ring cam like an Echo Studio?

Imagine you create a routine that lets your car activate light and horn as soon as the sensors like ring camera etc detect a stranger in front of your house.

There is so much potential but I have no clue if it is actually useable right now.

If anyone can detail, that would be awesome!
I can set it up with my Ring stuff and see if that works, it does show text and images on the screen for certain requests

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
I usually press the button on the steering wheel. Short press for Ford Assistant, which I never use and long press for Siri.

I did not initiate the option in the menu to say ‘Hey Ford’ or whatever it is as it did a number of false searches based on the radio station sound.

if I were to initiate Alexa, do I hit a button or do normal Alexa routine by saying, Alexa, without pressing any buttons?
If you don’t select the wake word option, you short press the voice key on the steering wheel and then say “Alexa“ followed by the command and it will be routed to Alexa instead of the Ford Assistant.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you don’t select the wake word option, you short press the voice key on the steering wheel and then say “Alexa“ followed by the command and it will be routed to Alexa instead of the Ford Assistant.
The wake word function on Alexa works way better than Ok Ford, its night and day

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did for Alexa and didn’t for Ford

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I don’t recall Hello Ford setting the degrees, just warmer or colder.
It does for me? "Set temperature to X degrees" works fine.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Tell me a joke is a good one too
Yeah, first thing I tried. Works fine in my driveway where there's a Wi-Fi connection, but she refused to tell me a joke when I drove down the street, said I needed a data connection. Too bad - she tells better jokes than Siri.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, first thing I tried. Works fine in my driveway where there's a Wi-Fi connection, but she refused to tell me a joke when I drove down the street, said I needed a data connection. Too bad - she tells better jokes than Siri.
Hmm, weird, I’m not subscribed to the streaming plan and she can do the jokes when not on Wi-Fi

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
No that’s a limitation of CarPlay, you can use Siri to make phone calls
I had no idea. I will keep my Android for now then.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Someone tell me why I want Alexa in my vehicle? What can it do that the Ford voice command system can't?

I don't have any Alexa-type devices in my house, I don't want them in my car either unless there is a compelling reason for it. And video streaming ain't it, I will never use that in any circumstances.
Are you angry at streaming or something?😆

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Are you angry at streaming or something?😆
Angry? No, not at all. And I really don't understand others in this thread who have said similar things. I'm not angry, I just don't use Alexa (nor Siri nor any other AI listening device) in my home, so I am wondering why I would want it in my car? If "streaming" is the answer then fine, it's not for me since I don't use any streaming services. If "faster voice commands" is the answer, then fine, again it's likely not for me since I have never used Ford's voice commands for anything other than dialing my phone while driving and I really don't need more. I have just been asking if anyone has discovered a really compelling reason to have Alexa in the car if I am not an Alexa-user in my home? So far I have not seen that.

If that makes me an angry old man, sure, call me that I don't care. I am genuinely asking a question and many of you would rather attack me than answer it.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Had you JUST driven down the street? The comms path might have still been in the process of changing from WiFi to cellular. I'm not subscribed, and I asked her what wines pair with pizza last night on the way back from Pizza Hut. She not only told me, she even put up a picture of pizza (in case I didn't know what one looked like, I guess).

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I couldn't figure out which phrase to use for seat heater
I tried "Alexa, make my wife's ass hot again". The swelling in my right eye should go down in the next few days I hope.
Sponsored