Alexa integration coming soon to Ford Sync on Mach-E and F-150?

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm really hopeful and looking forward to the promised Alexa integration on my soon-to-be-built Mach-E. Sadly, I haven't heard any updates since various articles/press releases earlier in the year. Has anybody heard or seen news on this front?

For those wondering why I'd care -- I've got pretty much all the lights, blinds, and garage doors in my home wired up with smart switches/controllers. Alexa pretty much allows me to integrate them all. Additionally, I'm an avid consumer of Audible audiobooks and Amazon's streaming music service.
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
It comes with the 1.71 update.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm really hopeful and looking forward to the promised Alexa integration on my soon-to-be-built Mach-E. Sadly, I haven't heard any updates since various articles/press releases earlier in the year. Has anybody heard or seen news on this front?

For those wondering why I'd care -- I've got pretty much all the lights, blinds, and garage doors in my home wired up with smart switches/controllers. Alexa pretty much allows me to integrate them all. Additionally, I'm an avid consumer of Audible audiobooks and Amazon's streaming music service.
This is cool, I didn't know about Alexa integration. Hopefully it's done better than the Amazon Echo Auto device that I tried a while back. If I can just be in my MME and say "Alexa, turn off the bonus room lights" when I back out of the garage and notice that my kids left all the lights on again, that would be pretty sweet.

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It comes with the 1.71 update.
Thanks! Nobody seems to be mentioning it on this forum, or talking about how well/poorly it’s working. ?

This is what I’m hoping for. Is it asking too much?

Even better if I can also say things like “Alexa, set the temperature to 21 degrees” (for the car).

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
Interesting. So does that mean that we'll be able to control our homes from within the car ("Alexa, turn on the living room lights"), or that we'll be able to control our car from within our homes ("Alexa, start my Mach-E")? Or both?

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. So does that mean that we'll be able to control our homes from within the car ("Alexa, turn on the living room lights"), or that we'll be able to control our car from within our homes ("Alexa, start my Mach-E")? Or both?
Potentially both. The first type, “Alexa, turn on the driveway lights” or “Alexa, close the garage door” would be super useful from inside the vehicle. The second type, “Alexa, start my car” would be useful from your home before starting your journey.

My current car isn’t particularly high tech but I put in an Echo Auto so I can control my smart home, play audiobooks/music, and send/receive messages by voice command while I’m driving.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
Potentially both. The first type, “Alexa, turn on the driveway lights” or “Alexa, close the garage door” would be super useful from inside the vehicle. The second type, “Alexa, start my car” would be useful from your home before starting your journey.

My current car isn’t particularly high tech but I put in an Echo Auto so I can control my smart home, play audiobooks/music, and send/receive messages by voice command while I’m driving.
I have a lot of Alexa devices (I was one of the early adopters and still even have a 1st gen Echo). And I have a lot of smart home stuff, but my current car is 10 years old and very dumb. It would be cool to control my smart home features while driving. Either coming home or heading out.

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

You can already start your car with Alexa from inside the house. I currently do this. I do not think that full Alexa integration with the MME came with 1.7.1. I’ll check later today.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Even better if I can also say things like “Alexa, set the temperature to 21 degrees” (for the car).
I’m pretty sure you can already do this with Sync 4. I do it every day - no Amazon spyware required ?
That said, I totally get why you want it because of your home automation ecosystem and to each their own - choice is good ?

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a lot of Alexa devices (I was one of the early adopters and still even have a 1st gen Echo). And I have a lot of smart home stuff, but my current car is 10 years old and very dumb. It would be cool to control my smart home features while driving. Either coming home or heading out.
If you don’t mind running some wires to your car radio’s AUX, you can use this.

Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa in your car with your phone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VTK654B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TH4VD7KHGB6AKCP9SS4M
(Out of stock now but it comes back every now and then. Not sure if they’re going to come out with a new version.)

For me, it’s pretty fantastic. Like I mentioned before, I can pretty much select my music, audiobooks, and news with voice while driving (without fidgeting with my phone). Some neater things I’ve done including setting up routines that allow me to close the garage doors, check whether I’ve activated the home alarm system, or send announcements to my family at home letting them know I’m on my way.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you don’t mind running some wires to your car radio’s AUX, you can use this.

Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa in your car with your phone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VTK654B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_TH4VD7KHGB6AKCP9SS4M
(Out of stock now but it comes back every now and then. Not sure if they’re going to come out with a new version.)

For me, it’s pretty fantastic. Like I mentioned before, I can pretty much select my music, audiobooks, and news with voice while driving (without fidgeting with my phone). Some neater things I’ve done including setting up routines that allow me to close the garage doors, check whether I’ve activated the home alarm system, or send announcements to my family at home letting them know I’m on my way.
If only there were an aux input on the mach E... Bluetooth and USB only ?

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
If only there were an aux input on the mach E... Bluetooth and USB only ?
Echo Auto uses your phone's app and can use its audio for output, so it's perfectly capable of using Bluetooth; I've got it running in both of my cars that way.

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And a tape deck!
The Echo Auto can output to Bluetooth. ?
Echo Auto uses your phone's app and can use its audio for output, so it's perfectly capable of using Bluetooth; I've got it running in both of my cars that way.
Yep, I can confirm that.

And if you really really must...
Amazon.com: DIGITNOW Car Audio Cassette to Aux Adapter, 3.5mm Audio Cable Tape Player for Smartphone/MP3 Player/CD Player, 4.6 Inch Cable(Black) : Electronics

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag

I agree. I have the MME because of the techy toys. Currently the Alexa Ford app won't work with CarPlay, but it doesn't seem to work with CarPlay disconnected either. It would be nice to have an arrival sequence..."Alexa run arrival sequence". That would open the garage, turn on the lights, etc.
Sponsored