Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Not sure if this has been announced somewhere else, but Alexa Built-In is coming to your Mach-E. You will be able to speak to her in your car via wake word or PTT button, and it will include control of climate, navigation, and radio systems, in addition to all the normal stuff. Supposed to come from the factory on 2022 vehicles, and available via Power-Up OTA for 2021 vehicles the "first half of 2022". It will be subscription based, includes a complimentary 3-year service period (no pricing info yet). There is also a streaming service tier for Amazon services (Amazon Music, Audible, etc). A 30-day free trial is included for the Ford Streaming services, after that it's $10/15 (USD/CAD) per month. Uses the built-in AT&T cellular module, so it works on the road without a phone or WiFi. You will have to use your Amazon account to activate (or make one).

FYI Alexa Built-In is new, while the FordPass Alexa skill is currently available so you can perform vehicle tasks (such as lock doors) from your current Alexa device.

This appears to have been promised way back in May, finally coming available: https://www.engadget.com/ford-alexa-built-in-120032156.html
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Only 4 or 5 months late. In car voice control improvement is nice.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Only 4 or 5 months late.
It isn't here yet, so it will be later than that.

I wonder if the 3 year trial will only be for 2022 cars or if that will extend to 2021s as well. The article from May said it would, but it also said it was coming soon.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Any word on whether they'll also add Google? I know there was an announced partnership with google back in mid-2021 - but I'd like to see Google Home added similar to Alexa.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Any word on whether they'll also add Google? I know there was an announced partnership with google back in mid-2021 - but I'd like to see Google Home added similar to Alexa.
Yes, that announced that they'd be moving to Android automotive for the in car OS, starting with 2024 MY, I believe. That does inherently include Google assistant. But I would guess that'll include new hardware so I'm not holding my breath for that in our cars.

I'm not too sad about it though, since AA gives me Google assistant all the same

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ford Streaming is audio only I guess, bummer.
Sponsored