All 50,000 2021 Mustang Mach-Es Now Sold Out?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was just now reading a NY Times story posted a few days ago entitled Tesla Might Finally Have Some Competition. From Ford. Apologies if this was already posted somewhere, I didn’t see it. Anyway, near the end of the article, they quote Robert Iorio, chief engineer for the Mach E:

“We wanted this vehicle to have character,” said Robert Iorio, chief engineer for the Mach-E. “The Mustang name is a link to a product that really resonates in the marketplace.”

Ford, which is producing the car in Mexico, vowed to begin delivering the car by the end of 2020 and delivered three to customers in December. It has taken orders for all of the Mach-Es it plans to produce this year, about 50,000, Mr. Iorio said. Most will be sold in the United States and some in Europe. Sales in China will start later this year.

If the company delivers as many cars as it says it will, the Mach-E could become one of the top-selling electric cars in the United States, after the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y, and could top the Chevrolet Bolt, about 20,000 of which were sold last year.

“I think it’s going to lift us right up there,” Mr. Iorio said. “I think people will see Ford in a different light.”

The Ford website doesn’t say this on the order page, but if Robert Iorio is right, new orders would I think spill over into the 2022 model year. Not sure if he was also talking about the GT in his statement to the Times since those are technically still only reservations not firm orders I believe - but maybe they also now have more reservations than they can fulfill for the GTs for this model year.
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Interesting! Is this just hype to give the impression a purchase has a level of exclusivity?

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Great news like that is why I am on this forum, I missed it in the financial news.

Now we can expect to read crazy stories about people flipping their deliveries, for a price of course, because they want to change model, color, range, etc.

Tax credits to be determined.:)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Interesting! Is this just hype to give the impression a purchase has a level of exclusivity?
What @RonTCat said. That part of the article is actually old news. The production limits were set sometime ago based upon key component availability. Batteries, as I recall, in this case. While Ford might have been able to procure more batteries (an unknown really), there is a very finite number of Mach-es that can be made this year.
Sponsored