21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My MME frunk is wider and literally twice the depth capacity of my son's Audi E-tron frunk. He uses his frunk all the time when food shopping and is jealous of my Ford frunk.
Sponsored

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
How many owners needed a frunk before buying their Mach E? Was that the main reason you purchased it? Why can't you just put your crap in the rear hatch? Never had a frunk yet and I'm sure I won't be using it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, I had no reason for a frunk in my Blazer since the glove box and the center console combined have about the same volume as the frunk plus the glove box in the MME. That said, I think that a well thought-out EV should have a frunk unless it just has nothing in front of the driver à la VW Bus. If the car has a nose, there should be some room over or around the electricals, elctronics, and cooling for some sort of frunk to be placed. 😎🐩

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
... Why can't you just put your crap in the rear hatch? Never had a frunk yet and I'm sure I won't be using it.
"Why not just use your Selectric typewriter with built-in white corrective tape? I've never had a word processor before, and I will never need one."

Frunks are a utility feature just like all the other features that were once "luxury" or "unnecessary" that have become the norm. You know, all the things like smart phones, tablets, automatic transmissions, stop lights*, .....

* copyright Lieutenant Frank Drebband

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Why not just use your Selectric typewriter with built-in white corrective tape? I've never had a word processor before, and I will never need one."

Frunks are a utility feature just like all the other features that were once "luxury" or "unnecessary" that have become the norm. You know, all the things like smart phones, tablets, automatic transmissions, stop lights*, .....

Did you buy your EV because of the frunk?

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

What's a select

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I had no reason for a frunk in my Blazer since the glove box and the center console combined have about the same volume as the frunk plus the glove box in the MME. That said, I think that a well thought-out EV should have a frunk unless it just has nothing in front of the driver à la VW Bus. If the car has a nose, there should be some room over or around the electricals, elctronics, and cooling for some sort of frunk to be placed. 😎🐩
Would you have purchased you Mach E if it didn't have a frunk?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Would you have purchased you Mach E if it didn't have a frunk?
At the time, probably. The frunk wasn’t the main feature in which I was interested. Knowing what I know now (I use my frunk pretty regularly), no. 😊🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E All hail the frunk 😀 "Electric Cars’ Most Divisive Feature" 343E7A67-20ED-4D85-9760-194DFD7AEBE9

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Did you buy your EV because of the frunk?
For our Mach-e, it was part of the decision but not a major one.

For my Lightning it was absolutely a major selling feature and Ford implementation was one of the reasons I went Lightning I stead of Rivian.

After owning 2 EVs, I would be very hard pressed get another one without a Frunk.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At the time, probably. The frunk wasn’t the main feature in which I was interested. Knowing what I know now (I use my frunk pretty regularly), no. 😊🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E All hail the frunk 😀 "Electric Cars’ Most Divisive Feature" 343E7A67-20ED-4D85-9760-194DFD7AEBE9
Baby. So adorable. It's worth having the frunk. Pup in the frunk

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
No. Thanks for the softball question. Frunk vs safety?
It seems like you're trying to frame the presence of a frunk, or maybe easy access to open the frunk, as THE buy or don't buy decision, when no one ever claimed it so.

I bought a car. It's main purpose is to get me to and from work and errands and home.

I could have achieved this goal with the car I already owned. So my decision to fork over lots of money was made while considering many other factors besides basic transportation.

The frunk, its size, location, and convenience of access, were amongst the many deciding factors.

I paid for the frunk. If it weren't available, the vehicle would be less competitive and not able to command the same buyer interest, so it should be priced lower without it.
Sponsored