All I want for Christmas is.. a functional front trunk button.

OP
OP
JCHLi

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
He won’t. But he’ll get a frunk button! ?
I heard the delay in pushing this update is a dispute involving the terminology used.. they need to bring in extra people to figure out how to change the name back to "front trunk" from "frunk"... They have their best men on it!

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Shown by the slowing rollout of BlueCruise, promised repeatedly and now next year.
Ummm... Am I missing something?? Last I heard they were sticking with "by the end of the year". Did they announce otherwise?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
They can call it a “front trunk”, a “”frunk”, a “front boot”, a “froot”, a “front storage area” or whatever else they want. Just provide me with e convenient way to open the compartment from outside the vehicle please.

Neilthepilot

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 MME Premium, Ram 1500, Wrangler, FR3
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I'm curious if using the Drivers Door Keypad function works for opening the Frunk (I just ordered my Mach e so I can't check).

Enter the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7·8 on the keypad within five seconds.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
?? Well let me rephrase. Either their level of confidence is higher, or they are just exceptionally bad at PR and didn't learn from their mistakes
This, I 100% go with this. Learn from their mistakes, ha!

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I'm curious if using the Drivers Door Keypad function works for opening the Frunk (I just ordered my Mach e so I can't check).

Enter the factory-set code or your personal code, then press 7·8 on the keypad within five seconds.
It does. I accidentally did after I picked mine up. It’s a nice surprise!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'd really be interested to hear the REAL backstory on the frunk debacle here in the US. Unquestionably some bureaucrat got the idea in their head that they needed to save hordes of children from certain death
Everyone already knows that inside the Mach E frunk lies a portal to the infamous Comet Ping Pong, the Washington DC pizzeria with the back room where Hillary Clinton ran her pedophilia ring. While this ring was craftily hidden away the guise of an online hoax that later gave rise to QAnon, the swift work of Ford engineering to remove the auto-open electronics and insert the frunk divider was all that saved our children from this evil ring.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Only on the newly delivered ones. I tried it on mine and it does NOT work.

taikajim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EXAWD + KW V3 coilovers
Country flag
Ahh I can help with the translation because I’ve learned to speak “developer”. You see, December is a term that actually means some time in Q1. January is a more general term meaning likely next year. Hope that helps ?
This exactly. "By the end of December" means that it is planned for a sprint that ends there, but it doesn't actually mean that anyone will put in a minute of work to it. And like you said, "January" means in November context that the event takes place in unplanned future, but it is in the backlog.
Sponsored