All I want for Christmas is for the recirculate function to stay on!

ChargedCheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4XE, 2017 BMW i3 94wh
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I agree, I drive by paper mills in morning and would prefer to keep it on. Plus, i’ve never had a fogging issue with recirc on
Do you find yourself craving McDonalds fries after driving by the paper mills? I have no idea why, but paper mill smell makes me want McD's fries.
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I gave up fighting the recirc resetting, just turn it to Auto-1 and forget about it.
If you can, get the PureFlow air filter for the MME. It will change your life (at least while driving the MME). It really is that good. I almost never need to turn on recirc (I used to do it on every drive).

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
OP: Here is what I did in my 22 Select and my recirc stays on for my entire 1.5 hour commute (each way). Temperatures have been as low as 19F with average temperature around 42F the past three weeks in West TN. I found that if I select air discharging to panel vents only (no defrost or air discharging to feet), E heat on, and recirc activated then the recirc stays on the entire time. I do not have "auto" selected. If the windows fog, then I switch to defrost (recirc turns off automatically) and let the windows defog; then I manually go back to panel discharge, E heat on, and turn on recirc. If you select panel and feet for air to discharge, recirc will time out. I found this out by trial and error.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
OP: Here is what I did in my 22 Select and my recirc stays on for my entire 1.5 hour commute (each way). Temperatures have been as low as 19F with average temperature around 42F the past three weeks in West TN. I found that if I select air discharging to panel vents only (no defrost or air discharging to feet), E heat on, and recirc activated then the recirc stays on the entire time. I do not have "auto" selected. If the windows fog, then I switch to defrost (recirc turns off automatically) and let the windows defog; then I manually go back to panel discharge, E heat on, and turn on recirc. If you select panel and feet for air to discharge, recirc will time out. I found this out by trial and error.
I'm going to try this on a road trip Friday night. Thank you!

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@AlpaChino: Please update thread after your trip. I'm interested to know if worked for you too. Safe travels.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
While I understand the desire for full time recirc, perhaps a software switch to make it “automatic” (as it is now) or “manual.”
Better yet, just make it manual, and ditch the "automatic" entirely. Is "automatic" ever anything but annoying?

My other car is 24 years old. There's a button on the dash to turn recirc on/off. If I turn it on, it stays on. Until I turn it off. If I ever fear for my safety due to a foggy windshield, I open a window. The system works.

There is much to like about the electric Mustang, but automatic fiddling with the recirc is just a bad idea.

Ron Bonifas

First Name
Ronbon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln LS Ford edge Mach e RT1 rapid red
Occupation
Ford service tech
Country flag
I have a 2021 job 1 with OTA 36.1 update. Last week also thru trail and error I discovered the same thing on an over 1 hour trip. When the windshield did start to fog I pushed max defrost on center screen, would clear in few seconds as fan speed starts to ramp up, when switch off max defrost system would go back to recirc and vent as previously set. Heat is also available to rear. Hope every one finds this to be the solution to the frustration of recirc automatically switching off.(I am happy with software/programming)

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
@AlpaChino: Please update thread after your trip. I'm interested to know if worked for you too. Safe travels.
The recirculating air stayed on the entire trip. I drove 1hr 45 minutes on the interstate, picked up a family member, and on the return trip we drove 25 minutes before stopping for a restroom break. Once I turned the car back on ... the recirc was still active and remained active the rest of the way home, another 75 minutes.

Here's the settings I ran in temps ranging from 55 to 43 (fan speed set to 3):

Ford Mustang Mach-E All I want for Christmas is for the recirculate function to stay on! 20221202_171744

Also worth noting, I had my cruise control set to 75 mph, and the "driving" function accounted for 96% of all energy use. Climate control was 2%.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The recirculating air stayed on the entire trip. I drove 1hr 45 minutes on the interstate, picked up a family member, and on the return trip we drove 25 minutes before stopping for a restroom break. Once I turned the car back on ... the recirc was still active and remained active the rest of the way home, another 75 minutes.

Here's the settings I ran in temps ranging from 55 to 43 (fan speed set to 3):

Ford Mustang Mach-E All I want for Christmas is for the recirculate function to stay on! 20221202_171744

Also worth noting, I had my cruise control set to 75 mph, and the "driving" function accounted for 96% of all energy use. Climate control was 2%.
I will give that a try next May which is the next time we will hit 56 degrees!

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@AlpaChino: Great to hear that it worked on your trip. Something else that I have been tracking is how much energy E-Heat actually uses when you run it constantly with recirc on. Using Carscanner, here is what I saw while driving. Once you get the cabin temperature to your setpoint, the KW draw of the E-Heat, with recirc active, ranged from 0 to 0.86 KW with my temperature control set at 70F. Yep, power draw would actually drop to 0 with E-Heat on. I'm sure other folks have found that out already but it was a surprise to me.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Recirc air ?

Not for me.

I roll down the windows - that's how I drive 350+ sunny days of the year.

Skoolbus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Corolla, 2015 F150, 2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Thank you so much for this!!! Recirculate time out was, and I am not exaggerating, my biggest gripe with my Mach-e. I must try the panel vent only trick on my wife’s F150 too.
Sponsored