All I Want for Christmas is (improvements to my MME)...

Lucy H

First Name
Lucy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Am I the only one that would like to see what radio station and song/artist is playing?
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Howard Stern is serious business.
<offtopic>
I know what you mean andI know you want to use the head unit, but this is EXACTLY why I switched to only using the SiriusXM app to download and play my Howard and Jim&Sam shows. My OCD will not let me listen to things out of order or miss things, and always using a single source (my phone app) lets me pick up where I left off. I cannot miss a minute of a single show or listen out of order and this method fixed that for me and my OCD. I have issues.

As a secondary side effect, phones have superior EQ compared to the bass/mid/treble adjust on the head unit and it really excels on the B&O system.
</offtopic>

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
<offtopic>
I know what you mean andI know you want to use the head unit, but this is EXACTLY why I switched to only using the SiriusXM app to download and play my Howard and Jim&Sam shows. My OCD will not let me listen to things out of order or miss things, and always using a single source (my phone app) lets me pick up where I left off. I cannot miss a minute of a single show or listen out of order and this method fixed that for me and my OCD. I have issues.

As a secondary side effect, phones have superior EQ compared to the bass/mid/treble adjust on the head unit and it really excels on the B&O system.
</offtopic>
I do also use the SXM app sometimes through CarPlay, but that interface leaves a lot to be desired as well. I guess nothing's perfect.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I do also use the SXM app sometimes through CarPlay, but that interface leaves a lot to be desired as well. I guess nothing's perfect.
It does! Definitely not good interface to pull up on-demand shows. Have to use phone to rewind as well. But at least I can leave the car and switch to my BT headset from the exact same spot and vice-versa, so I'll take it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Customizable IP display. 😊🐩
Hell yes! My F150 lets you pick all kinds of things in the MyView list for the center of the 12" digital cluster. I was shocked at lack of customization on the MME. And I can't stand the stupid car and proximity/lane centering placed prominently front and center with all that wasted whitespace. Give us a live energy meter or something! (not the one in the sync screen)

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Hell yes! My F150 lets you pick all kinds of things in the MyView list for the center of the 12" digital cluster. I was shocked at lack of customization on the MME. And I can't stand the stupid car and proximity/lane centering placed prominently front and center with all that wasted whitespace. Give us a live energy meter or something! (not the one in the sync screen)
Whitespace? Oh right, there are people who actually keep their screens in day mode. My eyes are wincing.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Whitespace? Oh right, there are people who actually keep their screens in day mode. My eyes are wincing.
Haha, no, generic term for empty space. I use night/dark mode.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
OT - Back when a lot of the UI “gurus” were putting more white space and larger fonts/logos onto their interfaces, my, uh, computer buddies called it “Playskool” interface. I’m all for legibility, but too much Playskool is just too much. 🤪🐩

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
While I love my Mach E I am starting to think that early adoption is not my thing... especially when I see that the latest models have cool add-ons we are not getting...

Ford will need to do:

1. Frunk Button added to '21s - and the trunk button not buried in menus
2. Dash Cam with Record Function - it should be required on all cars, and so valuable for all kinds of reasons - in fact, I am surprised that insurance companies aren't demanding it... Gotta love those Bam Bam Tesla Cam videos!
3. Charge Door Improvement, I can never get that pressure latch to work right the first five times... can we just get a hinge push through door closure? Or even better - electronic open/closure like Audi
4. Cooled Seats - Had those on my 2017 Fusion - LOVED IT, miss them!
5. My Mach E First Edition February 2021 had the Blue Cruise update but it didnt take - I wish that would come through before Christmas, I am going to have to ask for any extension of the complimentary subscription that started on Nov 18th
6. Get a real hatch cover - the one that came with constantly pops out and looks janky...

Stuff I need to do:
1. Get the full window tint package - my guy finally has the Mach E patterns :cool:
2. Look at some pin striping

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I love my Mach E I am starting to think that early adoption is not my thing... especially when I see that the latest models have cool add-ons we are not getting...
Which cool add-ons do the latest MMEs have that we're not getting?

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

Ford will need to do:

1. Frunk Button added to '21s - and the trunk button not buried in menus
2. Dash Cam with Record Function - it should be required on all cars, and so valuable for all kinds of reasons - in fact, I am surprised that insurance companies aren't demanding it... Gotta love those Bam Bam Tesla Cam videos!
3. Charge Door Improvement, I can never get that pressure latch to work right the first five times... can we just get a hinge push through door closure? Or even better - electronic open/closure like Audi
4. Cooled Seats - Had those on my 2017 Fusion - LOVED IT, miss them!
5. My Mach E First Edition February 2021 had the Blue Cruise update but it didnt take - I wish that would come through before Christmas, I am going to have to ask for any extension of the complimentary subscription that started on Nov 18th
6. Get a real hatch cover - the one that came with constantly pops out and looks janky...

Stuff I need to do:
1. Get the full window tint package - my guy finally has the Mach E patterns :cool:
2. Look at some pin striping
You have to jump into the pool at some point. It’s just the nature of technology, fortunately, that the cool thing you buy today will eventually be in the bargain bin and obsolete. I think it’s pretty cool that Ford continues to add enhancements to a car it has already sold, period.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Which cool add-ons do the latest MMEs have that we're not getting?
I have been reading that the newer cars have electronic Frunk Release and they are getting Blue Cruise from Day 1

I took delivery in Feb 2021 and I still dont have Blue Cruise... have the OTA but it isn't functioning (I am a First Edition so I have the prep package).

USFBull

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Rt 1 RWD
Country flag
Ton of great ideas so far. I am trying my best to consolidate and standardize them into a useable poll - no easy task. Here is what I've got so far... if I have something wrong or you really feel I've left something out, let me know. (Oh, and sorry GT owners, but I'm not including specific GT items like the 5 second cap. I also didn't include the multi-function KNOB because we know that's "coming soon")
  • One-tap home screen access to frunk / trunk
  • One-tap home screen, or smarter/earlier automatic, access to front and 360 cams
  • Ability to set shortcut tiles on home screen
  • Setting for walkaway lock "chirp" instead of honk
  • Ability to permanently disable alarm interior motion sensors
  • Pet Mode
  • Stop reverting to Guest profile upon remote start
  • Improve PAAK detection for door activation
  • BlueCruise v1.2 pushed OTA to 2021 and 2022 vehicles
  • Disable eye nanny when not using hands-free
  • Audible blind spot warning upon turn signal
  • Realtime kW charging speed displayed in-vehicle and in FordPass
  • Setting to automatically reset drive data upon every startup
  • In-vehicle and FordPass review of detailed fault codes and other FORScan diagnostics
  • Option to add energy data to instrument screen (realtime mi/kWh, regen, etc.)
  • Reduce infotainment screen lag (wake up Sync prior to startup, etc.)
  • Calm Screen options (fish tank, black, etc.)
  • In-vehicle / FordPass setting of max charging speed, and max charge not tied to location
  • Battery preconditioning not limited to departure time (based on remote start, nav to DCFC, etc.)
  • Unlock more battery capacity by reducing buffers
  • Faster DCFC charging curve
  • Setting to choose between "1, 2, 3" taps versus slider for heated seats and fan
  • Improve Ford nav by color-distinguishing gas stations from chargers, showing street names as broader zoom, etc.
Allow side cameras to turn on when turn signal is activated. We also have a model Y Tesla and this is a great feature. Another nice feature on the Tesla that I'm not sure Ford can recreate is seeing your car on the screen and surrounding traffic. Anyhow I would be happy with being able to activate the cameras in addition to the blind spot on the side mirrors.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You have to jump into the pool at some point. It’s just the nature of technology, fortunately, that the cool thing you buy today will eventually be in the bargain bin and obsolete. I think it’s pretty cool that Ford continues to add enhancements to a car it has already sold, period.
Oh I agree completely - no shade given or intended! Just my thoughts about purchasing a First of the First next time. I do love the OTA process too, and I fully intend to upgrade in 5 years or so!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have been reading that the newer cars have electronic Frunk Release and they are getting Blue Cruise from Day 1

I took delivery in Feb 2021 and I still dont have Blue Cruise... have the OTA but it isn't functioning (I am a First Edition so I have the prep package).
Ah, those features don't even require the "latest" models since the frunk button and BlueCruise have been coming on cars since July of 2021. But I wouldn't classify those as "features we're not getting".
Sponsored