Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Any GT tried the update yet?

Curious if more prison bars show up.
So far it appears that Job 1 cars have gotten the BECM version from the recall notice, but have not gotten the SOBDMC version in the recall notice.

There's been only one Job 2 2022 GT that reported an update so far, and they got BECM and SOBDMC versions that are not mentioned in the recall notice, unfortunately.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a 2021 Job 1 ER RWD, but only updated two of the four modules due to problems.

BECM NJ98-14C197-BB
PCM MJ98-14C204-BDJ -> MJ98-14C204-BDK
SOBDM LJ98-14F476-AS
SOBDMC LJ98-14G069-BDG -> LJ98-14G069-BDH

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The correct date is expected to be July, and no they can’t do anything until the official recall repair bulletin is posted.
Once again dealers have no clue, people stop thinking they have some sort of inside info

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have a 2021 Job 1 ER RWD, but only updated two of the four modules due to problems.

BECM NJ98-14C197-BB
PCM MJ98-14C204-BDJ -> MJ98-14C204-BDK
SOBDM LJ98-14F476-AS
SOBDMC LJ98-14G069-BDG -> LJ98-14G069-BDH
So to summarize, your BECM was not updated (due to problems) and your SOBDMC was not updated to a version noted in the recall notice.

OP
OP

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
So far it appears that Job 1 cars have gotten the BECM version from the recall notice, but have not gotten the SOBDMC version in the recall notice.

There's been only one Job 2 2022 GT that reported an update so far, and they got BECM and SOBDMC versions that are not mentioned in the recall notice, unfortunately.
None of the GT and GTPE software versions were listed as being recalled components so I wouldn't expect the updates to match the versions in the remedy component list. It is unclear if this means that GT/GTPE are not recalled. We will have to wait and see unless anyone has new information.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
None of the GT and GTPE software versions were listed as being recalled components so I wouldn't expect the updates to match the versions in the remedy component list. It is unclear if this means that GT/GTPE are not recalled. We will have to wait and see unless anyone has new information.
Hmmmmpft. This makes no sense. Either they neglected to put software versions with the fix for GTs in the recall notice, or ..... are they going to physically replace the part for GT models and not do it thru software?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My Job 1 has had the SOBDMC version mentioned in the recall notice for months. I‘m out of town at the moment, but I’ll update the BECM when I get home tonight or tomorrow.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
UK 2022 Job1 RWD ER (Feb22 build) - Todays updates made the following module changes...

Ford Mustang Mach-E !NEW WARNING!: All Vehicles - PCM, BECM, SOBDMC, SOBDMB Updates available in FDRS FDRS Update Changes - 26:06:22

So looks like I got the recall friendly version of the BECM software 👍

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hmmmmpft. This makes no sense. Either they neglected to put software versions with the fix for GTs in the recall notice, or ..... are they going to physically replace the part for GT models and not do it thru software?
I would prefer the 2nd one (replace the part).

If it’s not robust enough, build a better part, unlock our power so we can all move on with our lives.

Even though I don’t want it to happen, I would laugh a little of all the non-GT people got a 5 second limit as a result of the recall. Might quiet down all the “what’s the big deal” people.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would prefer the 2nd one (replace the part).

If it’s not robust enough, build a better part, unlock our power so we can all move on with our lives.

Even though I don’t want it to happen, I would laugh a little of all the non-GT people got a 5 second limit as a result of the recall. Might quiet down all the “what’s the big deal” people.
I would just like a little transparency on how Ford intends to fix this safety issue with my car so I can plan accordingly.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I would just like a little transparency on how Ford intends to fix this safety issue with my car so I can plan accordingly.
Andy, here is the little transparency you're asking for. Use this information to plan accordingly. It, and what's been posted to the NHTSA, are the only official info you can acquire right now:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/06/15/mustang-mach-e-recall-faq.html

I don't expect Ford to expand from this level of public detail until firm, public facing changes are finalized.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Andy, here is the little transparency you're asking for. Use this information to plan accordingly. It, and what's been posted to the NHTSA, are the only official info you can acquire right now:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/06/15/mustang-mach-e-recall-faq.html

I don't expect Ford to expand from this level of public detail until firm, public facing changes are finalized.
I'm not expecting Ford to issue more information because I posted here :)

I am just venting because I'm going to keep my rental car reservation for my road trip next week.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
So to summarize, your BECM was not updated (due to problems) and your SOBDMC was not updated to a version noted in the recall notice.
The SOBDMC was at the version listed in the recall notice (LJ98-14G069-BDG) and was upgraded one version beyond likely due to other changes.

I am noticing one of the letters in the two letter suffix and two letters in a three letter suffix in the part number seems to indicate a market or subgroup.

NJ98-14C197-AE Standard Range Battery
NJ98-14C197-BD Extended Range Battery

LJ98-14G069-AXG
LJ98-14G069-AZG
LJ98-14G069-BBG
LJ98-14G069-BDG 2021 US Market ER RWD Non-GT

Since there are other changes, updates not in the series listed in the recall may or may not contain the recall updates. My car already had LJ98-14G069-BDG from a FDRS update in March.
Sponsored