Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm dismayed anytime I see an FE build date reported after the week of Nov 9. That's the 3rd week from the supposed customer build start of Oct 26.

Something's not adding up.
But it all depends on the number of FE's and the number of vehicles that can be produced. If there 3000 FE,s and they are only running at 1000 per week (as has been suggested somewhere on here) then there is your 3 weeks
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm dismayed anytime I see an FE build date reported after the week of Nov 9. That's the 3rd week from the supposed customer build start of Oct 26.

I'm way past being shocked when dealers provide information that doesn't match up with what we've heard from insiders.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
First off - I’m a long-time reader of this forum, and a first-time contributor. I can’t thank all of you enough for providing so much great information about the MME (especially @trutolife27 and @ChasingCoral - you guys rock)

I have a First Edition on order, and similar to @methorian I hit refresh on my browser during the launch event last year and placed an order at 9:37 pm EST, which was before they even said “go to Ford.com to make your reservation” during the webcast. My reservation number is 40XX, so very low number.

I wanted to pass along a few pieces of information I received from my dealer when they called me with an update this morning. They expect to get their FCTP unit at the dealership some time in late November, which seems to match up with everything that has been discussed on the forum. The part that seemed a little off is they shared with me that the build date on my vehicle is December 7th, which would put arrival in late Dec or early Jan. I’m betting that date has some “dealer buffer” to prevent them from over-committing and under-delivering against my expectations, but thought it would be relevant to share here nonetheless.

I’m starting to believe that the long wait might finally be coming to an end!!!
Chris, is yours a FE? Are you in NE OH? Just re-read and saw, yes a FE.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'm way past being shocked when dealers provide information that doesn't match up with what we've heard from insiders.
I'm going to trust the insider information more than the dealers right now. My dealer told me yesterday that he thought my original Premium would show up before my Mach Drop FE, going as far as to say he would have the VIN on Saturday, instantly making me second guess my decision to pursue the FE. He added that he somehow knew the number of Mach Drop FEs being produced and that I had the first in that queue. While that would be nice, I can't help but doubt that. I'd like to see my FE by 12/31, but I'm starting to have the attitude that being patient and getting what I want a little later is more important.

IUChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum EL, Audi A7, Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, Toyota Highlander
Country flag
I'm dismayed anytime I see an FE build date reported after the week of Nov 9. That's the 3rd week from the supposed customer build start of Oct 26. We're told they hope to have all FEs build over 3 weeks.

To add some more color to my post: I haven’t worked with my dealership before (picked them because they are close to where I relocated a few years ago), and while they seem very nice and receive good ratings online, I may be getting a sanitized view of my order. The people on the forum who have a strong relationship with their dealer are likely to get a less conservative picture of when their car will arrive, so I take the Dec build date as a worst-case, but you never know.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree in general. What dismays me is these reports appear to be coming from within the order system, i.e. from Ford.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I did use the search function and I've never seen anything definitive from Ford. I didn't know if this was more board assumption and speculation that was repeated enough to become gospel or if it was confirmed as a fact at some point. Which is why I asked for a link.
Have you watched the video interviews with the Ford executives at an shortly following the release?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Have you watched the video interviews with the Ford executives at an shortly following the release?
No I haven't seen those, I was hoping the webex sessions would actually cover things like that, but they were more fluff sessions covering press releases and marketing info. Do you happen to have those links? Thanks in advance

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
First off - I’m a long-time reader of this forum, and a first-time contributor. I can’t thank all of you enough for providing so much great information about the MME (especially @trutolife27 and @ChasingCoral - you guys rock)

I have a First Edition on order, and similar to @methorian I hit refresh on my browser during the launch event last year and placed an order at 9:37 pm EST, which was before they even said “go to Ford.com to make your reservation” during the webcast. My reservation number is 40XX, so very low number.

I wanted to pass along a few pieces of information I received from my dealer when they called me with an update this morning. They expect to get their FCTP unit at the dealership some time in late November, which seems to match up with everything that has been discussed on the forum. The part that seemed a little off is they shared with me that the build date on my vehicle is December 7th, which would put arrival in late Dec or early Jan. I’m betting that date has some “dealer buffer” to prevent them from over-committing and under-delivering against my expectations, but thought it would be relevant to share here nonetheless.

I’m starting to believe that the long wait might finally be coming to an end!!!
I think something is screwy here. I would have thought that all the FE's would have been made by this date as they are a limited run and rumour has it that they are making them first and production starts 26 October. There is a member in Netherlands who has seen his dealers computer and his non FE (too difficult to explain version accurately) has a VIN, build date of 7 December and estimated delivery of 27 Feb. Hopefully you should get yours sooner rather than later

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Apple can get a watch from China to Pennsylvania in less than 48 hours and it takes ford 8 weeks to get a car from Mexico to Canada? I know a car is bigger than a watch and the Canadian border is closed, but still ?
Yes, I know 8 weeks is typical ship time. It just feels like forever!
oddly enough, airplanes are faster than trains.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The level of misinformation and wishful thinking on a new product launch is always amazing. I’m never shocked either but I do get dismayed at the levels of contradictory information. Ford is hardly alone in this either.

Every insider here is contributing a small piece of the big picture, and I sincerely thank them all for it. What we now have, though, is a 15 pixel wide view of a rapidly moving target. It’s going to change again. And eventually we’re all going to get our cars.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The level of disinformation and wishful thinking on a new product launch is always amazing. I’m never shocked either but I do get dismayed at the levels of contradictory information. Ford is hardly alone in this either.

Every insider here is contributing a small piece of the big picture, and I sincerely thank them all for it. What we now have, though, is a 15 pixel wide view of a rapidly moving target. It’s going to change again. And eventually we’re all going to get our cars.
BUT ISN'T IT FUN ? ? ? ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
oddly enough, airplanes are faster than trains.
I flew airplane loads of Apple Watches, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices galore out of Shenzhen and Guangzhou China non stop to the USA. And in all that time exactly two cars, both formula one racers sponsored by the airline.

Not only is airfreight faster it’s exponentially more expensive when it’s heavier snd bigger. Yeah, we probably want to keep the cars on trains, trucks, and ships.