Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
At this point it looks like they will handle the mixing of models by interweaving FCTPs and FEs. At some point the FCTPs may trade off for customer Premiums. We just don't know if that will happen before the FEs are finished. As there are only trivial differences between Premium E4X and FEs, they will probably hold off on the Premium E4X production until the FEs are finished. That would be a pretty even trade with just a few part substitutions.

And there's build and then there's delivery.

The question is if they will hold other customer models in Cuautitlan while they ship out FCTPs and FEs first. I think that would be likely for any vehicles before OKTB and after that until the backlog is shipped out. If they are still making FEs when the shipping backlog is eliminated, some other models may precede some FEs out of the plant.

Of course, there's another option for shipping: They don't worry about order beyond filling trucks to single dealers and groups of nearby dealers. Even if they do worry about order, some other models may be slipped in for shipping efficiency.
Sounds reasonable.
The accountants would prefer that all available First Editions ship before less expensive models. Best laid plans....
Sponsored

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I see the same - except: Order Code is A010 and Sales Code is F71100.
I think the sales code is dealer related and I dont know what the Order code means. Price level is the revison or version number of pricing - the previous pricing was I believe 110 and after cuts its shown as 120
Sales Code (F followed by 5 numbers) = Your Dealer
Order # (4 digits, alphanumeric) = Essentially random, internal number your dealer makes this up for their own tracking

The reservation timestamp is a different line in the order system if you ordered online, that will be used for scheduling.

Pricing codes are just sequential but go up by 5s usually, the first digit is the last digit of the model year, so since it's 21MY they start with 1. They usually are locked in at time of purchase, because prices don't normally go down, but for us they revised all orders up to 120 to get the price drop.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I also just spoke with Galpin who is our dealer and was told the same... over 100 orders out of their 180+ reservations and that they expect to know next week which "orders" have be "scheduled" and that they would have Vins when they are. We have a Route 1 ordered so hoping that the limited number of those that seem to have been ordered may mean better chances of getting it earlier as they will want to test those builds along in between the Premiums etc. ChasingCoral's spreadsheet seemed to also forecast that they will build them all early as well.

He also mentioned that they would be having an invitation event to view the MachE on November 14th (I had mentioned I had signed up to preview at another dealer).
Galpin has their own Ford Rep who is assigned to them specifically and only them due to their volume. If they say that they do not know then folks no one has the right info.

In short I go by what Galpin says. I trust them as they have ALWAYS been honest with me for 16 years.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Fwiw, my dealer just confirmed my Machdrop FE (upgrade) order is confirmed in his system (no vin yet) and wanted to know if I’d like to cancel my other premium order. He said he could NOT receive an extra mache. They all need the original ordering customer name attached. If I wanted 2, no problem.

He could also see that my old premium was in the order system before the machdrop FE but didn’t know what that meant re build date. Premium orig reservation #19xxx, converted to order ASAP in July.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
He could also see that my old premium was in the order system before the machdrop FE but didn’t know what that meant re build date. Premium orig reservation #19xxx, converted to order ASAP in July.
My is #13xxx Premium yet my dealership contact has not responded to my enquiry. Hope one day the will of the people tips the scale and win over the special interest lobbyist.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Well we are halfway through the week before the start of MP2 and I don't think anyone has mentioned this week that they are being scheduled yet. Will it be Friday before we hear any more news? ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production? tumblr_p2pnim1FYK1v4nzkvo1_1280

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Sales Code (F followed by 5 numbers) = Your Dealer
Order # (4 digits, alphanumeric) = Essentially random, internal number your dealer makes this up for their own tracking

The reservation timestamp is a different line in the order system if you ordered online, that will be used for scheduling.

Pricing codes are just sequential but go up by 5s usually, the first digit is the last digit of the model year, so since it's 21MY they start with 1. They usually are locked in at time of purchase, because prices don't normally go down, but for us they revised all orders up to 120 to get the price drop.
I have a Mach Drop order and my dealer just gave me an order number of #M001. Seems like a weird number for an order but given the above does that mean my dealer assigned me that number?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well we are halfway through the week before the start of MP2 and I don't think anyone has mentioned this week that they are being scheduled yet. Will it be Friday before we hear any more news? ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production? tumblr_p2pnim1FYK1v4nzkvo1_1280
Now that young guy know exactly how we all feel. I was told months ago when it is scheduled but then posts here indicate what your dealer tells you means nothing? 1st 2 weeks in November; 4 to 8 weeks delivery? Betting not before March, however, not sure I can shake like that till then ;).

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The GM at my dealer now wants to cancel my Premium, he just sent an email asking about that. I'm reluctant to do that before even getting the FE scheduled and a VIN. The upside is that he says cancelling the Premium should get my deposit on it refunded.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The GM at my dealer now wants to cancel my Premium, he just sent an email asking about that. I'm reluctant to do that before even getting the FE scheduled and a VIN. The upside is that he says cancelling the Premium should get my deposit on it refunded.
My deposit got moved over to the FE when I cancelled my Premium. I would see how quickly he can get you schedule and VIN.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My deposit got moved over to the FE when I cancelled my Premium. I would see how quickly he can get you schedule and VIN.
Same here.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have a Mach Drop order and my dealer just gave me an order number of #M001. Seems like a weird number for an order but given the above does that mean my dealer assigned me that number?
Yes.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'm with you. I'd wait for the build date and VIN.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Yep just cancelled my premium with the dealer. He assures me my machdrop FE is in the order bank. Victory goes to the bold. They must cancel one or contract you to buy both.
Sponsored