Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Latest I just heard is that only a few FE will be delivered before the end of the year
I'm not so sure. Latest is that very few are going to be delivered before the end of the year
Don’t you be saying something that sad with Dearborn in your name tag
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I'm not so sure. Latest is that very few are going to be delivered before the end of the year
Even so, if all these reports of early FE orders really aren't being built until the week of Dec 7, what is the factory doing from Oct 26 until then?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Whatever anyone is going through, that is not good. But any company has to make sure what is ordered is done right and sold. Been thinking of all of you since the start if not I wouldn't be passing on the info. If every one of us ordered 3 think how long the wait would be then. You might not get one for 2 years. Have a good day.
No doubt. I was nervous when they cancelled my Premium and put in the FE. Just wanted to make sure I got a car in good time. They cancelled mine immediately when placing my FE order - kind of surprised others kept both orders.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Even so, if all these reports of early FE orders really aren't being built until the week of Dec 7, what is the factory doing from Oct 26 until then?
If you look at @ChasingCoral's version 8 spreadsheet and @trutolife27 's posts from a while back, the answer is, "Slowly ramping up production speed." You can't go from 0 to 1300 with the flick of a switch. It's a lot like a fire hose, it doesn't get turned on full blast just because the line was laid out, disasters happen that way. So my guess is that more FCTP cars are being built, then the FE's and fillers for production line optimization. I'd not bet on full 1300+ cars per week until near the end of this year's production. :(

While slower production than we had imagined is certainly disappointing for those who have waited nearly a year at this point, it's also understandable from a quality perspective.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
For a lot of us, $7500 deferred a year, might as well be 10 years from a cash flow perspective. And FE's stand for "First" First as in first run/delivered first. Remains to be seen.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
@trutolife27 has indicated that production is starting on time. I know that there are a few of us that have November build dates for FEs. It still isn't entirely known how the scheduling was done. @Kamuelaflyer is correct that they can't go from zero to 1300 with out experiencing significant growing pains and, likely, quality issues. I anticipate them improving production numbers every week.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
So 2020 already sucks but if I find out other Premium reservation holders with reservation numbers and dates after mine are getting build weeks ahead of mine I’m not going to handle it well.
Premium SR RWD reservation number 96## and a build week of December 14.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
So 2020 already sucks but if I find out other Premium reservation holders with reservation numbers and dates after mine are getting build weeks ahead of mine I’m not going to handle it well.
Premium SR RWD reservation number 96## and a build week of December 14.
It's not reservation number, it reservation datetime stamp! ;)

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The line speed to start with is slow. "each" area has its own JPH. Each day it will get faster as long as the quality is kept. Then on a certain day, they will be up to speed with what dearborn has the line to run at. The true JPH.
The workers have to get into a healthy rhythm of the job for them and the product.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
FE Rapid Red 12/14 :(

But I have a date and a VIN :)

But my dealer seems to have three ahead of mine that aren't FE's. I assume those are FCTP's.
Sponsored