Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
After reading this thread I e-mailed my dealer. Hudson Ford in Hudson, Wisconsin. I received the following back from the COO of the dealership:

"I just checked and your order is “Previewing” for this week to be scheduled for production. That is a great sign! Your actually our first customer to get scheduled!

Our demo should be here either late November or early December.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

My Best!"

I have a reservation turned order number of 10004676 for a Premium AWD STD Shadow Black.

I am hoping that this means it will arrive Thanksgiving or for Christmas!!
I just received similar news, albeit a bit more vague: "yours is in preview status. soon as it has a vin number i will let you know when the build week is and the vin number."

It's about to get real!
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Still no VIN-I called him back and he said “I think that’s your car-I have two FE’s in Grabber Blue”. One with a build date and one without. Once he confirms he’ll give me the VIN. Regardless someone has a car being built on 11/16 which means the cars are coming.
So a build the week of 11/16 (they normally give build weeks, not actual days) indicates they plan to be building FEs in the fourth week after the scheduled start of MP2 (26 Oct). That either means
  • they have more than they can build in three weeks at full speed
  • they will still be ramping up line speed
  • they are starting late
WIth any of those, it still means FEs should be built before OKTB. Hopefully that means they will get on to Premiums and others by December, if not in November.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just received similar news, albeit a bit more vague: "yours is in preview status. soon as it has a vin number i will let you know when the build week is and the vin number."

It's about to get real!
Quick update. I asked my dealer:
  • A couple more things. Have you heard anything about the Mach E Tour coming to our area, maybe even to Koons Ford?
  • Does Koons have one or more Mach Es coming on FCTP? If so, have you ben told when they are projected to arrive?

Response:
"none at all so far. i am hoping we get a training an in store training on one, if we do it is a 90% chance that they will bring one over. will keep you updated."

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
So a build the week of 11/16 (they normally give build weeks, not actual days) indicates they plan to be building FEs in the fourth week after the scheduled start of MP2 (26 Oct). That either means
  • they are starting late
WIth any of those, it still means FEs should be built before OKTB. Hopefully that means they will get on to Premiums and others by December, if not in November.
Makes sense-11/16 is a Monday. I wonder when the other Grabber Blue FE is going to get a build date and if that build date is also 11/16. I would think they should all be in that 3 week window. And any FE’s or available Premiums get shipped up to my dealer sometime in early to mid December.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've contacted my dealer about when they would get their demo and when we could have a test drive. He answer me that 2 of their customer order will be assembled in November and he believes they will arrive on their premises in December to be delivered. Has for the demo and test driving a Mach-E it won't be before January. It's funny that FCTP will be delivered to the dealer later then the customer vehicle.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've contacted my dealer about when they would get their demo and when we could have a test drive. He answer me that 2 of their customer order will be assembled in November and he believes they will arrive on their premises in December to be delivered. Has for the demo and test driving a Mach-E it won't be before January. It's funny that FCTP will be delivered to the dealer later then the customer vehicle.
Ford has always said FCTP would arrive first so customers would get to test drive one before they make their final purchase.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
  • they are starting late
Except for the fact that my dealer told me the build week for my FE is 11/23.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford has always said FCTP would arrive first so customers would get to test drive one before they make their final purchase.
My Dealer told me their FCTP has a build week of 11/2 and will arrive the week of 11/23.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My Dealer told me their FCTP has a build week of 11/2 and will arrive the week of 11/23.
If the OKTB is truly 11/23, with the thanksgiving holiday on 11/26 it might not be until the following week (11/30).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If the OKTB is truly 11/23, with the thanksgiving holiday on 11/26 it might not be until the following week (11/30).
We will need our Ford Experts to tell us if they have to wait on OKTB to ship FCTP vehicles. Maybe those don't have to wait on the OKTB?

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just got an interesting call from my dealer. Apparently a second FE in Grabber Blue in my name showed up in his order system. He told me he has to cancel orders out, but if I knew anyone interested in an FE in that color, he could transfer the order over to that person. I'm skeptical about that, but what do I know?

On a side note, he said he'd have my VIN on the original Premium Saturday and thinks it'll show up on his lot before my FE.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
We will need our Ford Experts to tell us if they have to wait on OKTB to ship FCTP vehicles. Maybe those don't have to wait on the OKTB?
I'm no expert. But the answer is general is yes, that have to wait. But, someone who is an expert alluded to "efforts" to get them to dealers early. What those "efforts" has not been leaked.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Except for the fact that my dealer told me the build week for my FE is 11/23.
That further supports the three options I posed. However, it also means FEs may not be finished by OKTB.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@trutolife27 already said they normally have to wait to ship FCTP until OKTB has been issued. Of course, he also just said there is pressure to get them out sooner than that. A conundrum.
Sponsored