Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Seems like one day I feel like I have a good feel for the schedule, then the next day it's a total crapshoot.

Today's the latter.
It also never fails that right about the time I put the work into a new version of my spreadsheet, some new information comes out!

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My dealer confirmed my Mach Drop FE order in his system today, but no scheduled build date yet. My original Premium is still in the system as well, and it looks like they're going to keep it for their stock if they can. I'm hoping I hear something soon, but the news was promising.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Given that most of the dealer scheduling activities were based on day of week, is it safe to assume each batch is 1 week long, and the next batch is the following week, etc?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm wondering how accurate the info is here - very detailed:
Did kind of a fast skim, so maybe I missed it... however I didn't see anything tied into about the reservation date. That makes me think it's probably at least slightly incomplete for the Mach E as that normally isn't a factor, but is for the Mach E.

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I do NOT have a VIN or a Build Date (I’ll ask, but I’m sure he would have told me). I do hot have high hopes. Premium Infinite Blue AWD ER Reservation Number 27034, Ordered on 29 June 2020.
Proof the reservation numbers are wacko. Mine is 5,000 higher than yours, but I reserved January 9th.

My hopes are getting more hopeful. ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It also never fails that right about the time I put the work into a new version of my spreadsheet, some new information comes out!
In that case....v8 comes out later this evening then?
:)

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I see a choice Ford will very soon / days have to make on Mach-E production.

1 Get FTCP / Demos to NA dealers delivered first to generate additional sales.

Problem is any new sales generated by the Demos are going to have delivery dates of close to a year wait after the Europe deliveries and the GT deliveries are completed. That is a Long Wait.

2 Produce the NA Fe’s and Premiums First to deliver as many as possible to NA customers in 2020.

I still think this is the only reasonable choice.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see a choice Ford will very soon / days have to make on Mach-E production.

1 Get FTCP / Demos to NA dealers delivered first to generate additional sales.

Problem is any new sales generated by the Demos are going to have delivery dates of close to a year wait after the Europe deliveries and the GT deliveries are completed. That is a Long Wait.

2 Produce the NA Fe’s and Premiums First to deliver as many as possible to NA customers in 2020.

I still think this is the only reasonable choice.
Not entirely true on 1... Many are waiting for test drives and have reservations that can be converted to orders until the end of the year and will be scheduled to build earlier instead of the end of the line.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
True, as is the comment about those waiting for test drives. Even without new orders or late reservation conversions though, there are a substantial number of people who are not buying the GT who will have waits of well over a year as it is.

I personally do not anticipate seeing a MME with my name on it until after the 14 month marker has been hit, and possibly a fair bit after that. Others have waited longer.

Unfortunately, long waits are part of the brand new model car process. Toss in a pandemic and it’s even worse.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Not entirely true on 1... Many are waiting for test drives and have reservations that can be converted to orders until the end of the year and will be scheduled to build earlier instead of the end of the line.
You are definitely tempting Fate if you have not converted your reservation to an order yet --- Good Luck !

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Hey it is getting real and once the flood gates open we can all be happy cause ours will be coming. May not be as fast as we would like but no more waiting on the Ts to be dotted and I's to be crossed

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You are definitely tempting Fate if you have not converted your reservation to an order yet --- Good Luck !
I reserved a car on 11/18 and another on 11/20. Converted one to an order, hanging onto the other res for now, in case something goes awry on the first one.

Of course at this point, it's looking far less likely that I'll receive the first order by 12/31, after which the second reservation will automatically cancel and refund.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If the info we've been getting is true about 56000 MMEs already committed to buy, I don't even know why they're bothering with making FCTPs first. All that does is hold up customer orders, most of which having been waiting for a year. If they don't have many left to sell, why do you need demos this soon?

Maybe it's just seen as a way to perfect production builds (work the kinks out on the FCTPs)? Or maybe they're not as sold out as it sounded. One surprising number in the most recent update was the hearing there's still 12,000 left to sell?? That seems in conflict with the other info.