Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production?

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I just talked to my dealer. He confirmed that my premium was converted to an FE, but my reservation on the website is always going to say Premium Space White-Not Grabber Blue FE...but here is the best part, he confirmed a VIN and a build date of 11/16. He is supposed to send me a screenshot today. The one thing he did say was it included the interior protection package, which I didn’t really want but as our friends in Quebec say “C’est la vie”
Sponsored

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
This is just sad and frustrating if my premium AWD extended range doesn't arrive this year with reservation number 10004162. I'm not excited about waiting an entire year to get my tax credits. I will seriously reconsider getting this vehicle if it's delayed to the new year.
Same here - have reservation a few hundred beyond yours and order that looks like I will cancel without 2020 delivery. Sad, but then it's just a car.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just talked to my dealer. He confirmed that my premium was converted to an FE, but my reservation on the website is always going to say Premium Space White-Not Grabber Blue FE...but here is the best part, he confirmed a VIN and a build date of 11/16. He is supposed to send me a screenshot today. The one thing he did say was it included the interior protection package, which I didn’t really want but as our friends in Quebec say “C’est la vie”
So you have a VIN?

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
There is a 505x reservation number in the spreadsheet that is probably earlier than yours but not by much (remember that they were issuing at least 4000, 5000, and 6000 numbers simultaneously that first night (maybe 7000 as well). You're within the first week of production either way and will probably sit around awaiting OKTB with the rest of the FEs.
Yeah, there's definitely something interesting going on there. I went back and confirmed via the 1st reservation confirmation eMail that my 7xxx reservation was placed at the end of the launch PST, inclusive of any US time zone. Though I never noticed until yesterday that the eMail body says the reservation was placed on 11/18.

Here are your reservation details:
Date reservation placed: 11/18/2019​

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Yeah, there's definitely something interesting going on there. I went back and confirmed via the 1st reservation confirmation eMail that my 7xxx reservation was placed at the end of the launch PST, inclusive of any US time zone. Though I never noticed until yesterday that the eMail body says the reservation was placed on 11/18.

So my order #
Ford Mustang Mach-E Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production? 1602696422129
but I actually just converted on Oct 3rd (Premium SR RWD). Do you guys think there is a chance to get it before EOY? Haven't heard anything form the dealer yet.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

We also figured out those dates were UTC. The event started on 11/18 if your clock was set to UTC.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So my order #
Ford Mustang Mach-E Allocation Spot and Scheduled for Production? 1602696422129
but I actually just converter on Oct 3rd (Premium SR RWD). Do you guys think there is a chance to get it before EOY? Haven't heard anything form the dealer yet.
Maybe. It depends on a few things:
1. Whether they hit their goals that I used in my latest Guesstimate
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/production-runs-line-output-guesstimates.1033/post-43919
or if it takes them longer to finish the First Editions and get on to the Premiums
2. If Ford actually issues OK to Buy on 23 November
3. How long shipping actually takes (dealer estimate of 2-3 weeks or more conservative 4)
4. Whether your 3 Oct. conversion made it into the system early enough to be scheduled in the first Premium run.

#4 would not have been an issue if you had converted right away. 3 October is fairly late as they've been working on scheduling for a while now.

josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Just spoke with the dealer and my Premium, order number eleventy-billion (76xxx), was "picked up" by Ford, but I do not have a build date yet (obviously). He said he would see if there is a way to increase priority for me but that he didn't personally interact with the system where priority is set. Yay let's go 2nd quarter 2021!!!!

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
So you have a VIN?
He said he has the VIN-He was looking at it when I talked to him. He said he was going confirm the removal of interior protection package and then send me a screenshot. I told him not to sweat it if he can’t. It sounded a little too good to be true but I trust him.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
@trutolife27 @ChasingCoral Have we ever confirmed that order numbers/reservations were sequential starting with 100000001, 100000002, etc. ? Like is order number 10023456 the 23456th person to order? Or are there different levels/groups built in?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
He said he has the VIN-He was looking at it when I talked to him. He said he was going confirm the removal of interior protection package and then send me a screenshot. I told him not to sweat it if he can’t. It sounded a little too good to be true but I trust him.
Once you get it, you can be one of the first to play with the Mach E features in the Ford Pass app:

Attachments

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@trutolife27 @ChasingCoral Have we ever confirmed that order numbers/reservations were sequential starting with 100000001, 100000002, etc. ? Like is order number 10023456 the 23456th person to order? Or are there different levels/groups built in?
Lower numbers were issued before higher numbers. They seemed to be sequential within multiple 1000-number batches that were probably assigned to different servers. The night of the release 4000, 5000, 6000, and perhaps 7000-series numbers were issued simultaneously. The result is the first 3 numbers were probably 4001, 5001, and 6001. Sequential release of parallel 1000s series continued throughout the reservation period until the order bank opened. At that point, orders jumped from the highest at that point, in the 8X,XXX series to numbers in the hundreds of thousands. This was probably because the Bronco reservations used the same system.

Even within those sequentially issued numbers there were probably gaps from reservations that were not completed or other issues. Of course, some were never converted.

Remember, reservation number does not determine your place in line, your date/time stamp does. Reservation numbers are simply a handy reference.

You can find all the reservation numbers from our early collection efforts at:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/conversations/reservation-number.142/
And order numbers (usually matching reservation numbers for those that had them) at:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/submitted-orders-tracking-list-enter-yours.924/

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Lower numbers were issued before higher numbers. They seemed to be sequential within multiple 1000-number batches that were probably assigned to different servers. The night of the release 4000, 5000, 6000, and perhaps 7000-series numbers were issued simultaneously. The result is the first 3 numbers were probably 4001, 5001, and 6001. Sequential release of parallel 1000s series continued throughout the reservation period until the order bank opened. At that point, orders jumped from the highest at that point, in the 8X,XXX series to numbers in the hundreds of thousands. This was probably because the Bronco reservations used the same system.

Even within those sequentially issued numbers there were probably gaps from reservations that were not completed or other issues. Of course, some were never converted.

Remember, reservation number does not determine your place in line, your date/time stamp does. Reservation numbers are simply a handy reference.

And order numbers (usually matching reservation numbers for those that had them) at:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/submitted-orders-tracking-list-enter-yours.924/
I never had a reservation. I just ordered immediately when the order banks opened. I wonder where that puts me?

Kadaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S60, Zoe R210
Country flag

I ordered the same night for FE. My numbering was in 7xxx. So that was also a sequence used.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I ordered the same night for FE. My numbering was in 7xxx. So that was also a sequence used.
Yes, we are sure 7,000 series numbers were used that night, just not sure if they started at the same time as the others.
Sponsored