Am I fine with the 240V "mobile" charger as a permanent fixture in my garage?

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
After installing a JuiceBox 40, I asked Enel X about keeping it plugged in continually. They said it would only cost about $.30/month, plus it allows it to update the firmware automatically, since it’s connected to my WiFi network.
Exactly... same here. Juice box charging my MME pictured.

IMG_20210708_174101998.jpg
Sponsored

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Should have a dedicated breaker, just turn that off?! Bill
Yes that is correct, after charging I just shut the breaker off. Now I leave the charger plugged in.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes that is correct, after charging I just shut the breaker off. Now I leave the charger plugged in.
I leave my portable evse plugged in all the time. I'm not sure a breaker is built sturdy enough to be used as an on/off switch all the time

Lady Anne

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MACH-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ve got a Juice Box 40 installed in my garage. And find that it works quite well. In addition I keep the Ford EV Charger in the MME just in case we need it out on the road. Something that I have noticed with the Juice Box is that the power cable from the outlet to. The actual charger runs a bit warm. Actually it’s is 110 deg. F. There are no other heat issues in the system ie at the breaker or in the outlet it’s self. The wire from the breaker panel is 6 gauge and the outlet is a 50 amp rated outlet. The current measured on each of the. Two hot legs is about 39-40 amp. All connections are good! Any other users of a Juice Box 40 out there would you please take a look and see if you are running warm. I’ve contacted The manufacture, but have yet to hear a response. Thanks, Rob
Sponsored