Am I the only one having a great PaaK experience?

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
So, I haven’t been relying on PAAK for my key as I always carry my fob with me. I haven’t seen any issues where car hasn’t recognized it as it lights up on approach and auto locks when I leave. I have never gotten it to Auto Unlock when I touch the button until yesterday. Apparently my passenger tear door button is the only one that this function works on. Little strange that it doesn’t work on driver door but at least nice to know works on one of the doors. Anyone else have same experience?
Sponsored

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I believe puddle lights only work with PAAK if walk away locking is enabled, which is a nice feature that turns insanely frustrating when you park in a garage or basement. I do know I haven’t seen the lights since I turned that irritant off and just resort to using the lock buttons on the door trim.

it shouldn’t be difficult to implement as the car knows it’s home from the charging location settings. There should be a setting in walk-away to choose “do not lock at home”.

Hopefully I am now incorrect on the settings, though I am not aware of any changes. I would love to find a workaround so I can actually use walk-away locking.?‍♂
Are you referring to the horn being obnoxious? If so, there is a setting that disables the honk. I disabled it when the FP update came out that allowed walk-away notification to the FP app. Now I get a silent notification that the doors are locked. The notification also comes to my Samsung watch. No horn. And the puddle lights work well for me. Just has to be dark enough to be seen.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
You're not the only one. Mine works great. Sometimes I have to make sure the phone isn't too heavily asleep but otherwise PaaK works great with my iPhone 12Pro.

My wife's iPhone 7 on the other hand...
She carries the fob.
I'm another PAAK only user. I have noticed that with the most recent 3.32 update, I am having to use my keypad codes more often. I've also noticed the welcome lights coming on and yet the door won't unlock. These issues seem new with the update, though I haven't seen anyone else on the forum noticing this.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
You're not the only one. Mine works great. Sometimes I have to make sure the phone isn't too heavily asleep but otherwise PaaK works great with my iPhone 12Pro.

My wife's iPhone 7 on the other hand...
She carries the fob.
My Wife has a IPhone 12 Pro but she carries it in her purse and it did NOT work very well! With the FOB in her purse there are NO issues with entry or no key detected faults displayed!

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Are you referring to the horn being obnoxious? If so, there is a setting that disables the honk. I disabled it when the FP update came out that allowed walk-away notification to the FP app. Now I get a silent notification that the doors are locked. The notification also comes to my Samsung watch. No horn. And the puddle lights work well for me. Just has to be dark enough to be seen.
No, I am referring to my car needlessly locking itself when it’s in my basement.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Wife has a IPhone 12 Pro but she carries it in her purse and it did NOT work very well! With the FOB in her purse there are NO issues with entry or no key detected faults displayed!
If the phone has been sitting unused and is “asleep”, all you have to do is tap the face and the car will open. A fob has only one job to do.

You could get the phone to be totally reliable but no one wants their phone to go dead as fast as that would require.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine Has been working much better than expected :)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, I haven’t been relying on PAAK for my key as I always carry my fob with me. I haven’t seen any issues where car hasn’t recognized it as it lights up on approach and auto locks when I leave. I have never gotten it to Auto Unlock when I touch the button until yesterday. Apparently my passenger tear door button is the only one that this function works on. Little strange that it doesn’t work on driver door but at least nice to know works on one of the doors. Anyone else have same experience?
Do you mean you have to manually unlock the car to get out or do you just pull the handle and it opens? When it is in park I can always pop the doors. Does auto unlock means something different?

From my manual

AUTOUNLOCK
What Is Autounlock

Autounlock is an unlocking feature that unlocks the vehicle doors when your vehicle comes to a stop.

Autounlock Requirements

Autounlock unlocks all the doors when all of the following occur:
• The vehicle is on, all the doors are closed and your vehicle is moving at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).
• Your vehicle comes to a stop.
• You open the driver door within 10 minutes of switching the vehicle off or to the accessory position.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Do you mean you have to manually unlock the car to get out or do you just pull the handle and it opens? When it is in park I can always pop the doors. Does auto unlock means something different?

From my manual

AUTOUNLOCK
What Is Autounlock

Autounlock is an unlocking feature that unlocks the vehicle doors when your vehicle comes to a stop.

Autounlock Requirements

Autounlock unlocks all the doors when all of the following occur:
• The vehicle is on, all the doors are closed and your vehicle is moving at a speed greater than 12 mph (20 km/h).
• Your vehicle comes to a stop.
• You open the driver door within 10 minutes of switching the vehicle off or to the accessory position.
No, the car will unlock automatically when I push the passenger rear door unlock button when using PAAK. I would think this feature would work on driver side door.

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
It worked perfectly till very recently with these things happening at the same time:

New iPhone 13 Pro Max
iOS 15
FordPass 3.32.0

One of these, or a combination of these has made it only work like 50% of the time.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I believe puddle lights only work with PAAK if walk away locking is enabled, which is a nice feature that turns insanely frustrating when you park in a garage or basement. I do know I haven’t seen the lights since I turned that irritant off and just resort to using the lock buttons on the door trim.

it shouldn’t be difficult to implement as the car knows it’s home from the charging location settings. There should be a setting in walk-away to choose “do not lock at home”.

Hopefully I am now incorrect on the settings, though I am not aware of any changes. I would love to find a workaround so I can actually use walk-away locking.?‍♂
Puddle lights are supposed to work when the car is locked and the mirrors are folded, it is dark outside and you have the approach lighting enabled in the settings. Experience has been this is not consistently working. You don't have to have walk away locking enabled. So at home with the car unlocked, the mirrors are not folded and you will not see the puddle lights. But if you are away from home and manually lock your car, they should work when you return to the car, as long as it is dark outside and the mirrors are folded.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, the car will unlock automatically when I push the passenger rear door unlock button when using PAAK. I would think this feature would work on driver side door.
Do you mean the plunger will pop out when you push the button (it will open)? With no lock buttons and all that relay clicking going on I am not sure of the unlock. First press I get mirrors most of the time the second it opens. Do your mirrors open when you just walk up? I think I prefer it doing nothing when I walk by and physically pressing the door button when I want something to happen. Paak works takes a couple of presses with the deep sleeping bug but no real problem.

If the drivers side doors does not open (pop out plunger) when you press the button it may have something confused in that door controller? If that is your case ask your service guys as when you press the driver door button it pops out for some of us.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Do you mean the plunger will pop out when you push the button (it will open)? With no lock buttons and all that relay clicking going on I am not sure of the unlock. First press I get mirrors most of the time the second it opens. Do your mirrors open when you just walk up? I think I prefer it doing nothing when I walk by and physically pressing the door button when I want something to happen. Paak works takes a couple of presses with the deep sleeping bug but no real problem.

If the drivers side doors does not open (pop out plunger) when you press the button it may have something confused in that door controller? If that is your case ask your service guys as when you press the driver door button it pops out for some of us.
So when I approach the car with PAAK awake, the lights come on and puddle lights. When I press the passenger rear door button, the rear door opens and the car unlocks all doors. This is the only door button that gives that response. I would expect this response from my driver door and not the rear passenger door. I can push all the other door buttons as often as I want with no open and no unlock.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So when I approach the car with PAAK awake, the lights come on and puddle lights. When I press the passenger rear door button, the rear door opens and the car unlocks all doors. This is the only door button that gives that response. I would expect this response from my driver door and not the rear passenger door. I can push all the other door buttons as often as I want with no open and no unlock.
That's a problem if it is not opening any of the doors but one and is not a problem seen here. As noted the backs sometime get stubborn until I pop the front or maybe I just get impatient. Not right ask your service centers tech to check what's up.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
That's a problem if it is not opening any of the doors but one and is not a problem seen here. As noted the backs sometime get stubborn until I pop the front or maybe I just get impatient. Not right ask your service centers tech to check what's up.
Just to be clear, I can use the unlock button on app to unlock all doors but the auto unlock function by Phone being near only works on that door. Not a huge deal to me as I usually use my fob or my app while approaching car, just happened to discover this function actually worked as long as it's the passenger rear door that I push the button on.
Sponsored