Am I the only one having a great PaaK experience?

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
Am I the only one having a great PaaK experience? I was until I had the recall done. Since then, I have no PaaK, cannot reprogram my door code, or my start code (grayed out). I deleted my phone from the car and the car from my phone/profile, and then rebuilt it. But I cannot Set up Phone as a Key. It times out over and over with no explanation. Also, for the door code, i put in the factory code twice, put in my new code and then it asks for a NEW factory code (whatever that is). I can't reset it. Finally, the start code is grayed out so I can't even load it.

So for 5000 miles Paak worked great with remote start and door code working. Now I've joined the frustrated crowd. Suggestions welcome.
Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Puddle lights are supposed to work when the car is locked and the mirrors are folded, it is dark outside and you have the approach lighting enabled in the settings. Experience has been this is not consistently working. You don't have to have walk away locking enabled. So at home with the car unlocked, the mirrors are not folded and you will not see the puddle lights. But if you are away from home and manually lock your car, they should work when you return to the car, as long as it is dark outside and the mirrors are folded.
That inconsistency must be it. My car is, and always has been, configured correctly. Haven’t seen the horsey lights in months.

purplepattid

First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
No, the car will unlock automatically when I push the passenger rear door unlock button when using PAAK. I would think this feature would work on driver side door.
I have the same problem since last update. All of my doors unlock with my phone in my pocket except the driver door. If I open another door then I can open the drivers door but not until then.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We open steel door to laundry room. Car wakes up, charger notifies us that charging has begun, then ends immediately.... PAAK or fob?

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
For what it’s worth, 3+ years with my model 3 and every once in a blue moon I get a “key not found” error or something else weird…nothing that doesn’t eventually fix itself…but some of the culpability is on Bluetooth or the phone OS

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Just to be clear, I can use the unlock button on app to unlock all doors but the auto unlock function by Phone being near only works on that door. Not a huge deal to me as I usually use my fob or my app while approaching car, just happened to discover this function actually worked as long as it's the passenger rear door that I push the button on.
That behavior has been observed by others in the past. It’s not normal and may be worth a trip to the dealer. Or, if you’re content enough with the way it works right now, you could wait until you have a few more items to take care of before heading to the dealer.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That behavior has been observed by others in the past. It’s not normal and may be worth a trip to the dealer. Or, if you’re content enough with the way it works right now, you could wait until you have a few more items to take care of before heading to the dealer.
I think I was getting confused with the definition of "auto". I manually push a button for the plunger to come out and the door present itself. I assume it is unlocked when it does that.

It's the button does not work except when he press the rear and it pops out and then the buttons work on the others? These are all manual buttons. Mine is mostly twice first to wake it up and second to open it but all buttons work on approach with phone and fob. Sometimes opening the rear first can get sticky.

May be better to talk about buttons not working to the service guys than auto unlock. Could be the door module or software for them? If it was the door itself than neither phone or fob would work you would think? If it works for one good chance they may get it working for all. The drivers door at least would be nice. Read this on the forum before but not sure the out come.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
While I used to be a PaaK unicorn, I’ve found that iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 seem to terminate background processes—including FordPass—faster. As a result, I will walk up to the car, phone in hand as suggested, and nothing happens no matter how many times I spam the door opener button. Invariably, I see that FordPass was killed in the background, so I relaunch it, wait a second for “Bluetooth Connected” to appear, and then I can open the door. It’s a perfectly reliable path; it just sucks that iOS is killing FordPass so quickly as of late.

(So, if it’s raining, pull your phone out, put it in your hand, and check to see that FordPass is active before running out to the car.)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think I was getting confused with the definition of "auto". I manually push a button for the plunger to come out and the door present itself. I assume it is unlocked when it does that.

It's the button does not work except when he press the rear and it pops out and then the buttons work on the others? These are all manual buttons. Mine is mostly twice first to wake it up and second to open it but all buttons work on approach with phone and fob. Sometimes opening the rear first can get sticky.

May be better to talk about buttons not working to the service guys than auto unlock. Could be the door module or software for them? If it was the door itself than neither phone or fob would work you would think? If it works for one good chance they may get it working for all. The drivers door at least would be nice. Read this on the forum before but not sure the out come.
Yeah, in his case if he has to open a rear door to get tge dyovet door to work, something is quite s as miss. That’s been reported here earlier this year too iirc.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I used to be a PaaK unicorn, I’ve found that iOS 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 seem to terminate background processes—including FordPass—faster. As a result, I will walk up to the car, phone in hand as suggested, and nothing happens no matter how many times I spam the door opener button. Invariably, I see that FordPass was killed in the background, so I relaunch it, wait a second for “Bluetooth Connected” to appear, and then I can open the door. It’s a perfectly reliable path; it just sucks that iOS is killing FordPass so quickly as of late.

(So, if it’s raining, pull your phone out, put it in your hand, and check to see that FordPass is active before running out to the car.)
I have killed fordpass from running in the background and only launch it before I go out to use it or check status/charging. Guess that is why I did not notice this change if it does occur. Sounds like apple got fed up with all the complaints of battery usage by 3rd party background apps. If you are a battery pig you get killed. By why fordpass ;)

Yeah, in his case if he has to open a rear door to get tge dyovet door to work, something is quite s as miss. That’s been reported here earlier this year too iirc.
"tge dyovet door"? got to make it to Hawaii. ;) morning.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have killed fordpass from running in the background and only launch it before I go out to use it or check status/charging. Guess that is why I did not notice this change if it does occur. Sounds like apple got fed up with all the complaints of battery usage by 3rd party background apps. If you are a battery pig you get killed. By why fordpass ;)

"tge dyovet door"? got to make it to Hawaii. ;) morning.
iPhone typing on an iPhone with keyboard issues.

The rear door. Seriously. It's beyond absurd atm.

Ebf1974

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium awd extended range
Country flag
I have only used PaaK since the day after I got the car, end of July. Very frustrating at times (maybe 50%) but it eventually works, and I don't want to carry the bulky fob. Restarting the app helps much of the time. But it's silly because the car always acknowledges me (or my phone) when I get close by winking its lights. Half dozen presses on the door lock some of the time, same with the start button - I mostly ignore the backup code and it eventually lets me start. The back door thing works most of the time if I lose patience.

Driving along and No Key Detected is also stupid, I'm already driving using my PaaK!

Not sure if my vehicle has or still needs the TSB for PaaK, nothing visible in the FordPass app. I will likely have to bring into the dealership soon once the recalls start flowing so I hope to get any/all TSBs at the time.
I have similar frustrating experiences with paak. Then last week (did this frigging car get an update maybe?), something happened to wipe my backup start pass code. I am used to my bitchy car having a bad day and deciding not to recognize the phone, but it also permanently forgot the back up code, so I was stuck for about 20 minutes until something else happened and it would start again and move.
I even bought a new phone running newer android to see if it would help and I'm right back to whatever the stupid car feels like that day. Works sometimes, other times not at all. And no wireless android auto about 75% of the time.
For those carrying a key fob with them, how would you know if paak is working? I think I'd be way more excited about paak if I carried the fob with me... Maybe I'm missing something.
This car has got such a moody shitty personality for a rolling computer. I want to love it but it's so hard.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
At what version did you call it quits? Did you get it in for the PAAK service call or wait for the Q3 OTA? I use the phone 100% of the time and have not got the no key detected for a while now. I carry the FOB as it is too easy not to but never use it. Once and a while you hit the unlock button twice, the front before the back little things that do not get me too riled up. The no key detect issue is now gone for me ....... touching wood.

Kicking is an art form that must be learnt ?. If it has worked for you once do it that way again. I found that closing was difficult until I stood back so I was not in the path of it closing. The location is the left edge of the plate for me straight in and out. Mine kicks on kicks off pretty well now mr miyagi with the phone in the front flap of my overalls.
I gave up after the second update. I’ve purchased a second keyfob and programes a third one myself. I’m trying to make a smaller one from that.
I want to be able to use my phone only, but now this is not possible to me without getting aggravated at least half the time.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
It used to be a good thread, a one that people without the car but with cold feet could come for comfort and hope.... Not any more.

How unfortunate :(

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
PAAK used to be spotty for me. Recently it has become almost unusable. I’m getting no key detected and backup passcode requires several times a day now. I don’t know if Ford did something or iOS did something, but this is BS.
Sponsored