Am I the only person that didn’t realize that you need to tap the onscreen open rear hatch button twice?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Oh....
My....
Gosh....

And here I was just thinking the screen was being laggy
Sponsored

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
That’s cool if you’re happy with it. But, for me, that looks janky as hell for a $57,000 car.
You can't really even see it to be honest. I was sitting basically in the passenger seat leg area.

If you want a button that doesn't look 'janky' in your opinion, then pick something else.

I am pretty happy with my choice.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This and also a more convenient frunk release button should have been physical buttons installed by Ford from the start. Even when Ford does get around to adding a frunk release button to the Sync system, it is still going to be easier to continue using the current lever to pop the frunk, rather than navigating to the Access screen in the Sync system to release it. For most things, I am fine with using Sync, but the trunk and frunk release switches definitely should have been physical buttons.

meshejo

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e premium
Occupation
finance
Country flag
I mean, I had to stop at my storage shed on the way to work this morning, and after parking and turning the car off, I remembered before getting out of the car to open the hatch. No big deal, hit the vehicle icon, screen goes to access page, press the button. Nothing happens. Tap the button a second time, hatch begins to open. As I prepare to unleash a string of profanity that would make the Wolf of Wallstreet blush, it dawns in me… the damn thing NEVER opens on the first tap. Ever.

Then, it dawns on me that when you use the fob, you have to tap twice to open the hatch as well. Then I start thinking about how stupid it is that I have to tap 3 times (car icon, open hatch, open hatch) to open the hatch from the screen, and only twice from the fob. Is it me, or is this just bad user interface design?
I just tried it and only needed to tap once

Kevmont

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Premium RWD, ER, Infinite Blue, Space Grey
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
The Frunk Button should also be on the Key Fob.

bballpirate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
This and also a more convenient frunk release button should have been physical buttons installed by Ford from the start. Even when Ford does get around to adding a frunk release button to the Sync system, it is still going to be easier to continue using the current lever to pop the frunk, rather than navigating to the Access screen in the Sync system to release it. For most things, I am fine with using Sync, but the trunk and frunk release switches definitely should have been physical buttons.
They should make more customizable tiles like an access tile for trunk and frunk.

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
They should make more customizable tiles like an access tile for trunk and frunk.
My problem with that is the same as the current rear hatch being on the screen only… most of the time, out of sheer habit, I turn off the car and open the door (which kills the screen) before I can catch myself. So if it’s raining, I end up digging my fob out of my pocket to open the hatch before getting out to remove whatever I was needing to remove.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Even if you get the hatch open, there’s no cargo net to put the groceries in. Evannex Or the like fix that for me?

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Even if you get the hatch open, there’s no cargo net to put the groceries in. Evannex Or the like fix that for me?
There are 2 tie down rings at the back of the cargo area. I have a net that I hook to them and I hook the other side to the child seat anchor points.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean, I had to stop at my storage shed on the way to work this morning, and after parking and turning the car off, I remembered before getting out of the car to open the hatch. No big deal, hit the vehicle icon, screen goes to access page, press the button. Nothing happens. Tap the button a second time, hatch begins to open. As I prepare to unleash a string of profanity that would make the Wolf of Wallstreet blush, it dawns in me… the damn thing NEVER opens on the first tap. Ever.

Then, it dawns on me that when you use the fob, you have to tap twice to open the hatch as well. Then I start thinking about how stupid it is that I have to tap 3 times (car icon, open hatch, open hatch) to open the hatch from the screen, and only twice from the fob. Is it me, or is this just bad user interface design?
Maybe it's a security thing.
Double tap prevents the opening on accident, when you just scroll through the menus.
Your are waiting at a traffic stop or traffic light and your scroll through the menus.
Now you touch accidentally the button for the hatch and it opens. That would suck I guess.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I wonder if Ford will put the release button back in for the 22 models? We shouldn’t have to do this mod on a car this expensive!

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it's a security thing.
Double tap prevents the opening on accident, when you just scroll through the menus.
Your are waiting at a traffic stop or traffic light and your scroll through the menus.
Now you touch accidentally the button for the hatch and it opens. That would suck I guess.
Won't open unless the car is in park, so no chance for this to happen if you are stopped at a traffic light, in park with brake applied.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Won't open unless the car is in park, so no chance for this to happen if you are stopped at a traffic light, in park with brake applied.
Well ok ... But still I think it's for security.
On 'coffee to go' cups is an hint that the coffee could be hot... :p
Sponsored